Stem Cell Work

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

jgh7

Stem Cell Work

Post #1

Post by jgh7 »

I know research and work in the field of stem cells is a heated topic. There are numerous ways to get stem cells. Which ones do you consider acceptable or unethical? Do your religious beliefs affect your stance?

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Re: Stem Cell Work

Post #11

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Kenisaw wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 8 by Kenisaw]

Are you talking about Patlet derived growth factor?
I think it is sometimes referred to as PRP.
Yeah that is not the same thing as stem cells.

These are the components of Platlet rich plasma:

platelet-derived growth factor
transforming growth factor beta
fibroblast growth factor
insulin-like growth factor 1
insulin-like growth factor 2
vascular endothelial growth factor
epidermal growth factor
Interleukin 8
keratinocyte growth factor
connective tissue growth factor
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #12

Post by Kenisaw »

DanieltheDragon wrote:
Kenisaw wrote:

Are you talking about Patlet derived growth factor?
I think it is sometimes referred to as PRP.
Yeah that is not the same thing as stem cells.

These are the components of Platlet rich plasma:

platelet-derived growth factor
transforming growth factor beta
fibroblast growth factor
insulin-like growth factor 1
insulin-like growth factor 2
vascular endothelial growth factor
epidermal growth factor
Interleukin 8
keratinocyte growth factor
connective tissue growth factor
No idea. I should have asked the doc for a brochure on it I guess.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #13

[Replying to post 8 by Kenisaw]

I am curious as to what researchers have been curious about stem cells in Platlets when Platlets have no cell nucleus?
Platelets have no cell nucleus: they are fragments of cytoplasm that are derived from the megakaryocytes[2] of the bone marrow, and then enter the circulation
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #14

Post by Kenisaw »

I am curious as to what researchers have been curious about stem cells in Platlets when Platlets have no cell nucleus?
Platelets have no cell nucleus: they are fragments of cytoplasm that are derived from the megakaryocytes[2] of the bone marrow, and then enter the circulation
Dr Robert Morgan, M.D. (314) 748-5800. Give him a call and ask him.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #15

Kenisaw wrote:

No need to bother the good doctor when it is possible you misunderstood him and heard what you wanted to hear. PRP is a promising area of study but it should not be confused with stem cell research.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #16

Post by Kenisaw »

DanieltheDragon wrote:
Kenisaw wrote:

No need to bother the good doctor when it is possible you misunderstood him and heard what you wanted to hear. PRP is a promising area of study but it should not be confused with stem cell research.
No misunderstanding or hearing what I "wanted to hear". I'll leave it in your capable hands to pursue further.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #17

Kenisaw wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:
Kenisaw wrote:

No misunderstanding or hearing what I "wanted to hear". I'll leave it in your capable hands to pursue further.
I don't need to pursue anything further, nor am I going to call your doctor to settle an online debate. You could I don't know present evidence? Perhaps I am not the best at scouring the net for information but there is literally nothing about stem cells from platelets.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #18

Post by Kenisaw »

DanieltheDragon wrote:
Kenisaw wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:
Kenisaw wrote:

I don't need to pursue anything further, nor am I going to call your doctor to settle an online debate. You could I don't know present evidence? Perhaps I am not the best at scouring the net for information but there is literally nothing about stem cells from platelets.
Great.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #19

Kenisaw wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:
Kenisaw wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:
Kenisaw wrote:

Great.
fantastic

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #20

Post by Kenisaw »

DanieltheDragon wrote:
Kenisaw wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:
Kenisaw wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:
Kenisaw wrote:

Great.
fantastic
Wonderful