What is the true value of 666?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

What is the true value of 666?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Today I noticed that JW has achieved his/her 666th Like in debate. As a Christian (who most of which disdains the number 666 as being the mark of the beast), I wonder how they handle such an achievement?

Of course his/her number of likes will change quickly (if it has not already), but in a more general sense has Christianity and Judaism or Islam come to grips with dealing with that EVIL number. Or is this just another stumbling block for apologists to have to rationalize?
Last edited by 2Dbunk on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

William
Savant

Re: Six Six Six Not exactly new News.

Post #11

Post by William »

[Replying to post 10 by Goat]

Yes. I know it certainly works with the English language and assume if that is the case, it should work with any other...(?)

I was just reading this thread [Link] which is about micro-chipping and arguments against that being the case because DNA eye scanning etc are more viable and less prone to criminal abuse.

I remember first hearing about this 'Mark of the Beast' in the mid 80s and it was easy enough to be convinced of the conspiracy angle but it did get me thinking about things...that without this mark one couldn't be integrated into the societies which used it and could not obtain the basics food clothing shelter or buy and sell things etc - that got me thinking about the current systems and how the same already applied in relation to our signature...in older time the signature was even referred to as a 'mark' "put your mark there" in relationship to contractual agreements. (related to this, how con artist refer to their victims as 'marks'.)

This got me thinking then that despite those in Christendom preaching conspiracy theory and end-time events, we were already operating within the systems described in the interpretations of Revelations to do with the mark of the beast...so while it was spoken of as something coming in the future it was already an aspect of human society and had been for a long time.

I even went so far as to change my signature to 666 without difficulty and even purchased a house with the signature, had it on my licence and used it for signing all sorts of documents.

(Since then I have reverted back to signing my name.)

I saw the significance of 'the right hand' and 'the forehead' as symbolic of action+thought in relation to what we are required to do and how we think of ourselves (self identity) and the signature we use with that.

I would suppose from this that these systems which own humans as commodity and use us as they will - and do so with our permission - are altogether Systems of the Beast and "The Beast" is symbology for that which is captive to the systems controlling it (us as individuals and groups of individuals).