Damned and going to Hell

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

keepingthefaith

Damned and going to Hell

Post #1

Post by keepingthefaith »

I believe in the moral authority of Jesus (loving others as he has loved us) but I do not believe in supernatural events such as being raised from the dead. I am told by fundamentalist Christians that if I do not believe Jesus was literally raised from the dead, then I am not a Christian and if I am not a Christian then I am damned and going to Hell. I see no verses in the Bible requiring me to believe in virgin child birth in order to have access to The Kingdom of God. If you can show me the verses, I would like to hear from you. Please keep in mind; I am NOT in any way rejecting Jesus. I am only rejecting the claim that Jesus was literally raised from the dead.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Damned and going to Hell

Post #3

Post by ttruscott »

keepingthefaith wrote: I believe in the moral authority of Jesus (loving others as he has loved us) but I do not believe in supernatural events such as being raised from the dead. I am told by fundamentalist Christians that if I do not believe Jesus was literally raised from the dead, then I am not a Christian and if I am not a Christian then I am damned and going to Hell. I see no verses in the Bible requiring me to believe in virgin child birth in order to have access to The Kingdom of God. If you can show me the verses, I would like to hear from you. Please keep in mind; I am NOT in any way rejecting Jesus. I am only rejecting the claim that Jesus was literally raised from the dead.
1 Corinthians 15:14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. Your rejection of the resurrection seems to obliterate your non-rejection of Jesus...no?
I see no verses in the Bible requiring me to believe in virgin child birth in order to have access to The Kingdom of God.
You are right on this one...it is not a matter of saving faith in the least...not like the resurrection. Rom 8:23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.[ie, our resurrection] 24 For in this hope [of the resurrection] we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see?
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by McCulloch »

Do you believe in the moral authority of Jesus?

Jesus said that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery. I disagree with Jesus on this moral teaching.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #5

Post by JP Cusick »

keepingthefaith wrote: I believe in the moral authority of Jesus (loving others as he has loved us) but I do not believe in supernatural events such as being raised from the dead. I am told by fundamentalist Christians that if I do not believe Jesus was literally raised from the dead, then I am not a Christian and if I am not a Christian then I am damned and going to Hell. I see no verses in the Bible requiring me to believe in virgin child birth in order to have access to The Kingdom of God. If you can show me the verses, I would like to hear from you. Please keep in mind; I am NOT in any way rejecting Jesus. I am only rejecting the claim that Jesus was literally raised from the dead.
What I find in the Bible is that when the Roman guard stuck the spear into the side of Jesus then out flowed blood and water, and as such the water was draining the fluid off the lungs and heart of Jesus and as such the spear saved His life. See John 19:33-35

So it was a resuscitation which is the same thing as a resurrection in the view of the 1st century.

After that it took 3 days laying in the tomb before Jesus was able to get up, and then doubting Thomas saw the real physical holes in the hands and the side of Jesus, John 20:27, so Jesus was not healed and He was still dying.

Then 40 days later Jesus died from the wounds, Acts 1:2-3, and yes I know it goes on to say that they watched Jesus ascending into heaven on the clouds, but that is just a fancy way of saying that He died. Preachers today still say such fancy things at funerals.

Also the virgin birth is not to be taken literally, and after Jesus His mother Mary went on to have at least two more sons and at least two daughters, see Mark 6:3

Plus Jesus paid the penalty in full for all of humanity so there is no such place as Hell, and every person gets saved as not even one lost sinner or sheep gets left out.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian: