If Merneptah eliminated the Israeli, who are they?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

If Merneptah eliminated the Israeli, who are they?

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Ozymandias, Merneptah it Roman diaspora, it seems the people who became today's Jewish have not only suffered from genocide like attempted by Nazi Germany, but have been successfully been removed from history, like many other peoples have been removed from history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merneptah

Without a written culture, the chance is non-existent that any reasonable amount of truth survived any of these events. Certainly any alleged continuity is impossible.

So given this, what are modern-day Jews? and why is their "newly" started religion given the veneration of a non-extant history?

Why, in short, is it "possible" to trace a lineage back to Adam and Eve, when any such lineage even mythologically, was removed from history on more than one occasion?

Willum
Savant

Re: If Merneptah eliminated the Israeli, who are they?

Post #11

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 10 by William]

Jews get to use Judaism on that forum, it wouldn't do any good. It's be like posting this on "Doctrine and Theology," where the Bible is cannon. The last time I posted there they debated about like you have.

They are of course invited here.

I take it you've got nothing?
Understandable.
There is nothing.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

bluethread
Savant

Post #12

Post by bluethread »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 10 by William]

Jews get to use Judaism on that forum, it wouldn't do any good. It's be like posting this on "Doctrine and Theology," where the Bible is cannon. The last time I posted there they debated about as well as you have.

They are of course invited here.

I take it you've got nothing?
Understandable.
There is nothing.
Yes, there is nothing. Your OP is based on a premise. IF ... The answer is any of a myriad of other alternatives. If you are asserting that the entirety of Yacov's progeny have been killed, that is a rather bold claim and worthy of skepticism. in short, why should the Merneptah Stele be seen as anything other than despotic hyperbole, which was quite common at the time.

Willum
Savant

Post #13

Post by Willum »

[Replying to bluethread]

I know! Those pesky premises!

If history is true, then Judeo-Christianity isn't!

But what you gonna do?

Deny, obfuscate, play "stump the dummy," run away in indignity, anything but concede what one thinks one knows is incorrect.

It was hard for your ancestors to accept the Earth went around the Sun, but they accepted it. Now we have history showing that Exodus never occurred, that people living in Palestine are not contiguous, even allowing for the various captivities.

If history is true, Judeo-Christianity isn't.

Ah, well.