Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1241

Post by onewithhim »

brunumb wrote: [Replying to post 1237 by onewithhim]
I am of the opinion that God caused animals to eat each other (and man to eat animals) after the Flood to help sate the blood-lust of men after the Fall from perfection and the resulting destruction of a good relationship with Jehovah.
Wow! Believing that God caused animals to eat each other (and man to eat animals) after the Flood to help sate the blood-lust of men doesn't paint him in a very good light. I honestly cannot understand how this bloodthirsty being warrants any amount of respect let alone worship.
I think that God is not the bloodthirsty one. I figure that He knew humans, with their new fallen flesh and minds, would require a different environment. Humans ARE bloodthirsty, in case you haven't noticed. Anyway, I think He took all this into consideration and caused the animals to be able to DEFEND themselves. This was a merciful provision by God.

brunumb
Savant

Post #1242

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to post 1239 by onewithhim]
Humans ARE bloodthirsty, in case you haven't noticed.
NO, they are not. I can't believe you even suggested that. There is no doubt, however, that Yahweh is a bloodthirsty god demanding blood sacrifices and resorting to killing as his first port of call when dealing with human conflict. There is nothing benign or loving in this character as portrayed in the Old Testament. People eventually recognised this and decided to give him a complete makeover by shifting the focus onto a more kind and loving god in the form of the Jesus clone.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1243

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 1240 by brunumb]

Sorry, I believe that a majority of humans are very bloodthirsty. Have you missed the fact that there have been terrible WARS on Earth since shortly after Noah got off the ark? Did you miss all reference to WORLD WARS I and II? Have you somehow managed to avoid the reporting of awful ethnic "cleansings" and other atrocities that have spilled unimaginable amounts of blood? Did the CRUSADES and the INQUISITIONS and the HOLOCAUST escape your attention? Are you aware that there has been a sickening war involving the U.S. going on in the middle east since at least 2001? And that doesn't even begin to touch the surface of the violence that inundates the entire planet.

But that is exactly why Jehovah will get rid of all the bloodthirsty people and bring true peace to the earth, and He gave us the Bible to help us see that all will be well. It is sad that you have such a horrible opinion of Him. Sadly, when Jesus comes back to "strike the nations with a rod of iron," you won't be prepared.

:sadblinky: :yikes:

brunumb
Savant

Post #1244

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to post 1241 by onewithhim]
But that is exactly why Jehovah will get rid of all the bloodthirsty people and bring true peace to the earth, and He gave us the Bible to help us see that all will be well. It is sad that you have such a horrible opinion of Him.
In spite of the graphic picture you created from human violence, the majority of people are not bloodthirsty. it is ad that you view humanity in such a negative way. To me, that is one of the truly negative aspects of religions like Christianity. The world would not have had such a history of violence without them.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

marco
Savant

Post #1245

Post by marco »

onewithhim wrote:

But that is exactly why Jehovah will get rid of all the bloodthirsty people and bring true peace to the earth, and He gave us the Bible to help us see that all will be well. It is sad that you have such a horrible opinion of Him. Sadly, when Jesus comes back to "strike the nations with a rod of iron," you won't be prepared.
One wonders why there is a vast time lapse before Jehovah deals with the debtors. He was quick to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, and one would suppose there are cities today that can equal them in vice.

If one wants to make things clean, one uses a clean cloth; Jehovah, who decreed that infants and animals should all be slain, is not the cleanest of cloths, so why would he want to destroy bloodthirsty people when he has encouraged this? Take the lovely Samuel: "And Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the LORD in Gilgal. 15.32-33"

In past centuries when people were tortured and burned, the inspiration came from reading the Bible. When people have finally overthrown Jehovah and settled down to care one for another without anxieties about other heavenly planets, we shall be the better for it. The bloodshed we see in cities today, accompanied by praise of God, comes from living lives in a past century.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1246

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 1243 by marco]
When people have finally overthrown Jehovah and settled down to care one for another without anxieties about other heavenly planets, we shall be the better for it. The bloodshed we see in cities today, accompanied by praise of God, comes from living lives in a past century.
Jehovah will never be overthrown.

Jesus suffered that same bloodshed 2000 years ago on a cruel cross, "accompanied by praise of God" by his enemies.

The very one who taught his followers to "love your enemies..."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1247

Post by onewithhim »

brunumb wrote: [Replying to post 1241 by onewithhim]
But that is exactly why Jehovah will get rid of all the bloodthirsty people and bring true peace to the earth, and He gave us the Bible to help us see that all will be well. It is sad that you have such a horrible opinion of Him.
In spite of the graphic picture you created from human violence, the majority of people are not bloodthirsty. it is ad that you view humanity in such a negative way. To me, that is one of the truly negative aspects of religions like Christianity. The world would not have had such a history of violence without them.
True, the world would not have had such a history of violence without "Christians" who claim to be followers of Christ but are actually not. The Apostles (and Jesus) prophesied the great apostacy---a falling away of pure worship and the rise of a permeating way of conducting a religion and "worshipping" gods that would lead people away from the Truth (Matthew chapter 13; Acts 20:29,30). We see this today, with religions that act like they are godly, with all manner of fancy and expensive trappings, but they are truly wolves in sheep's clothing. False Christianity has played a BIG part in this. The Bible says that the world empire of false religion---Babylon the Great, the disgusting Harlot---is responsible for "all those who have been slaughtered on the earth." (Revelation 18:24) Christendom (false Christianity) is a very large part of the Harlot. She has drenched the world in blood. She is behind just about every war that has been waged for the last 2,000 years. She has encouraged the destruction of millions upon millions of people. The Crusades, the Inquisitions, the World Wars and everything in between and going on now, owe their existence to the "Christian" Roman [and Orthodox] Church.

Bloodbaths like the world has seen have been instigated and aided by Christendom. Instead of teaching peace and love, Christendom has encouraged hate and death.

:(

I don't view humanity as a whole as evil. I know there are many good people. I want to believe that more will go into the "new" world, Paradise, than won't. We will see. But in the meantime, religions are spiritually enslaving people, to fill their own coffers, and they are the most responsible for the evils in this world, while encouraging violence and more violence.

brunumb
Savant

Post #1248

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to post 1245 by onewithhim]
True, the world would not have had such a history of violence without "Christians" who claim to be followers of Christ but are actually not.
AH! The "No True Christian" card. I haven't seen that played in a while now. Nevertheless, without Christianity there would not have been any of the countless bloodthirsty acts committed in its name. Most religions have been a curse in this world rather than a benign force.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1249

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 1246 by brunumb]

How can you say that, when I just spoke at length about people who have ignored Christianity and have made up a very faux version of what they CALL Christianity? Then they go on to bring degradation onto the very name of God and Christ! This apostate Christendom is not the religion that Jesus Christ taught. So, no, it is not Christianity that has caused such a terrible mess in the world. It is those who PRETEND to be Christians.

marco
Savant

Post #1250

Post by marco »

Checkpoint wrote:
Jehovah will never be overthrown.

Jesus suffered that same bloodshed 2000 years ago on a cruel cross, "accompanied by praise of God" by his enemies.

The very one who taught his followers to "love your enemies..."
In the sense that people will continue to imagine a humanoid celestial omnipotence Jehovah might continue under new names. Allah seems to have all the traits of Jehovah and shares the same mythic history. He is a possible replacement, depending on the outcome of hostilities.

Jesus suffered in the same way that monks suffer by lashing their shoulders. He had no need to provoke people and having decided to do so, was punished. Of course he had the dreamer's idea that somehow his execution was linked to sin and he would somehow "rescue" unborn people by getting nailed to a cross. Today he would be pitied rather than executed, unless he chose to operate in the same part of the world where things have scarcely changed since his days.