Boycot the Christianity and Apologetics forum?

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Boycot the Christianity and Apologetics forum?

Post #1

Post by ttruscott »

Since the premise of all responses in the Christianity and Apologetics forum is empirical data offered as proof even if the RULE is 5. Support your assertions/arguments with EVIDENCE. Do not persist in making a claim without supporting it. All unsupported claims can be challenged for supporting evidence. and

Since Christians are to live by faith, an unproven hope, (not by sight) then

it seems that no Christian answer can be acceptable and must break the social morés of the forum.

While it is stated that evidence only is necessary, the rule of the forum seems to be often co-opted to accept only proof as reliable evidence. No proof = no evidence for many secularists even if this is a logical fallacy called the black swan. I also see far fewer non-theists venturing into the Theology forum outside the security of the Apologetics forum.

My other issue with this forum is that the non-theists are creating inflammatory topics but by adding in a question, even one asking for a person opinion and not a question for debate, it is accepted. WE are not called to answer every derogatory remark about our GOD or religion: Proverbs 26:4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. so topics which have no substance for belief but are mere japes can be ingnored.

IF we boycotted this forum and forced the secular materialists to engage only in the Theology forum, then they would have to 'debate' our Christian logic only and not every scurrilous accusation they can think of to denigrate us or our Religion. Since I think a lot of our orthodoxy is not logical, and I see that the secularists are very adept at noticing our logical lapses, I think they would push our boundaries much further than harassing commentaries about the psychopathy of GOD stated as fact and not opinion, sigh.

Why we must answer questions about the flood in Apologetics and not Theology? WE know their pov is wrong so why not stand up for our pov? I bet far far fewer believers would feel so beat up and quit... It is not Scripture that we must battle under their rules but as Christians:
Ephesians 6:10-18
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

This advice is much more suited for the Theology forum than the secularist haven Apologetics because to stand like this in Apologetics will get you banned and silenced.

So that is what I am thinking....they outnumber us what, 10 to 1 so we need to use this place to our every advantage. What do you think?

puddleglum
Sage

Post #11

Post by puddleglum »

You need to remember that when you are debating someone there are other people reading what you write. Even is you lose the debate it is possible that your words have had a good effect on someone else. If all of us boycott the forum a lot of people will be exposed just to false beliefs with no idea that those beliefs can be refuted. In the end God will judge us by how faithfully we obeyed him, not by how many people we convinced of the truth.
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

Overcomer
Guru

Post #12

Post by Overcomer »

puddleglum wrote:
You need to remember that when you are debating someone there are other people reading what you write. Even is you lose the debate it is possible that your words have had a good effect on someone else. If all of us boycott the forum a lot of people will be exposed just to false beliefs with no idea that those beliefs can be refuted. In the end God will judge us by how faithfully we obeyed him, not by how many people we convinced of the truth.
Well-said, puddleglum! Thank you!

Overcomer
Guru

Post #13

Post by Overcomer »

Wootah wrote:
Personally I post on what interests me to reply to
That's a good point, Wootah. I don't feel the need to respond to every topic and every thread either. For one thing, I don't have the expertise to get into science in great depth. I leave those conversations to the ones with a background in the field. And I don't have the time to engage in a lot of conversations as I can only spend a limited amount of time here. So, yes, we have to be selective.