Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

Tcg
Savant

Post #891

Post by Tcg »

onewithhim wrote:
This is a forum for discussion, and several can take part. I think you might be wrong in your assessment of God, because you said, didn't you?, that he should commit suicide, or am I wrong?
I was addressing brianbbs67's post and his claim about god. I reached a logical conclusion based on his claim. If you think my conclusion, which is based on his claim, is wrong, then you need to address the flaws in brianbbs67's claim or else explain how my conclusion is logically flawed.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #892

Post by onewithhim »

Tcg wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
This is a forum for discussion, and several can take part. I think you might be wrong in your assessment of God, because you said, didn't you?, that he should commit suicide, or am I wrong?
I was addressing brianbbs67's post and his claim about god. I reached a logical conclusion based on his claim. If you think my conclusion, which is based on his claim, is wrong, then you need to address the flaws in brianbbs67's claim or else explain how my conclusion is logically flawed.
I thought I did in my posts #882 and 885.

Tcg
Savant

Post #893

Post by Tcg »

[quote="onewithhim"

I thought I did in my posts #882 and 885.[/quote]

My response was at post #886. How could your posts prior to that, address my post which followed it?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #894

Post by onewithhim »

Tcg wrote: [quote="onewithhim"

I thought I did in my posts #882 and 885.
My response was at post #886. How could your posts prior to that, address my post which followed it?[/quote]
If you read them you'd see.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #895

Post by brianbbs67 »

Tcg wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
All things come from God.

Will He? Absolutely. The sickness, evil, can not be allowed to spread.
Then he needs to commit suicide to stop the spread of the sickness and evil he created. As long as he refrains from doing so, he is refusing to address the source of the problem. He is that source and it would evil to not destroy it.
"is not one vessel made for honor and another for dishonor" We are put in the world and given a choice between Good and Evil. We can't be actually free unless we have that choice. God wants us to chose good, so we can be forgiven and return to Him.

God will destroy all the evil of this world. He says so many times. When? No one knows, but it is coming.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #896

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote:
Tcg wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
All things come from God.

Will He? Absolutely. The sickness, evil, can not be allowed to spread.
Then he needs to commit suicide to stop the spread of the sickness and evil he created. As long as he refrains from doing so, he is refusing to address the source of the problem. He is that source and it would evil to not destroy it.
"is not one vessel made for honor and another for dishonor" We are put in the world and given a choice between Good and Evil. We can't be actually free unless we have that choice. God wants us to chose good, so we can be forgiven and return to Him.

God will destroy all the evil of this world. He says so many times. When? No one knows, but it is coming.
Excellent insights.

I want to make the point that the end of the wickedness in this world is not the horror that the world associates with Armageddon. It is something to be happy about, and "the end of the world" is really a new beginning. People will have the opportunity to live in peace and true prosperity without someone somewhere making it hard for them to survive. Paradise will cover the planet. Our blessings will be what we can't imagine now.

"Evil men will be done away with, but those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth....The meek will possess the earth, and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." (Psalm 37:9,11)

"Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, nor have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him." (I Corinthians 2:9)

Tcg
Savant

Post #897

Post by Tcg »

onewithhim wrote: If you read them you'd see.
In other words, you are depending on me to support your claim. I'll let you support your claim if you are able. Do I need to repeat my question or will you simply ignore it again?

Tcg
Savant

Post #898

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 894 by brianbbs67]

Your response doesn't address my post nor does it address your claims which I based my response on. Was this intentional or have you lost track of the discussion?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #899

Post by brianbbs67 »

[Replying to post 897 by Tcg]

I am pretty sure I addressed it completely. Which point did I miss? The only one I didn't directly address is your call for God to commit suicide. Reason being, its preposterous. You do realize you are in the Theology department?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #900

Post by JehovahsWitness »

brianbbs67 wrote: [Replying to post 897 by Tcg]

I am pretty sure I addressed it completely. Which point did I miss? The only one I didn't directly address is your call for God to commit suicide. Reason being, its preposterous. You do realize you are in the Theology department?
I don't know who would call for God to commit suicide. The bible says God cannot die, so such a call would be pointless anyway.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8