Why doesn't God care if I go to hell?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

The Transcended Omniverse
Student

Why doesn't God care if I go to hell?

Post #1

Post by The Transcended Omniverse »

My previous topics were just way too long for anyone to bother reading and replying to. Therefore, I will make this topic which summarizes my point I wish to discuss. I am not lying when I said that I have looked into everything I possibly could with an honest open mind and heart. I am still undecided on the existence of God and the afterlife. So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart? It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: Why doesn't God care if I go to hell?

Post #2

Post by Zzyzx »

[Replying to post 1 by The Transcended Omniverse]

It appears as though your response from 'God' is the same as the response everyone else receives -- nothing at all -- as though there were no 'gods' listening or responding.

Of course, some people (ancient or modern) claim to hear from God (in their head) or to 'receive guidance' (make a decision with claimed 'supernatural' assistance). However, there is no assurance such things are anything more than imagination at work -- and all require 'take his word for it'.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Willum
Savant

Post #3

Post by Willum »

It sounds like you are ready to leave the nest and fly free.
It's a little scary, I'll warrant.
If there is a God, but uncaring, or isn't one at all, have you decided what it means to you?

It means you are free to set your own destiny. You can decide what is right and wrong.
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
- Marcus Aurelius
Lead a good life, carpe diem.
We are here to help.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ttruscott »

The Transcended Omniverse wrote: My previous topics were just way too long for anyone to bother reading and replying to. Therefore, I will make this topic which summarizes my point I wish to discuss. I am not lying when I said that I have looked into everything I possibly could with an honest open mind and heart. I am still undecided on the existence of God and the afterlife. So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart? It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.
imCo
Your open and honest searching ends with a denigration of HIS loving kindness? If you accept GOD as GOD as Christians accept HIM then you will not, cannot ever claim HE doesn't care. That is, you seek only the Christian GOD as there is no other GOD at all...there is no evil god. The Christian attitude is if HE is not yet found, the fault is with ourself, not with HIM, because the GOD we are seeking is a caring GOD - we have to put aside the false god who does not care about our fate and seek the real GOD who does care and is worth searching for for a lifetime, struggling to conform to be a person he will reveal HIMself to.

At least I think so...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

MuffMaYne
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by MuffMaYne »

If I were you, id take another honest look at not what God isn't doing but at myself. You dont seem to honestly want anything, I can see from your questions and phrasing what this really is, so I'd take an honest look inward first before starting to project outward.

Savant

Post #6

Post by 1213 »

The Transcended Omniverse wrote: ...So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart?
God reveals Himself through the Bible. If you want to know God, read the Bible.
The Transcended Omniverse wrote:It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.
According to the Bible, eternal life or hell depends on are you righteous or not.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Mat. 25:46

And the judgment is in this:

This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn't come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God."

John 3:19-21

It is not really about do you believe the existence of God. Even demons believe that and it doesn’t seem to be helpful.

You believe that God is one. You do well. The demons also believe, and shudder.
James 2:19

Righteousness is more than believing in God’s existence, it is like right understanding and attitude that makes person do right actions.

So, don’t worry, you are not going into hell because of your possible lack of believe that God exists. If you go to hell, it is because of your unrighteousness. :)

TheBeardedDude
Scholar

Post #7

Post by TheBeardedDude »

[Replying to post 6 by 1213]

"God reveals Himself through the Bible. If you want to know God, read the Bible. "

So god wrote the bible, not man?

The Transcended Omniverse
Student

Post #8

Post by The Transcended Omniverse »

ttruscott wrote:
The Transcended Omniverse wrote: My previous topics were just way too long for anyone to bother reading and replying to. Therefore, I will make this topic which summarizes my point I wish to discuss. I am not lying when I said that I have looked into everything I possibly could with an honest open mind and heart. I am still undecided on the existence of God and the afterlife. So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart? It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.
imCo
Your open and honest searching ends with a denigration of HIS loving kindness? If you accept GOD as GOD as Christians accept HIM then you will not, cannot ever claim HE doesn't care. That is, you seek only the Christian GOD as there is no other GOD at all...there is no evil god. The Christian attitude is if HE is not yet found, the fault is with ourself, not with HIM, because the GOD we are seeking is a caring GOD - we have to put aside the false god who does not care about our fate and seek the real GOD who does care and is worth searching for for a lifetime, struggling to conform to be a person he will reveal HIMself to.

At least I think so...
I am also open minded to the possibility of an evil cruel God which is the reason for my statement regarding the possibility of God being evil in my opening post. I have researched all I possibly could and I am not going to waste my entire life searching for something that might not even be true in the first place. Everyone has different hobbies and careers they wish to pursue.

I wish to pursue composing. I do not wish to research my whole entire life. If there is a God, then I think he should understand that. Lastly, why must I seek him? If he is so loving and caring, why doesn't he seek me out and reveal his truth to me in such a way that I would undoubtedly be convinced of his existence? If he is all loving and all caring, then he should be frantic to save me right now rather than just sitting there. Imagine there is a child and a parent.

This child would go to a horrible place if he/she is not saved by the parent. Imagine how unloving and uncaring such a parent would be if he/she just sat there expecting the child to come to the parent rather than the parent being frantic to save the child.

Especially if the child is unaware of his/her predicament and is unaware of the fact that he/she needs to be saved by the parent. Even if this parent made a loving sacrifice for this child in the past, that love would now turn to cruelty and apathy as that parent now gazes upon his/her hopeless child who is ignorant of the hell that he/she is going to face all thanks to the unloving and uncaring nature of this parent.
If I were you, id take another honest look at not what God isn't doing but at myself. You dont seem to honestly want anything, I can see from your questions and phrasing what this really is, so I'd take an honest look inward first before starting to project outward.
As I said before, I have done all I could. Therefore, it really is God's fault if he exists. I have honestly and open mindedly researched all I could and I still don't believe. My lack of belief is an honest genuine position.
I have said that I already looked into everything I could. That would even include reading the bible.
So, don’t worry, you are not going into hell because of your possible lack of believe that God exists. If you go to hell, it is because of your unrighteousness.
Then I think I am righteous. I don't harm anybody, I am not cruel to anybody, and I respect others.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #9

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 6 by 1213]
Question, 1213. Do I have to believe the Bible? Or can one read it, put it down and believe that the Bible doesn't actually have anything to do with God, if God really does exist?
It is not really about do you believe the existence of God. Even demons believe that and it doesn’t seem to be helpful.
Paul has some nasty things to say about atheists...
Righteousness is more than believing in God’s existence, it is like right understanding and attitude that makes person do right actions.
Can one have 'right understanding' while not believing God exists?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #10

Post by JehovahsWitness »

The Transcended Omniverse wrote: So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart? It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.

My understanding is God will always reveal himself to those that honestly love truth and seek to know Him. In light of the above, two possible answers to your question are
a) He will in due time

b) He won't because He doesn't see what he is looking for in you, for example a humble, honest heart willing to be molded by him.
If it's (a) Don't give up, keep looking... don't be lazy, read, search pray.

If it's (b) Change your outlook and your attitude. Pray.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESS

Search More: Who is God?
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/bibl ... ho-is-god/

VIDEO I gave up on religion

[youtube][/youtube]
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8