Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Bill O'Reilly Fired!

Post #1

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

Bill O'Reilly out at Fox News after sexual harassment allegations

Longtime Fox News host Bill O’Reilly will not return to the network in the wake of renewed scrutiny over allegations of sexual harassment, 21st Century Fox said Wednesday.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,� the Fox News parent company said in a statement.

The announcement comes after weeks of renewed scrutiny over O’Reilly’s behavior toward women at Fox News. O’Reilly and Fox reportedly settled several multi-million-dollar lawsuits with women who accused the host of sexual harassment.

O’Reilly last appeared on air on April 11 before taking what he said was a pre-planned vacation. New York magazine reported earlier Wednesday that the Murdoch family, which controls 21st Century Fox, had decided to cut ties with the host.

© 2017 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-oreill ... legations/

Keith Olbermann continuously portrayed O'Reilly as the "Worse person in the world." Personally I think there are many much worse than O'Reilly.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Veteran newsman Ted Koppel told Fox News host Sean Hannity that he is "bad for America" in an interview that aired on CBS' Sunday Morning that quickly became a trending topic on social media Sunday. (3/27/17)

Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

bluethread
Savant

Re: Bill O'Reilly Fired!

Post #2

Post by bluethread »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Veteran newsman Ted Koppel told Fox News host Sean Hannity that he is "bad for America" in an interview that aired on CBS' Sunday Morning that quickly became a trending topic on social media Sunday. (3/27/17)

Ted Koppel said it? Well that settles it. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! On to the next "enemy of the state". No need for a trial. How can a free society continue to exist as long people are permitted to freely express their opinions?
Last edited by bluethread on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #3

bluethread wrote:

Ted Koppel said it? Well that settlers it. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! On to the next "enemy of the state". No need for a trial. How can a free society continue to exist as long people are permitted to freely express their opinions?
Especially when those opinions are grounded in well considered facts. Fortunately Fox News is there working tirelessly to spin and distort.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

bluethread
Savant

Post #4

Post by bluethread »

Especially when those opinions are grounded in well considered facts. Fortunately Fox News is there working tirelessly to spin and distort.
Quite frankly, I don't care. Though I find MSNBC to be a propaganda machine, I in no way want anyone there taken off of the air. If MSNBC or FOX find these actions to be good business practice, that is fine. However, as a matter of social policy(politics), I believe the solution to "fake news" is more news, not less news. Just as Olbermann has found an outlet for his silly rants, I hope that O'Reilly is able to do the same.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #5

bluethread wrote:
Quite frankly, I don't care. Though I find MSNBC to be a propaganda machine, I in no way want anyone there taken off of the air. If MSNBC or FOX find these actions to be good business practice, that is fine. However, as a matter of social policy(politics), I believe the solution to "fake news" is more news, not less news. Just as Olbermann has found an outlet for his silly rants, I hope that O'Reilly is able to do the same.
Yes, MSNBC is a blatant left wing propaganda machine. A trick they learned from that blatant right wing propaganda machine, Fox News. The difference is that, although they are unabashed about expounding on a left wing agenda, MSNBC works diligently to ensure that the information they are putting out is based on solid fact. Because liberals DEMAND truth and accuracy in their facts. Liberals despise make believe. Fox News learned years ago that conservatives care very little for facts. Largely this is because a majority of conservatives live in a make believe world already, and facts only upset them. Conservatives want to be told the things that they prefer to believe. A lesson that has been taken to heart by Republican candidates, and worked to perfection by Donald Trump. Lies can get you elected just so long as they are the lies your base wants to hear.

bluethread
Savant

Post #6

Post by bluethread »

Because liberals DEMAND truth and accuracy in their facts.
Yah, enjoy your Kool-Aid. I'm not going to get drawn into a comparison of the pros and cons of MSNBC and FOX. All I am saying is that even Alinsky anarchists and conspiracy theorists should have access to the market place of ideas. I believe light is one of the best disinfectants.

On second thought, if you mean classic liberal(libertarian), I think you have a point. However, if you are referring to Progressives, enjoy the Kool-Aid.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #7

bluethread wrote:
Yah, enjoy your Kool-Aid. I'm not going to get drawn into a comparison of the pros and cons of MSNBC and FOX. All I am saying is that even Alinsky anarchists and conspiracy theorists should have access to the market place of ideas. I believe light is one of the best disinfectants.

On second thought, if you mean classic liberal(libertarian), I think you have a point. However, if you are referring to Progressives, enjoy the Kool-Aid.
I am not the only one who has noticed that Donald Trump is "divorced from reality."

2/6/17
'Divorced from reality': CBS anchor slams Trump after wild day of inaccurate comments

CBS News anchor Scott Pelley threw shade at President Donald Trump on Monday night, following a day of head-scratching comments from the president and his team.

"It has been a busy day for presidential statements divorced from reality," Pelley said on Monday's edition of "CBS Evening News."

Pelley pointed to multiple factually suspect claims from earlier in the day.

First on his list was Trump's stunning claim, made in a speech to military leaders in Florida, that media outlets had deliberately not reported incidents of terrorism.

"They have their reasons and you understand that," Trump said.

The White House spokesman, Sean Spicer, initially declined to provide specifics, telling reporters, "There's a lot of instances that have occurred where I don't think that they've gotten the coverage it deserved."

By Monday night, the White House had released a list of 78 incidents it said "did not receive adequate attention from Western media sources." The list, however, featured several high-profile, widely covered incidents, including the terrorist attacks in Paris; Orlando, Florida; and San Bernardino, California.

Earlier in the day, Trump vented about his approval rating, which according to multiple polls is the lowest ever for a new president.

"Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election," Trump said on Twitter. "Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting."

Pelley connected the comments to equally unfounded claims Trump made last week, including his insistence that as many as 5 million of the votes from November's election were cast illegally. Trump has maintained the supposed illegal votes are responsible for his popular-vote loss to Hillary Clinton, though there is no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the US.

"The president's fictitious claims, whether imaginary or fabricated, are now worrying even his backers," Pelley said. "There's not one state election official, Democrat or Republican, who supports that claim."
http://www.businessinsider.com/cbs-scot ... ity-2017-2

This is the one instance in which billionair child of privilege Donald Trump is actually one with the people who elected him. Trump is the public face of that segment of the American population that is totally divorced from reality. As dangerous as it is having an individual who is divorced from reality being the leader of the free world, the silver lining may turn out to be that it shines a very bright spotlight on the problems that being divorced from reality present in the modern world, giving us all a lesson in why our leaders need to be grounded in reality, and have an actual grasp on the facts. This could be a distinct learning prospect for many Americans. Hopefully we will survive the next four years and benefit from the experience.

bluethread
Savant

Post #8

Post by bluethread »

bluethread wrote:

I am not the only one who has noticed that Donald Trump is "divorced from reality."
I didn't say anything about Trump. I used the term "fake news" in the general sense. Do you realize that it was Hillary that first used the term to refer to FOX?

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #9

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 2 by bluethread]

I come at this from a different angle. Conservatives shouldn't have morally bankrupt individuals as representatives of our political perspective. People like Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly needed to go. I am hoping this move will free up the spot light for folks like Shep Smith an objective and principled commentator. The atmosphere of sexual harassment and the mistreatment of women has clearly pushed away folks like Megyn Kelly and Greta Van Sustren.

Bill like it or not is the liberal stereotype of conservatives. It's time for a new generation of conservatives to step up and let the bygon era of mysogny and aware/unaware racists go to the pasture.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

bluethread
Savant

Post #10

Post by bluethread »

DanieltheDragon wrote:
Bill like it or not is the liberal stereotype of conservatives. It's time for a new generation of conservatives to step up and let the bygon era of mysogny and aware/unaware racists go to the pasture.
So, did you support the impeachment of Bill Clinton for lying about his misogyny? More important, do you still think that the press should stop using him as an elder statesman for that reason?