Willum
Savant

Angels in creation

Post #1

Post by Willum »

"Angels don't act like that!" Frank Castle
"I don't know, what do any of us really know about angels?" Steve Rogers

In John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
If we translate word to mean "will," it implies that God employed angels working with his will in the beginning, or during creation.

Debate: Did God use angels directing them with his word in creation, acting "as one" with him?

Also, if not, why are angels needed with an all-powerful god?
and what then could John mean?

Monta
Guru

Re: Angels in creation

Post #41

Post by Monta »

[Replying to amortalman]

".. the Bible does support the view that the creation of angels preceded the creation of man. That aside I don't think there's any support from the Bible account of what happened for believing that the disciples saw anything different from what Elijah and Moses saw."

You do not see that a person who has died is any different from a persone who is still in a natural/earthy body?

polonius
Prodigy

Post #42

Post by polonius »

Willum wrote: "Angels don't act like that!" Frank Castle
"I don't know, what do any of us really know about angels?" Steve Rogers

In John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
If we translate word to mean "will," it implies that God employed angels working with his will in the beginning, or during creation.

Debate: Did God use angels directing them with his word in creation, acting "as one" with him?

Also, if not, why are angels needed with an all-powerful god?
and what then could John mean?
RESPONSE:

Willum posted.
it implies
Your use of the term "implies" suggests that there is no evidence. Just your theory.

Willum
Savant

Post #43

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 42 by polonius.advice]

Well thanks, that comment has, by itself, resolved the OP.

Not so much.

Sorry PA, so much of what is derived from the Bible is from implication and reference and inference, that your comment doesn't say anything.

It's a simple question, Angel assist in Armageddon, they wrestle folks, they carry messages, did they aid in creation?
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #44

Post by amortalman »

Monta wrote: [Replying to amortalman]

".. the Bible does support the view that the creation of angels preceded the creation of man. That aside I don't think there's any support from the Bible account of what happened for believing that the disciples saw anything different from what Elijah and Moses saw."

You do not see that a person who has died is any different from a persone who is still in a natural/earthy body?
Of Course, they're different, but why just assume they become angels especially when there is no biblical evidence for it? In the Protestant faith, for the most part, it is believed that when a person dies "in Christ" (forgiven, saved, redeemed) their soul goes to heaven awaiting the return of Christ to earth at which time their soul is reunited with their indestructible, resurrected bodies. ( I'm just pointing out what I used to believe when I was a Christian, not what I believe now)

Monta
Guru

Post #45

Post by Monta »

[Replying to Willum]

"It's a simple question, Angel assist in Armageddon, they wrestle folks, they carry messages, did they aid in creation?"

Angels did not exist at creation.

Monta
Guru

Post #46

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 44 by amortalman]

"Of Course, they're different, but why just assume they become angels especially when there is no biblical evidence for it? In the Protestant faith, for the most part, it is believed that when a person dies "in Christ" (forgiven, saved, redeemed) their soul goes to heaven awaiting the return of Christ to earth at which time their soul is reunited with their indestructible, resurrected bodies."

Most Christians read for themselves and have their own understanding regardless of what they hear in the Chuch.

If they are not diceased humans, what are they?