What kind of Father demands the blood of His Son?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

What kind of Father demands the blood of His Son?

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Is the God of Jesus a merciful forgiving Father?

Or a bloodthirsty deity who must be appeased by the blood of animals, then later, by the blood of His favorite Son?

I realize these are loaded questions, and that my bias is apparent.

But which is it, merciful Father or Judge who demands blood?*

Which kind of God did Jesus himself teach? (not Paul, but Jesus)

What kind of Father demands the blood of his favorite Son in order to be able to forgive his other children?

--------------------

(note.. this thread is about forgiveness and atonement, not about the wars of YHVH's people etc.)

*if you answer "both" then please demonstrate how the two notions are compatible.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Re: What kind of Father demands the blood of His Son?

Post #111

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 107 by Claire Evans]

[center]A challenge[/center]

Claire Evans wrote:
I have facts to what I say.
That's really great.
You might consider sharing.

You are now being challenged to back up your assertion with some of those FACTS, Claire.

:)

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #112

Post by Claire Evans »

Justin108 wrote:
Claire Evans wrote: He'a a pagan god completely separated from the Father and Yahweh.
How do you know Yahweh isn't the pagan god and Allah the true god?
Claire Evans wrote:
We can also speculate and say maybe Satan created Christianity to counter Judaism.
Satan, being the god of this world, would not inspire the elite of this world to now try and stamp it out. In Judaism and sometimes Christianity, Satan is depicted as just an agent of God to test people during time's of adversity. He is not deemed a powerful entity. Now if you were going to war, wouldn't you prefer to think that others believed you weren't powerful enough when you actually are. You can then ambush and take people by surprise. So exposing Satan's power is not fortuitous for him. Now Islam is a perfect way to counter Christianity. You don't get Christians beheading Muslims.
Justin108 wrote:How is this a response to me stating that we can speculate that maybe Satan created Christianity to counter Judaism? Is it possible that Satan created Christianity to counter Judaism? Yes or no?

As I said, why would the devil-worshiping elite of this world try and stamp out Christianity now? And what about back then when Christianity was in its infancy?

What would it be about Christianity that would make Satan think it would be fortuitous to lead away from Judaism? Judaism involves black magic like the Kabbalah. In fact, Baphomet is also known as the Sabbatic goat:

The Anti-Christ is meant to be a Jew himself. So, no, I don't see how it is possible that Satan would use Christianity to counter Judaism.
Claire Evans wrote:You don't get Christians beheading Muslims.
Justin108 wrote:Ever heard of the Crusades?
The Satanic Knights Templar, also Baphomet worshipers, trace their origin to the Crusades. The Crusades started with the Pope and the Vatican is Satanic:

The Crusades started in 1095 when Pope Claremont preached the First Crusade at the Council of Claremont. The Pope's preaching led to thousands immediately affixing the cross to their garments - the name Crusade given to the Holy Wars came from old French word 'crois' meaning 'cross'.

http://www.lordsandladies.org/the-crusades.htm

Therefore we have Satanists posing as Christians to fulfill their agenda.

Are the extreme Islamists Satanists pretending to be Muslim? Or do they really believe that Christians, as infidels, ought to be slaughtered? What do the scriptures and Quran say?[/img]

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #113

Post by Claire Evans »

Elijah John wrote:
Blastcat wrote: [Replying to post 101 by Claire Evans]

[center]
In this corner, we have ALLAH.. and in the other corner, God[/center]

Claire Evans wrote:
He'a a pagan god completely separated from the Father and Yahweh.
It's not a pagan god to them.
To them, yours is.

Thems are fightin' words, right?

Ding Ding.
Go fight.

No need to fight. ;) From the Islamic perspective, it is the same God, the God of Abraham is not a "Pagan" God. Allah and YHVH are two designations for the same God of Abraham.

Jews, Christians and Muslims are all "People of the Book".

In Islam ,paganism is equated with polytheism. Fellow monotheists are not considered "pagan".
Yahweh and Allah were two of many gods. Allah is a moon god, how can Yahweh be as well?

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-allah-p ... origin.htm

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #114

Post by Claire Evans »

Blastcat wrote: [Replying to post 107 by Claire Evans]

[center]A challenge[/center]

Claire Evans wrote:
I have facts to what I say.

That's really great.
You might consider sharing.

You are now being challenged to back up your assertion with some of those FACTS, Claire.

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph ... ient-truth

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #115

Post by Justin108 »

Claire Evans wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Claire Evans wrote: He'a a pagan god completely separated from the Father and Yahweh.
Claire Evans wrote:
We can also speculate and say maybe Satan created Christianity to counter Judaism.
Satan, being the god of this world, would not inspire the elite of this world to now try and stamp it out. In Judaism and sometimes Christianity, Satan is depicted as just an agent of God to test people during time's of adversity. He is not deemed a powerful entity. Now if you were going to war, wouldn't you prefer to think that others believed you weren't powerful enough when you actually are. You can then ambush and take people by surprise. So exposing Satan's power is not fortuitous for him. Now Islam is a perfect way to counter Christianity. You don't get Christians beheading Muslims.
Justin108 wrote:How is this a response to me stating that we can speculate that maybe Satan created Christianity to counter Judaism? Is it possible that Satan created Christianity to counter Judaism? Yes or no?

As I said, why would the devil-worshiping elite of this world try and stamp out Christianity now? And what about back then when Christianity was in its infancy?

What would it be about Christianity that would make Satan think it would be fortuitous to lead away from Judaism? Judaism involves black magic like the Kabbalah. In fact, Baphomet is also known as the Sabbatic goat:

The Anti-Christ is meant to be a Jew himself. So, no, I don't see how it is possible that Satan would use Christianity to counter Judaism.
The Satanic Knights Templar, also Baphomet worshipers, trace their origin to the Crusades. The Crusades started with the Pope and the Vatican is Satanic:

The Crusades started in 1095 when Pope Claremont preached the First Crusade at the Council of Claremont. The Pope's preaching led to thousands immediately affixing the cross to their garments - the name Crusade given to the Holy Wars came from old French word 'crois' meaning 'cross'.

Are the extreme Islamists Satanists pretending to be Muslim? Or do they really believe that Christians, as infidels, ought to be slaughtered? What do the scriptures and Quran say?
So the short version of all this rambling is that everyone is a Satan worshiper, the moon landing was fake and Bush did 911, because #Illuminati

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #116

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 113 by Claire Evans]

[center]The challenge still stands, Claire[/center]
I wasn't challenging whatever is in that web page Claire, I was challenging YOU to back up your assertion with some facts.

Can you list the FACTS in that web page?
Or is this your attempt at sending an inconvenient person away?

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #117

Post by OnceConvinced »

Moderator Comment

Please review the Rules.

Simply posting a link to another website is not debate. Arguments should be given on this site and links used as support.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #118

Post by McCulloch »

Claire Evans wrote: We have Satanists posing as Christians to fulfill their agenda.
Have you ever heard of the No True Scotsman fallacy?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Claire Evans
Guru

Post #119

Post by Claire Evans »

Justin108 wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Claire Evans wrote:

Are the extreme Islamists Satanists pretending to be Muslim? Or do they really believe that Christians, as infidels, ought to be slaughtered? What do the scriptures and Quran say?
So the short version of all this rambling is that everyone is a Satan worshiper, the moon landing was fake and Bush did 911, because #Illuminati
Do I know everyone to call them a Satanist? Satanism is very pervasive. And don't give me the straw man argument re the moon landing and 9-11. I never made those claims.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #120

Post by Elijah John »

Claire Evans wrote: Do I know everyone to call them a Satanist? Satanism is very pervasive. And don't give me the straw man argument re the moon landing and 9-11. I never made those claims.
Just how pervasive, Clarie, do you suppose that Satanism actually is?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.