Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Great Wall of Trump

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01 ... ually.html

So it looks like the Great Wall of Trump might get built except Mexico is likely not going to pay for it. That's right we are :tongue:. Trump aides assure us Mexico will pay for it. Yet that will just be another broken promise. Just billions of more debt to add to the budget with no revenue to pay for it.

Instead of going after the demand for illegal workers we are going to spend billions on a silly wall.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Re: Great Wall of Trump

Post #2

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

DanieltheDragon wrote: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01 ... ually.html

So it looks like the Great Wall of Trump might get built except Mexico is likely not going to pay for it. That's right we are :tongue:. Trump aides assure us Mexico will pay for it. Yet that will just be another broken promise. Just billions of more debt to add to the budget with no revenue to pay for it.

Instead of going after the demand for illegal workers we are going to spend billions on a silly wall.
Who actually pays for the wall is immaterial. As long as Trump tells his followers that Mexico paid for it, they will be satisfied. Trump rode a wave of lies and made up truths into the Oval Office, and there is no reason why he should not placate his supporters by continuing to say what they want to hear. Reality has nothing to do with it.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #3

Post by Elijah John »

Moderator Clarification

What is the actual question for debate?

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator clarifications do not count as a strike against any posters. They serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received and/or are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels a clarification of the rules is required.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #4

Post by Kenisaw »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote:

Who actually pays for the wall is immaterial. As long as Trump tells his followers that Mexico paid for it, they will be satisfied. Trump rode a wave of lies and made up truths into the Oval Office, and there is no reason why he should not placate his supporters by continuing to say what they want to hear. Reality has nothing to do with it.
What politician doesn't ride a wave of lies and made up truths into the Oval Office?

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #5

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 3 by Elijah John]

How much will the Great Wall of trump cost the American tax payer?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 4 by Kenisaw]

[center]
Sometimes, in the short term, the bully gets his way
[/center]

Kenisaw wrote:
What politician doesn't ride a wave of lies and made up truths into the Oval Office?
Two wrongs do not a right make.

The thing about Trump's many many lies, is that they don't seem to matter to his fans. But.. that doesn't mean that the Trump administration wont try to bully Mexico to pay for the wall one way or the other.

After all, there are more ways to skin a CAT.
I know that, being a cat.

In any case, US has more clout that Mexico. I think if there is enough will, the US can crush just about any other country. So, maybe Trump WILL get his wall payed by the Mexicans, after all !!

[center]
When it comes to bully politics, the sword is mightier that the pen.[/center]

:)

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #7

Post by Kenisaw »

Blastcat wrote: [Replying to post 4 by Kenisaw]

[center]
Sometimes, in the short term, the bully gets his way
[/center]

Kenisaw wrote:
Agreed, but that is not the point I was making. The point I was making is that I find it quite silly when people pretend that one politician is so much more horrible and lying and cheating than another. They are all like that.
The thing about Trump's many many lies, is that they don't seem to matter to his fans. But.. that doesn't mean that the Trump administration wont try to bully Mexico to pay for the wall one way or the other.
They aren't going to build a wall. That isn't going to happen.
I will never deny your expertise in all cat matters, oh feline one.
In any case, US has more clout that Mexico. I think if there is enough will, the US can crush just about any other country. So, maybe Trump WILL get his wall payed by the Mexicans, after all !!

[center]
When it comes to bully politics, the sword is mightier that the pen.[/center]

The government would have to buy a hell of a lot of private land in order to build the wall. That's why I don't think it will happen.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 7 by Kenisaw]

[center]We can't trust ANY politicians, so.. how about anarchy?[/center]

Kenisaw wrote:
Agreed, but that is not the point I was making. The point I was making is that I find it quite silly when people pretend that one politician is so much more horrible and lying and cheating than another. They are all like that.
So, lets kill em all.
We can't trust anyone to rule over us.

Chaos is better than representative government, you think?

Kenisaw wrote:
That wonderful confidence sounds utterly delicious.

Kenisaw wrote:
The government would have to buy a hell of a lot of private land in order to build the wall. That's why I don't think it will happen.
You know, come to think of it, I've HEARD of governments appropriating land.
So what, it costs money.

They will get the evil Mexicans to pay for it all..
Do Mexicans have nukes?

Which army is more powerful, do you think, the American army or the Mexican army?

Bullies CAN get their way ( at least temporarily ) by pushing their weight around.
I learned that in grade school.

Didn't you?

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 7 by Kenisaw]
. . . The point I was making is that I find it quite silly when people pretend that one politician is so much more horrible and lying and cheating than another. They are all like that.
No! Trump has gone beyond . . . way, way beyond the pale with his gross disrespect for the sensitivities of MOST Americans -- and the world community. We can only hope his parallels with Hitler moderate. But then, Hitler didn't lie quite so much as you'd think -- he lived up to most of his promises that he wrote about in "Mein Kampf."

Agreed!

I will never deny your expertise in all cat matters, oh feline one.

Agreed!

When it comes to bully politics, the sword is mightier that the pen.
You know, we had the chance to annex ALL of Mexico in 1846 but didn't do it. Tsk, tsk, too bad -- Mexico could have been the 51st state. No great wall, no travel restrictions, no Montezuma's revenge!
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #10

Post by Kenisaw »

Blastcat wrote: [Replying to post 7 by Kenisaw]

[center]We can't trust ANY politicians, so.. how about anarchy?[/center]

Kenisaw wrote:
So, lets kill em all.
We can't trust anyone to rule over us.

Chaos is better than representative government, you think?
A rather bizarre extrapolation, even considering your sometimes humorous posts. :tongue:

No, what we need to do is pressure the media to ask real questions, and keep asking them when they do not get answered. We need a debate organization that is not owned by the political parties. We need inclusion of other parties in debates. We need fiscal transparency in campaign fundraising. I could write a book on this probably, but I think you get my point...

Kenisaw wrote:
That wonderful confidence sounds utterly delicious.
Want to wager some tokens on it? :)

Kenisaw wrote:
You know, come to think of it, I've HEARD of governments appropriating land.
So what, it costs money.
Yeah, and because we have laws for just compensation in this country, it will cost a LOT of money. Way more than anyone will want to spend on it. It ain't gonna happen my feline friend...
They will get the evil Mexicans to pay for it all..
Do Mexicans have nukes?
Sure, how to you think they heat up their leftovers...
Bullies CAN get their way ( at least temporarily ) by pushing their weight around.
I learned that in grade school.

Didn't you?

This isn't school though, is it...