Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

tam
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2971

Post by tam »

Peace to you both,
Spirits can probably do that and much more than that for eternity!!
Yes, because in case it has been forgotten (or is not known), Christ - after His resurrection (and so as a spiritual bodied being) - could be touched, could be seen, could eat and drink. He could also appear into a locked room, be taken up into the spiritual realm, and also return in the same way that He was taken up. Because the spirit body is a body that can do both (the physical things and the spiritual things). Just as the angels can also do.

Peace again,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2972

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 pm Peace to you both,
Spirits can probably do that and much more than that for eternity!!
Yes, because in case it has been forgotten (or is not known), Christ - after His resurrection (and so as a spiritual bodied being) - could be touched, could be seen, could eat and drink. He could also appear into a locked room, be taken up into the spiritual realm, and also return in the same way that He was taken up. Because the spirit body is a body that can do both (the physical things and the spiritual things). Just as the angels can also do.

Peace again,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
That is true. Angels from Jehovah appeared to and ate with Lot and Abraham, changing their composition readily. Then they went back to the spirit realm. The same thing applies to Jesus after his resurrection.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2973

Post by onewithhim »

This time of year most people celebrate the traditions of Christmas, so their minds are somewhat on Jesus whose birth it is supposed to be. (Never mind that he wasn't born on December 25th.) But it's a pity that this time is a goldmine for the merchants of the earth who are encouraging in a big way for people to buy, buy, buy. I think it would be much better to think about Jesus and what he means to the human race, and eschew the pagan traditions surrounding Christmas. Can't we give gifts on ANY day? Can't we enjoy beautiful lights all the time and not just on Christmas? We can have parties any time. I guess people love the idea that people are extra nice around Christmas time and there is a sense of camaraderie with others. This should be all year round. The only way we can have love and unity all year is to really get to know Jesus and what he is going to do for the earth and people on it. That is why I started this thread. What do you think? Couldn't we have just as much fun without the pagan trappings surrounding Christmas?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2974

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #2973]

Would someone kindly give your thoughts on the idea of the beauty associated with Christmas all year round?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2975

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #2974]

I guess people haven't given that idea any thought.

This earth and humans living here have been in a beautiful situation since the creation. God gave us a wonderful place to live with everything that we could ever need. He is offering to help us make this planet into the Garden of Eden, as it was supposed to be in the beginning, and fulfill His original purpose. Doesn't this resonate with people? I consider it a privilege.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2976

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #2975]

I can hardly wait for the new system of things, when we can sit beside our pools and sip on Margaritas and watch our children play with the animals, with no one to cause us harm in any way. That's what YHWH wanted for us from the beginning.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2977

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:39 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #2975]

I can hardly wait for the new system of things, when we can sit beside our pools and sip on Margaritas and watch our children play with the animals, with no one to cause us harm in any way. That's what YHWH wanted for us from the beginning.

I don't think swimming pools and Margaritas existed from the beginning.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2978

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:28 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:39 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #2975]

I don't think swimming pools and Margaritas existed from the beginning.
God wants us to be happy and joyful. I'm sure Adam and Eve would've gotten around to enjoying drinks by their pool and watching the kids play.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #2979

Post by kjw47 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #2975]

Isaiah 11 and 35 show its clearly on earth.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2980

Post by onewithhim »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:24 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #2975]

Isaiah 11 and 35 show its clearly on earth.
Thank you, kjw. I believe it is obvious. Some folks just don't want to see it, written in black and white, as it were. Why do people ignore the original purpose of God to make the earth a beautiful home for humans, and to give humans eternal life if they just obey Him? Why would they think that His purpose has changed? Did Adam have that much power over God? YHWH said that whatever He has purposed will come to fruition.

YHWH says: "So my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

He purposed a beautiful earth filled with God-loving people, and this has not changed from what He wanted in the beginning.