Ark spoil?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Ark spoil?

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

How did Noah keep the food from spoiling? Assuming the animals had to eat they would need copious amounts of vegetables, fruits, and meats. No freezing, refeogeration, and a high moisture content in the air would indicate the food stores would not last a year before spoiling occurred.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Re: Ark spoil?

Post #2

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

[Replying to DanieltheDragon]

Well, Noah would have had to have been a little creative. Like feeding the sloth pigs to the leopards, and the savanna cows to the lions. Never heard of a sloth pig or a savanna cow? Exactly!
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by rikuoamero »

DanieltheDragon wrote: How did Noah keep the food from spoiling? Assuming the animals had to eat they would need copious amounts of vegetables, fruits, and meats. No freezing, refeogeration, and a high moisture content in the air would indicate the food stores would not last a year before spoiling occurred.
Simple. God would have ensured it through his godly magic. After all, the story already has God using godly magic to flood the entire planet, to the tops of the highest mountains and somehow ensuring that a family of 8 humans are able to avoid genetic bottleneck defects, and magically turning some of the previously herbivorous animals into carnivores.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

psychdave
Student

Post #4

Post by psychdave »

Maybe Noah had a fishing rod :D , though not sure that would help feed hungry tigers and lions that had allegedly walked all the way from India and Africa or Wallabies, Koala's and Kangaroo's who had miraculously swum across from Australia....

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #5

Post by OnceConvinced »

We can see that in the many debates we have had on this site, theist members trying to argue how things might be possible by natural means, but all they do is create further impossible scenarios that then have to be justified. I can remember one member pointing out to a theist member here not that long ago something like "Do you really think your explanations through? In an attempt to prove the possibility of one scenario, you create further impossible scenarios. Why do you fail to even consider the flaws in your new explanations you have conjured up?"

Its like with this debate, all we end up is one scenario after the other which seems impossible and needs an explanation for.

Sooner or later you are going to arrive at the only explanation that can be given... magic.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Savant

Post #6

Post by 1213 »

DanieltheDragon wrote: How did Noah keep the food from spoiling? Assuming the animals had to eat they would need copious amounts of vegetables, fruits, and meats. No freezing, refeogeration, and a high moisture content in the air would indicate the food stores would not last a year before spoiling occurred.
How do you know the moisture content of the ark? What exactly it was? How it came?

If the ark was built by the ideas that I have shown in the ark plans, I think there wouldn’t have been any moisture problems, because the structure can be well ventilated.
http://www.kolumbus.fi/r.berg/Noahs_Ark.html

Meat or equivalent: eggs, fish from the sea, fast breeding animals, milk
Vegetables: What animal can’t survive without vegetables?
Fruits: What animal can’t survive without fruits?

Also, it is possible that in the ark there was animals that were not yet fully grown. Even many carnivores drink milk, when they are still puppies. Maybe Noah had 7 really good cows. :)

Willum
Savant

Post #7

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 6 by 1213]

Where did the animal pee go?
Did it collect on the bottom?

With the ambient temperature of the ark being "cool" due to contact with the water outside, and the sweat and respiration of the animals, "damp" would have been a disgusting understatement.

Then, with one window, how did they get enough oxygen? It's either water sound or leaky and well ventilated.

If the pee collected on the bottom, what about the toxic chemicals released as it rotted?

Hmmm, there's a lot more problems for you to read and ignore.

Here's something that will actually help you improve your ark:
Looking at your joints,I see how thin they are - if your joints can be so much thinner than the timber, then you can improve the ark by reducing the diameter of the timber, or by simply using less wood.
That should open up lots of trade-space for improvement!

You're welcome.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #8

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 6 by 1213]

Because they were over a body of water. Unless they were in an arid desert the moisture content wasn't 0. Many animals lack certain enzymes to process certain foods.

Pandas for example can only eat bamboo, koalas can only eat eucalyptus leaves. Not all carnivores can eat fish milk or eggs. Some carnivores only eat fish, some carnivores only eat eggs.

It seems you need to study more about the biology of the animals you intend to keep in this ark to understand your food storage needs that must be preserved for a year or more considering there would be no sustainable food when they land.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Youkilledkenny
Sage

Post #9

Post by Youkilledkenny »

[Replying to post 1 by DanieltheDragon]

It's all magic!
Seriously, if we're going to entertain the outrageous concept of the Noah story with the animals and the boat and the water, asking logical questions like this is utterly pointless.
Besides, when all else fails: "God did it"

tigger2
Sage

Post #10

Post by tigger2 »