Get your news directly from the Donald

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

benchwarmer
Guru

Get your news directly from the Donald

Post #1

Post by benchwarmer »

As an outsider I'm really shaking my head and marveling at the parallel between how Trump is acting and many theists act during our debates here.

1) The Trump administration would like you to ignore actual data (satellite photos, etc) and believe that his inauguration crowds were bigger than Obama's.

2) Mr Trump wants you to believe that voter fraud cost him the popular vote (with no evidence to back up his claim) yet is completely happy to take office based on voter results.

3) The Trump administration would like you to ignore all news outlets and swallow whatever information is presented by his team.

This all sounds disturbingly familiar:

A: Where is your evidence for your claim?

B: I believe it is true, the Bible says it and millions believe it.

A: But where is your evidence?

B: ....

Question for debate: Is the Trump administration acting like like a poor debate opponent by refusing to provide evidence for claims?

Is anyone shocked, or did you pretty much expect this sort of behavior?

I realize most politicians will stretch the truth and try to spin every story their way, but right out of the gate it seems the Donald has the pedal to the floor on tossing out opinions and propaganda with no basis in reality.

Thank goodness I'm Canadian. When do we start our wall?

WinePusher
Scholar

Re: Get your news directly from the Donald

Post #2

Post by WinePusher »

benchwarmer wrote:This all sounds disturbingly familiar:

Please stop repeating this weak, thoroughly rebutted falsehood. Try coming up with a new argument instead that is actually based in reality! Otherwise you're doing exactly what you're accusing Trump of doing, and that is very duplicitous.
benchwarmer wrote:Question for debate: Is the Trump administration acting like like a poor debate opponent by refusing to provide evidence for claims?

Is anyone shocked, or did you pretty much expect this sort of behavior?
Trump is a flaming narcissist. He has displayed a wide range of symptoms indicating that he may suffer from borderline psychopathy. But he is still a better leader than Justin Trudeau.
benchwarmer wrote:Thank goodness I'm Canadian. When do we start our wall?
ASAP! Hopefully it'll keep out all the Canadians trying to escape your junk healthcare system.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #3

Post by Bust Nak »

WinePusher wrote: Please stop repeating this weak, thoroughly rebutted falsehood.
You need to make yourself clear, how is the scenario presented a falsehood? No all theists appeal to popularity, or no theists appeal to popularity? I have to ask because comments along the line of "billions of Christians can't all be wrong" is far from atypical.

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #4

Post by benchwarmer »

WinePusher wrote:
benchwarmer wrote:This all sounds disturbingly familiar:

Please stop repeating this weak, thoroughly rebutted falsehood. Try coming up with a new argument instead that is actually based in reality! Otherwise you're doing exactly what you're accusing Trump of doing, and that is very duplicitous.
You'll note I didn't say ALL theists. Are you trying to tell me you don't see those sorts of arguments being put forth here in other threads? Maybe we don't read or participate in the same discussions. However, you are right, I didn't back up my claim.

Have a peruse through this thread:

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... highlight=

I can provide more, but I think we all know this happens. To be fair I'm sure it happens the other way around (non theists) as well (since I basically did it in my OP). I have now corrected my mistake. Thank you.
WinePusher wrote: Trump is a flaming narcissist. He has displayed a wide range of symptoms indicating that he may suffer from borderline psychopathy. But he is still a better leader than Justin Trudeau.
That's entirely possible, but not my question for debate. Feel free to start another thread on Monsieur Trudeau. I'll probably even agree with you on many points.
WinePusher wrote:
benchwarmer wrote:Thank goodness I'm Canadian. When do we start our wall?
ASAP! Hopefully it'll keep out all the Canadians trying to escape your junk healthcare system.
I know from personal experience it's our junk weather that cause many to escape, but are forced to return to enjoy our healthcare. My own parents do this very thing. We have a term for it: Snow Birds. You can spend up to 6 months out of the country and still be eligible for health care in Canada. They soak up your sun, then return to soak up our benefits.

You should be happy if Canadians are crossing the border to pay for health care in the US. That sounds like increased cash flow to me. Why would you want to stop that? I know our money is funny colors, but your hospitals and doctors don't seem to mind taking it if we choose to spend it there.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

benchwarmer wrote: Question for debate: Is the Trump administration acting like like a poor debate opponent by refusing to provide evidence for claims?
I would go much further and suggest that they are acting like unconscious zombies.
benchwarmer wrote: Is anyone shocked, or did you pretty much expect this sort of behavior?
I'm shocked that this clearly incompetence narcissistic individual was able to become the president of the USA. I'm even more shocked to see the Republican party actually supporting this insanity.

We have a great military to protect us from external threats. But we have nothing to protect us from being taken over from the inside by an extremely dangerous individual. No shots were fired, and Trump managed to take over America. He now runs our great military as the commander-in-chief.

Our current situation in America is like a sci-fi horror movie that has become reality.

As you may have noticed in the news the day after Trump's pathetically sparse inauguration ceremony, millions of Americans came out to show their disgust with this new situation.
benchwarmer wrote: Thank goodness I'm Canadian. When do we start our wall?
You better start building one immediately. You're going to need it because Trump is about to totally destroy the USA and all the people here will be trying to escape to Canada.

So yeah, you guys better either start building a wall, or start building refugee camps to house the millions of homeless Americans who will soon be headed your way.

I would actually suggest the latter as it's more humane. But I seriously suggest you start building those facilities NOW so you'll be prepared.

I dead serious too. The Canadian government truly should consider what might happen when the USA crashes and becomes filled with destitute people who are seeking refuge. May as well prepare for that now, it's coming!

Build the wall or the refugee camps. Make up your mind and do it quick!

We're coming soon!

In fact, I might move up pretty soon, and find a place in norther Canada to get as far away from the USA border as possible. I used to visit northern Canada so I already have some places in mind. :D

Of course, if I do it quickly I can sell my estate here and just move up there and buy a place. No refugee camp required.

But if I put it off too long I won't be able to sell my estate here because it will worthless very shorty.

In fact, last summer a guy from Canada actually came here and was interested in buying my place. He even offered to swap his place in Canada as part of the deal. I never saw his place. It wasn't as big as mine in acreage but he said that it was just as secluded in the a rural mountainous region of Northern Canada.

I should have taken him up on that deal. I had no clue Trump was coming!

This is a nightmare for many Americans to be sure.

It still seems totally surreal to me. I can't believe this is actually happening. This is like living in an episode of The Twilight Zone. I never dreamed things could get this bad.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #6

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 5 by Divine Insight]
I'm even more shocked to see the Republican party actually supporting this insanity
McCain, Graham, and others just put out a letter condemning his most recent executive order. Not all republicans support him or his insanity. Let's also not forget the Democrats and their arrogance at not even attempting to compete in key areas that gave trump his victory. Corporatist dems aren't even bothering to fight Trump cabinet appointments so they are just as complicit.

Like last weeks drug import proposal from Sen. Paul and others key dems flipped on the proposal effectively killing it.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

TheBeardedDude
Scholar

Post #7

Post by TheBeardedDude »

[Replying to post 6 by DanieltheDragon]

Republicans just speaking out against one or two things here and there isn't good enough. Republicans made this man their nominee. Republicans endorsed this monster. Republicans watched and listened to him say he wanted to do things like "ban all muslims from entering the US" and a myriad of other unconstitutional drivel, and they still kept him as their nominee and voted for him. They were complacent because they thought he might win, so they went along with it. But they are not innocent parties in this.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #8

Post by DanieltheDragon »

TheBeardedDude wrote: [Replying to post 6 by DanieltheDragon]

Republicans just speaking out against one or two things here and there isn't good enough. Republicans made this man their nominee. Republicans endorsed this monster. Republicans watched and listened to him say he wanted to do things like "ban all muslims from entering the US" and a myriad of other unconstitutional drivel, and they still kept him as their nominee and voted for him. They were complacent because they thought he might win, so they went along with it. But they are not innocent parties in this.
Not all republicans did support him Lindsey Graham in particular has been vociferously opposed to him. Yes the majority did but to brush in broad strokes undermines any good faith for those that want to oppose him. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by 2Dbunk »

This topic of Trump's Legitimacy is a valid subject (since the Electoral College failed to do what it was designed to guard against). If this doesn't become the death of the USA it certainly is the death of the Republican Party (oh, maybe give it 13 years before it's snuffed out by a concerned allied army). The Man in the Highchair (complete with kicking feet and small hands) is making us the laughing stock of the world. Putin is licking his lips over his cyberspace coup, wondering what his next step will be. Maybe Jesus will come back and save us?
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #10

Post by Divine Insight »

The observations made in the OP were posted on Jan 25th. It's now March 23rd and the observations made in the OP have only gotten far worse!!!

It has become crystal clear by now that Trump is expecting people to accept flat-out lies as though they somehow represent truth. This presidency can't last much longer. It's actually amazing that it's been put up with as long as it has been.

Like 2DBunk pointed out, it was the job of the electoral college to prevent this sort of nonsense. Now it's up to the justice system and courts to keep this president in check, and they are trying very hard to do that, but Trump is dismissing them too as being "fake judges".

The news media is another safeguard but Trump also dismisses the news as "fake news" putting his lies out as the absolute "truth".

The congress is the last hope for America. But being that is has a Republican majority who are unfortunately acting like a bunch of mindless bozos it doesn't appear that they are doing to do much about it either.

This is going to be a real test for American democracy. Will democracy succeed? Or will Trump succeed in destroying America? Only time will tell the full story on this one.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]