Donald Trump So Far

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

WinePusher
Scholar

Donald Trump So Far

Post #1

Post by WinePusher »

1) Cabinet appointments have been very encouraging, particularly his EPA nominee who will assuredly gut the agency and his HHS secretary who will dismantle Obamacare.

2) Trump's unwillingness to sever ties with his business is very troubling, as is his decision to engage in blatant nepotism by having his children become so involved in the transition. His desire to retain his executive producer position on the Apprentice is pitiful and abnormal.

3) Carrier deal was stupid. However, Trump's deal with the Japanese firm Softbank to bring in about 50 billion dollars of foreign direct investment seems very promising. Looks like Trump is a semi decent deal maker.

4) Trump's response to the Russian hacking is disingenuous, but I don't care. Russia interfered to screw Clinton and help Trump, and everyone knows this INCLUDING Trump. So for Trump to say otherwise is a lie. But personally speaking, I don't care that Russia interfered since they did us a great public service by exposing the DNC.

5) Recount efforts in Wisconsin were laughable, as is Jill Stein and John Podesta. Efforts to sway members of the electoral college from red states to vote against Trump seem desperate, but understandable. If this ever were to happen and if Trump is denied the presidency because of defiant red state electors then there will surely be another bloody civil war, with gun clinging uneducated red necks being the instigators.

Question: What is your assessment of President Elect Trump so far?

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Re: Donald Trump So Far

Post #11

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

[Replying to WinePusher]

Here is a picture of modern Beijing.

Here is a picture of LA the year I was born.

Here is a picture of LA today.

That ANYONE would advocate "gutting" the EPA is appalling.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.