Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2981

Post by kjw47 »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:21 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:24 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #2975]

Isaiah 11 and 35 show its clearly on earth.
Thank you, kjw. I believe it is obvious. Some folks just don't want to see it, written in black and white, as it were. Why do people ignore the original purpose of God to make the earth a beautiful home for humans, and to give humans eternal life if they just obey Him? Why would they think that His purpose has changed? Did Adam have that much power over God? YHWH said that whatever He has purposed will come to fruition.

YHWH says: "So my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

He purposed a beautiful earth filled with God-loving people, and this has not changed from what He wanted in the beginning.
Unfortunately they listen to blind guides over Gods word. Most cant even be bothered to learn Gods word yet claim to be followers of Jesus who teaches--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God--He meant it. Every utterance = OT-NT years of study to learn it. One of the biggest problems the blind guides tickle ears with-YOU ARE SAVED, and its not truth yet they believe it and do little to obey Jesus. That is unfortunate because Jesus was clear that to remain in his love one must obey him. To remain his friend one must obey him. John 15:10-14)--All he commanded, there is no pick and choose. 99% of all religions claiming to be christian teach little of what Jesus taught, now how can one obey if they do not know what he taught. All can look at the ones teaching them right now, If they are not teaching ALL that Jesus commanded, he is not with those teachers-RUN FROM THEM. Matt 28:19-20--The ones Jesus is with, teaching, do this without fail.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2982

Post by myth-one.com »

Thank you, kjw. I believe it is obvious. Some folks just don't want to see it, written in black and white, as it were. Why do people ignore the original purpose of God to make the earth a beautiful home for humans, and to give humans eternal life if they just obey Him? Why would they think that His purpose has changed? Did Adam have that much power over God? YHWH said that whatever He has purposed will come to fruition.

YHWH says: "So my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

He purposed a beautiful earth filled with God-loving people, and this has not changed from what He wanted in the beginning.
The earth is about 4.5 billion years old.

But the creation of Adam & Eve can be traced to about 6,000 years ago. After their creation, they were commanded to fill and subdue the earth. But if God created the earth 4.5 billion years ago as a beautiful perfect place for mankind, why did He wait so long to create mankind to fill and subdue the earth?

It seems that one man's short (120 year max) lifetime is a poor design for beings designed to subdue something lasting billions of years.

If the earth needed care 6,000 years ago, why wouldn't it need maintaining from day one? And why wouldn't those caretakers be designed to live a very long time, such as forever?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2983

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:36 pm

But the creation of Adam & Eve can be traced to about 6,000 years ago. After their creation, they were commanded to fill and subdue the earth. But if God created the earth 4.5 billion years ago as a beautiful perfect place for mankind, why did He wait so long to create mankind to fill and subdue the earth?

It seems that one man's short (120 year max) lifetime is a poor design for beings designed to subdue something lasting billions of years.

If the earth needed care 6,000 years ago, why wouldn't it need maintaining from day one? And why wouldn't those caretakers be designed to live a very long time, such as forever?
God's time-frame is quite different than ours. A thousand years is like one day to Jehovah. (2 Peter 3:8) A few billion years seems like nothing to Him.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2984

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:03 pm

God's time-frame is quite different than ours. A thousand years is like one day to Jehovah. (2 Peter 3:8) A few billion years seems like nothing to Him.
Like only counts in horseshoes.

God defined a day exactly as we do today:

Genesis 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Dodge, dodge, dodge, and dodge again.

If God created the earth 4.5 billion years ago as a beautiful perfect place for mankind, as you claim, why did He wait so long to create mankind to fill and subdue that perfect earth?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2985

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:43 pm

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

If God created the earth 4.5 billion years ago as a beautiful perfect place for mankind, as you claim, why did He wait so long to create mankind to fill and subdue that perfect earth?
YOU are dodging. I keep asking you to explain Genesis 2:4 and you keep going back to the 24-hour day nonsense.

"This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time of their being created, in the DAY that Jehovah God made earth and heaven." A 24-hour day??

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2986

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:40 pm

YOU are dodging. I keep asking you to explain Genesis 2:4 and you keep going back to the 24-hour day nonsense.

"This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time of their being created, in the DAY that Jehovah God made earth and heaven." A 24-hour day??
<=====================================================>

I have explained it before. Here's how God put it:

Genesis 2:4 GW
This is the account of heaven and earth when they were created, at the time when the Lord God made earth and heaven.

Genesis 2:4 GNT
And that is how the universe was created. When the Lord God made the universe,

Genesis 2:4 HCSB
These are the records of the heavens and the earth, concerning their creation at the time that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.

Genesis 2:4TLV
These are the genealogical records of the heavens and the earth when they were created, at the time when Adonai Elohim made land and sky.

Genesis 2:4 KJV
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth

"In the day" in Genesis 2:4 KJV obviously refers to "when" the heaven and earth were created, and not that the heavens and earth were created in one day.

<================================================>

And a day is currently about 24 hours in length.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2987

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:44 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:40 pm

<=====================================================>

I have explained it before. Here's how God put it:

Genesis 2:4 GW
This is the account of heaven and earth when they were created, at the time when the Lord God made earth and heaven.

Genesis 2:4 GNT
And that is how the universe was created. When the Lord God made the universe,

Genesis 2:4 HCSB
These are the records of the heavens and the earth, concerning their creation at the time that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.

Genesis 2:4TLV
These are the genealogical records of the heavens and the earth when they were created, at the time when Adonai Elohim made land and sky.

Genesis 2:4 KJV
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth

"In the day" in Genesis 2:4 KJV obviously refers to "when" the heaven and earth were created, and not that the heavens and earth were created in one day.

<================================================>

And a day is currently about 24 hours in length.
The King James Version above shows what I have been talking about. All the other versions are in line with that, calling the "day" "at the time" or "when." The "day" is not 24 hours there, is it? Neither is it in the other example of "day" that you keep posting.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2988

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

These are exciting times. According to Bible chronology and prophecy, we will see the end of this tainted system of things and walk into the new world where Paradise will become a reality.

Wootah
Savant

Post #2989

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:27 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

These are exciting times. According to Bible chronology and prophecy, we will see the end of this tainted system of things and walk into the new world where Paradise will become a reality.
Oh great. When? I have read that the JWs have predicted the end of the world before. Can you tell us about it and what the new prediction is?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2990

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:09 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:27 pm

Oh great. When? I have read that the JWs have predicted the end of the world before. Can you tell us about it and what the new prediction is?
There is no new "prediction." JWs have seen that we cannot know the exact time of the end of the system. But we can know the times that signal the end. Jesus foretold the signs that we would see and know that "he is near at the doors." All the signs are listed in Matthew 24 and Luke 21. When all of them occur together and of major intensity, we know that the time is near. World war started it off in Jesus' prophesy. That would be highly significant, so that's why he mentioned it. Wars were not the ordinary wars that humans experienced before. It would have to be something unprecedented for him to mention. All the other signs are happening now, and are also unprecedented, happening all at the same time. Food shortages, famine, disease, earthquakes in one place after the other....it looks pretty much like what Jesus was talking about.