Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #951

Post by brianbbs67 »

onewithhim wrote:
TSGracchus wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 942 by TSGracchus]
Your regarding the flood in Noah's day as fiction doesn't automatically mean it was and if anything should be learnt from the account surely it is not to dismiss warnings without due consideration, especially if doing so could cost you and your family their lives. Jesus' comparison of the last days of the present system of things to the days of Noah was for this very reason.
My regard doesn't automatically make Noah's flood a fiction. But geology, paleontology, and archaeology do make it a fiction. And unless the Chinese and the Egyptians, (just to mention two civilizations) were using snorkels for a year, history also denies the delusional deluge. And it isn't even an original fiction. It is just a re-boot of an earlier Babylonian account.
Christians have been proclaiming that the end times are upon us for two millenia. As a matter of fact, I read that the rapture is today. It is also next week.
I am satisfied that I will die someday. I think it extremely likely that the human race will become extinct someday.

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." --- Matthew 24:36 NIV

:shock:
Well, there you have it.

I just want to say....Not all scholars and archaeologists discount the Flood account as fiction. Some scientists have offered the accounts of skeletons of humans and animals all piled together in places as if a sudden flood had hit them, and there are bodies of mammoths and other animals that were flash-frozen, with grass still in their mouths, which aligns with the Great Flood story. I prefer to put the account on the back burner and wait for Jehovah's explanation when we get into the new system of things.

I also do not think the human race will become extinct. How could such a marvelous specimen like a human being be a product of mere chance? I don't believe that he was. And if not, then his Creator will not let human die out. This is reasoning in the highest order.

We don't believe in the "rapture" as fundamentalist ecumenical evangelicals present it. That's all a silly fairy tale. The going to heaven of Jesus' co-rulers is real, but not the way they tell it.

You seem to be satisfied that you will die and then that's it---no more you. But thankfully our Creator has given us a real hope that if we die we won't be dead forever. That's what is called the Resurrection (John 5:28).

I am glad to see that you apparently don't believe in the erroneous Trinity doctrine, for you have observed that Jesus did not know things that only his Father knew. Thank you for that.
There is also the confounding layer of sand and silt that is encountered almost everywhere in the world, if you dig deep enough. Along with flood stories in different cultures.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #952

Post by onewithhim »

There is much information available that the majority of people never see. I wouldn't throw out anything the Bible says without further deep research, like you say---we have to dig to find the truth.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #953

Post by onewithhim »

My post above was in response to brianbbs67.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #954

Post by onewithhim »

I didn't want to argue anymore about what the Bible says about the earth being a paradise, which God purposed from the beginning, so I started a thread for only people that liked the idea of living forever in paradise conditions. I am very surprised that no one has posted anything. 45 people, as of today, looked at the OP and then got out of Dodge. Do people really not like the idea of living in paradise? I wonder why this is so. Any further comment?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #955

Post by brianbbs67 »

I think most want paradise to be more than this existence. Surely it must be.

William
Savant

Post #956

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: I didn't want to argue anymore about what the Bible says about the earth being a paradise, which God purposed from the beginning, so I started a thread for only people that liked the idea of living forever in paradise conditions. I am very surprised that no one has posted anything. 45 people, as of today, looked at the OP and then got out of Dodge. Do people really not like the idea of living in paradise? I wonder why this is so. Any further comment?
Well you might want to make it clear that you are not wanting to discuss or argue the idea from a biblical perspective. The OP of the thread gives the reader the impression that you do want biblical perspective.

dio9
Under Probation

Post #957

Post by dio9 »

paradise on earth is only something we can strive for, Like perfection it is always before us elusive never to be grasped, not here now but there to be pursued. In our foul ball world restoration is the way to paradise.

dio9
Under Probation

Post #958

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 955 by William]

living forever in paradise on earth is a Zen Koan to be contemplated in its logical impossibility, begging the question, were we created to live on earth forever or be born live and die like every other living thing?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #959

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote: I think most want paradise to be more than this existence. Surely it must be.
Yes! Absolutely. The good news about the Kingdom of God includes the Biblical facts that this earth will be returned to the state that it was in before the Fall of mankind....what Adam had in the Garden of Eden. He was supposed to extend the Garden over all the earth, "keeping" it and caring for the animals as well. He rebelled and caused havoc to reign, because of his insolence and selfishness. God's plan did not change. He still wants this earth to be Paradise.

The time is near for God to "destroy those who destroy the earth." (Revelation 11:18)

He then will direct us, by Christ and his co-rulers, to restore the earth to its pristine condition, as it was created in the first place. We will then enjoy a peaceful, secure, happy and enjoyable situation here on this beautiful planet, without wars, sickness and death.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #960

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote:
onewithhim wrote: I didn't want to argue anymore about what the Bible says about the earth being a paradise, which God purposed from the beginning, so I started a thread for only people that liked the idea of living forever in paradise conditions. I am very surprised that no one has posted anything. 45 people, as of today, looked at the OP and then got out of Dodge. Do people really not like the idea of living in paradise? I wonder why this is so. Any further comment?
Well you might want to make it clear that you are not wanting to discuss or argue the idea from a biblical perspective. The OP of the thread gives the reader the impression that you do want biblical perspective.
Of course I want to discuss the Biblical perspective. But I don't want to argue about non-Biblical ideas, such as the earth being destroyed by God. If someone wants to know more about His purpose for the earth, I would love to discuss it.