Blank Post

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

wiploc
Guru

Blank Post

Post #1

Post by wiploc »

In the Head to Head forum, in the new Modal Ontological Debate (FtK vs wiploc), I made a post, the second post in the thread.

It is blank. The text doesn't show up.

I tried a click-and-drag, but it didn't help. I therefore conclude that the problem is not that the text is the same color as the background.

When I click the edit button, the text is still there. But when I go back to the thread, the text is still not there.

Here is the text of the post:
The Peanut Gallery is here:
viewtopic.php?p=855969#855969

The peanut gallery is also known as the Shadow Thread. Until the debate is over, For_the_Kingdom and I won't be posting there. But people reading this debate can leave comments there discussing it.

So, go there to eat your popcorn, throw spitballs and plaudits, commune with the rest of the audience, and generally enjoy the debate.

New topic, sort of: I reported this issue by clicking on the Report button on the first post of the thread. Was that inappropriate?

Edited to add: This post is blank too.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

I fixed the posts.

The problem was that your closing [ url ] was on a separate line and got it confused.

For urls, there's no need to use a tag for it. Just post the link on a line by itself and it'll automatically convert it to be clickable.

For example:
viewtopic.php?p=855937#855937

wiploc
Guru

Post #3

Post by wiploc »

Thank you so much!