Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Paul's advantage

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Romans 10.9
: If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Paul had an advantage in this. If accounts are to be believed, he had an encounter with the risen Christ on the road to Damascus.

So then, is it fair for Paul to include this stipulation as a requirement for salvation when most of us have not been so fortunate?

Is God fair? Is Paul?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Paul's advantage

Post #21

Post by ttruscott »

Justin108 wrote:
ttruscott wrote: The Bible says GOD chooses who HE chooses and rejects to choose those HE rejects.
Stating the obvious here, Ted
ttruscott wrote: I contend that the reason HE chooses some is that they accepted HIS claims to deity and HIS promise of salvation from all sin by their true free will decision and
HE rejects for salvation those who rejected HIM first as their god and deemed HIM to be a false god and a liar about salvation and hell, putting themselves outside of HIS saving grace for eternity.
So gullibility = good and reasonable skepticism = bad
So faith is gullibility and good is evil and evil is good. Anybody can make ad hominem accusations but who can prove them? Please prove acceptance always proves gullibility.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #22

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

ttruscott wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
ttruscott wrote: The Bible says GOD chooses who HE chooses and rejects to choose those HE rejects.
ttruscott wrote: I contend that the reason HE chooses some is that they accepted HIS claims to deity and HIS promise of salvation from all sin by their true free will decision and
HE rejects for salvation those who rejected HIM first as their god and deemed HIM to be a false god and a liar about salvation and hell, putting themselves outside of HIS saving grace for eternity.
So faith is gullibility and good is evil and evil is good. Anybody can make ad hominem accusations but who can prove them? Please prove acceptance always proves gullibility.
No one is claiming that good is evil and evil is good, only that good and evil are opinions. Now the trick is to get everyone on the same page concerning what should be considered good, and what should be considered evil. And it's not that hard. Those things which we would not want done to us, we should consider evil to do to others. Those things which we appreciate from others, we should consider good.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by Justin108 »

ttruscott wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
So faith is gullibility and good is evil and evil is good. Anybody can make ad hominem accusations but who can prove them?
Ok so you went from inaccurately using the term "strawman" to inaccurately using the term "ad hominem". An ad hominem is an attack on a person's character. Please explain how what I said was an attack on someone's character?

gullible
ˈɡʌləb(ə)l/
adjective
easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.

So a man named YHWH showed up one day, told everyone he was an all powerful God. Some people were easily persuaded by this as all it took was a claim. Remember, YHWH never proved anything he said. He literally only made a claim. The people who believed him after making such a claim were easily persuaded to believe. They are by definition gullible. God, apparently, likes this and because of how easily persuaded they were, they all got to live in heaven with him for all eternity. Please point out what part of my discourse is in error.