Open-minded research is the only way to go

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

The Transcended Omniverse
Student

Open-minded research is the only way to go

Post #1

Post by The Transcended Omniverse »

Most Christians and other religious believers would say that researching all the claimed evidence with an open mind is of the devil since you are not believing Jesus and God with your heart. But if someone told me that there is a sacred fairy and that it is sinful and evil of me to not believe in such a fairy, then how do you expect me to believe and take this person's word for it?

Even if I felt some sort of sacred divine feeling within myself that this fairy was somehow real, then how can I trust my own feelings? Feelings do not tell you what is true and what is not true. For example, I could feel that I am superman and can jump several feet into the air. But just because I feel that way does not make it true.

Therefore, that leaves me no choice but to look into and research all the claimed evidence out there with an open mind regarding this sacred fairy (or, in this case, God). It is often said by Christianity that we have no excuse for not believing in God. Christianity says that God has closed off every excuse you could have for not believing in him since there is so much evidence out there for his existence.

But then again, other religions would make the same claim as well. There are many other things out there besides religion that also make that same claim as well. But just because people make this claim does not make it true. It does not mean that any of the claimed evidence out there is actual evidence. Yes, I will admit, when you look into the claimed evidence out there, it might really seem authentic.

But just because something sounds plausible or true does not make it so. There are plenty of things in life that sound very plausible and true, but it turns out to be the case that they are not. Everything all seems to add up to the definite conclusion that this said thing is very likely to be true, but that does not make it so because there are many other claims out there in which everything seems to all add up to their claims being true, but these said claims actually not being true and not plausible at all.

My open minded research has left me undecided on the issue of a God and an afterlife. It is not because I am a corrupt sinner with rebellion and satan within my being. Rather, it is because this is my honest open minded conclusion. So if there is a hell and I go to hell for not believing in God, then that would just be plain unfair and cruel because I would be going to hell over a disbelief that I was genuine and honest about. What kind of all loving/all just God would create such hopeless scenarios for me and others where we go to hell over a genuine and honest open minded disbelief?

Since God is also all knowing, then he should of foreseen this hopeless scenario that I would of been in and, therefore, would of created the universe in a different way. He would of created the universe in such a way that I would be convinced he was real through an honest open mind. Since this isn't the case, then that actually leans me a bit towards this God not being real.

There are many other people in this world who are also in hopeless scenarios that would send them to hell such as people in other areas of the world who don't believe in the Christian God or any other religious God/figure. I just don't think an all loving, all just, and all knowing God would create the universe and his human creations in a way like this.

I realize that it was Adam and Eve eating the fruit that brought sin into the world. But God should of kept that fruit safe in some far away area where Adam and Eve could never have gotten to it. After all, I think God would of foreseen that Adam and Even might of rebelled and, therefore, God would of kept that fruit hidden someplace else such as in his heavenly kingdom.
Last edited by The Transcended Omniverse on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Open-minded research is the only way to go

Post #3

Post by ttruscott »

The Transcended Omniverse wrote:

There are many other people in this world who are also in hopeless scenarios that would send them to hell such as people in other areas of the world who don't believe in the Christian God or any other religious God/figure. I just don't think an all loving, all just, and all knowing God would create the universe and his human creations in a way like this.
What kind of situation must have existed then for "an all loving, all just, and all knowing God" to end up with an existence like ours with a hell?

PCE theology supposes a rational situation that proves that our existence on earth and a hell are logical necessities BUT it does so by rejecting the illogical blasphemies of orthodox reality that you seem to think refer to all of Christianity.
I realize that it was Adam and Eve eating the fruit that brought sin into the world.
How could their eating bring evil into the world when the serpent was evil in intent and in action in the garden before they ate? Only if Adam chose to be a sinner after his creation and his being breathed into his earthly body of dust was a birth, a sowing into the world, not his creation, could he have been the first to bring sin into the world.
But God should of kept that fruit safe in some far away area where Adam and Eve could never have gotten to it. After all, I think God would of foreseen that Adam and Even might of rebelled and, therefore, God would of kept that fruit hidden someplace else such as in his heavenly kingdom.
You are right of course. Orthodoxy makes GOD's actions in this scenario to be absurd and non-loving. Only if Adam And Eve were already sinners by the time they were breathed into their new human bodies does it make sense. The problem has always been that Jewish and Christian orthodoxy have always accepted that we are created on earth either at the time of our conception (creationism of the soul) or at birth (traducianism) rather than before the creation of the physical universe for which we all praised GOD when we saw it: Job 38:7 with Rom 1:20 and Matt 13:36-39.

The law is given to convict us of our sinfulness, Romans 3:20... rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin. and was given to Adam and Eve to open their eyes to their sin which they had rejected and so were not ashamed.

Therefore the law not to eat and their eating which opened their eyes to their sinfulness so they could repent and seek their redemption was the greatest blessing a person can ever receive and no misstep by an unloving or uncaring non-god at all.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

The Transcended Omniverse
Student

Re: Open-minded research is the only way to go

Post #4

Post by The Transcended Omniverse »

[Replying to post 3 by ttruscott]

I have honestly and open mindedly judged my way of living and I see nothing sinful or wrong. If you are going to claim that it is sinful and that it is the sinful corrupt nature within me which leads me to this conclusion, then how do you expect me to believe you? How do you expect me to take your word for that? I have already looked into all the claimed evidence for God as well as the claimed evidence that skeptics have. Like I said, my honest open mind has me undecided on the existence of God and the afterlife. Also, please explain to me then how it is that such people in the hopeless scenarios I've described (including my own scenario) are justified in going to hell by an all loving, all just, and all knowing God.