JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

Jesus prayed to YHWH, the Father, not to himself. (E.g., Matthew 26:39,42; John 11:41,42; John 17:1-26.) Would he have been praying to himself?

He continually referred to himself as "God's SON," not YHWH Himself. (John 5:19; John 8:28,29; John 10:36; John 17:1.) Even the Jews who hated him recognized that fact (John 19:7). Can he be his own Son?

He applied Isaiah 61:1,2 to himself, at Luke 4:17-21, showing that he was the one anointed BY YHWH, and sent BY YHWH. There are incontrovertibly two Persons mentioned in the passage, and YHWH is the One calling the shots. The anointed one does what YHWH wants. How could they be the same Person?

Psalm 110 is also applied to Jesus at Acts 2:34,35. He is the "Lord," or Messiah, that YHWH speaks to. Was YHWH talking to Himself?

I think that just these few points would show plainly that Jesus is not YHWH. Can anyone explain how THESE REFERENCES, ABOVE, can possibly agree with the premise that Jesus is YHWH? I'm not asking for other Scriptures to be brought in without commenting ON the verses I am asking about. Please give me your reasoning concerning these particular Scriptures. Thank you.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #271

Post by Checkpoint »

onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 267 by polonius.advice]

It is refreshing to see that many here understand that the Scriptures clearly show that YHWH and His Son Jesus are two distinct individuals.
I thought nearly everyone who thinks they are a Christian thinks of them as two distinct individuals or persons.

Wo says otherwise?

tigger2
Sage

Post #272

Post by tigger2 »

Checkpoint wrote:

It is refreshing to see that many here understand that the Scriptures clearly show that YHWH and His Son Jesus are two distinct individuals.
I thought nearly everyone who thinks they are a Christian thinks of them as two distinct individuals or persons.

Wo says otherwise?
I thought everyone who has paid attention knows a number of 'Christians' who believe that YHWH of the Old Testament was The Son of God who later became the Messiah.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #273

Post by Checkpoint »

tigger2 wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

Who says otherwise?
I thought everyone who has paid attention knows a number of 'Christians' who believe that YHWH of the Old Testament was The Son of God who later became the Messiah.
Other than the few "Jesus only" believers, I think you must be referring to those who see Jesus as the one who showed himself, or in some other situation. They usually, however, believe God is a Trinity of three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

liamconnor
Prodigy

Post #274

Post by liamconnor »

tigger2 wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

Wo says otherwise?
Not at all representative of Christian theology.

In the O.T. we have various names given to a single divine entity: elohim and YHWH being predominate.

In the N.T., nuances are revealed: that single entity is triune in nature. The various divine names of the O.t. are parceled out between the Son and the Father.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #275

Post by onewithhim »

Checkpoint wrote:

Wo says otherwise?
Many people, unbelievably. I think some of them have commented on this very thread. I am a member of "Theology On Line" and there are quite a number of people that comment there that insist that Jesus is YHWH! That forum is rather depressing.

Falling Light 101
Apprentice

Post #276

Post by Falling Light 101 »

I have been looking through all the continued pages of all the posts that have all been made since my last post.

so far all that I see is the OVERALL GENERAL CLAIM and OUTCRY that is demanding that Jesus did not Pray to Himself.

However God in fact could Pray to Himself, IF He had created Himself a Body and placed His Holy Spirit into that body lived on earth in the Body of the Eternal Lord Jesus Christ.

The Father made Flesh. The Father God is the WORD. And the WORD was MADE FLESH.

But lets remind the Jehovah Witnesses - That When Christians Pray in The Name of The Lord Jesus Christ, They are praying directly - to The Father.
Contrary to Jehovah Witt ness and Trinitarians.

The Old Testament knows THE FATHER. But Trinitarians and Jehovah Witness do not know of - __ ** __ “ THE FATHER - Of the Old Testament.

This is because they do not see the eXact words ::" THE FATHER ::"" named / listed in the Old Testament text.

This simple eXact phrase and LINE and worded precise detailed - THE FATHER Line -

is in FACT itself another Person from the Father Yawhea.

In the Mind of Jehovah Witt ness and Trinitarians - - THE FATHER is a different character and Person from the Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?

OOPS this is not saying THE FATHER. so it must be another character / person besides the New Testament - THE FATHER.

But this is gooble de gookkkk is eXactly what Jehovah Witness and Trinitarians can agree upon.

Complete foolishness that they conjure to appease their mothers and wives to gain appeal and value in defying the Word Of God.

In the Mind of Jehovah Witt ness and Trinitarians - - THE FATHER is a different character and Person from the Jer 31:9 for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

In the Mind of Jehovah Witt ness and Trinitarians - - THE FATHER is a different character and Person from the Isa 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father.

OOPS But this is not the Jehovah Witt ness THE FATHER Dude. This is Another Character and Person who is not THE THE FATHER - OF THE NEW Testament character - THE FATHER.

In the Mind of Jehovah Witt ness and Trinitarians -

- THE FATHER is a different character and Person from the Isa 63:16

OOOPS - - Doubtless thou art our father…………O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

In the Mind of Jehovah Witt ness and Trinitarians - - THE FATHER is a different character and Person from the Deu 32:6 LORD, ……..is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?

OOPS again the Trinitarians and Jehovah Witt ness servants of THE - THE FATHER of The new testament THE FATHER person is a different character and deity.

This is not the Jehovah Witt ness THE FATHER Dude. This is Another Character and Person who is not THE THE FATHER - OF THE NEW Testament character - THE FATHER

In the Mind of Jehovah Witt ness and Trinitarians - - THE FATHER is a different character and Person from the 1Ch 29:10 ….. LORD God of Israel our father, for ever and ever.

AGAIN THE OTHER FATHER - Jer 3:19 But I said - , Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me. NOT The GOD FATHER - THE FATHER

AGAIN - Mal 1:6 A son honoureth his father, ………. if then I be a father, where is mine honour? ………….. saith the LORD of hosts unto you.

AGAIN Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?
Not only is God Almighty known as the “Father�, He calls His people as “Children� in the OLD TESTAMENT -

in the Mind of Jehovah Witt ness - God is not THE FATHER before the Other Person The Jesus dude comes along and makes the statement, saying THE FATHER. !

AGAIN Hos 1:10 Ye are the sons of the living God. OOPS.. Again. --- - This is not THE FATHER.

AGAIN Isa 1:2 Hear, The LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

OOOOPS ! - Exo 4:22,23 Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn.

But This Lord is another Father NOT THE FATHER FATHER
Deu 14:1 Ye are the children of the LORD your God - - But NOT the JEHOVAH WITT NESS - THE FATHER FATHER

OOOOPS ! Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

OOOOPS ! Psa 82:6 all of you are children of the most High.

Trinitarians and Jehovah Witt nesses have 2 daddies - 2 Husbands

and 4 deities , persons total. They REFUSE to believe that God is 1.

He is not 3- But Only 1. Such a foolish translation You have,

How many Holy Spirits are there going around in this age ?

--------
Moderator edited post and removed large font - otseng

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Post #277

Post by paarsurrey1 »

[Replying to post 263 by onewithhim]
Paarsurrey wrote:
I understand that that never happened. Paul just told that it has happened. Paul was never in the association of Jesus. Sorry, no authorization from Jesus, please.
Regards
onewithhim said:
Where do you get your information?
Paul was never in the association of Jesus as a disciple till Jesus migrated from Judea after the event of Crucifixion. And when Jesus migrated, Paul did not accompany him. So where is the valid authorization and when it was made and who witnessed it,please?

Regards

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #278

Post by brianbbs67 »

As to Paul, he was never with The Christ while he was alive. i think he refers to the Damacus road. Saul asks, who are you lord? I am he whom you persecutes.

marco
Savant

Post #279

Post by marco »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
Paul was never in the association of Jesus as a disciple till Jesus migrated from Judea after the event of Crucifixion. And when Jesus migrated, Paul did not accompany him. So where is the valid authorization and when it was made and who witnessed it,please?

Regards
You are in a weak position, paarsurrey. You are getting SOME information about Paul from the NT and disregarding other information you find there. Why? Because someone writing 600 years later supplied NEW information about Paul and Jesus. How? By a miracle. How did Paul encounter Jesus? By a miracle.

I wonder what makes your contrary account, 600 years out of date, more reliable.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #280

Post by onewithhim »

paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 263 by onewithhim]
Paarsurrey wrote:
I understand that that never happened. Paul just told that it has happened. Paul was never in the association of Jesus. Sorry, no authorization from Jesus, please.
Regards
onewithhim said:
Where do you get your information?

Regards
I refer you to Acts 9:1-15. Jesus called Paul "a chosen vessel." Remember, your Quran says that these Scriptures were given to mankind by Allah.