God’s Two Mistakes (if there is a God)

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

God’s Two Mistakes (if there is a God)

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Granting the notion that there is a God [then I’m toast], “He� made a mistake in sizing mankind’s brain too large. And provided mankind with the wonderfully working playground known as Earth.

After reading the Bible (one time, and then again about half-way through) I’ve come to the conclusion “He� made men and women’s brains, in some cases, bigger than “His� own. Is that possible (anything is possible for a god, right?)? Those gifted people – many selfless – have contributed so much more to the human condition than just fire and brimstone.

And our planet is turning out to be the smoking gun of revelation, not the multiple headed dragon of two millennia ago. It is a great time capsule of alterations, as are the unfolding secrets of the universe. Together, humans and their planet are over-achievers with no known equal . . . leaving their gods in the plasma.

Can anyone out there refute this?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

You seem to be assuming that if there is a God it must be the God described by the Hebrew Bible.

If that's your assumption, then that God made way more than just two mistakes. :D

On the other hand, if "God" is like some other religions have proposed then she didn't make any mistakes at all. Just got to chose the right religion if you want a flawless God. ;)
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 2 by Divine Insight]
You seem to be assuming that if there is a God it must be the God described by the Hebrew Bible.
And Jesus of the New Testament, too.
If that's your assumption, then that God made way more than just two mistakes. Very Happy
Of course. I believe they can generally all be lumped into the two great mistakes. "He" took on too much in attempting to manipulate mankind . . . and now that ingenious men and women are 'out of the bag' so to speak, He hasn't a clue of what to do. That's why the big time lapse [of course this is all drivel because this is purely hypothetical: no personal "God" exists to whisk good Christians, Muslims and Jews away from danger, into a 'heaven'].
On the other hand, if "God" is like some other religions have proposed then she didn't make any mistakes at all. Just got to chose the right religion if you want a flawless God. Wink]

That is the ticket! Good luck with THAT. How did you do in the lottery yesterday?
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

2Dbunk wrote:
On the other hand, if "God" is like some other religions have proposed then she didn't make any mistakes at all. Just got to chose the right religion if you want a flawless God.
That is the ticket! Good luck with THAT. How did you do in the lottery yesterday?
It has nothing to do with luck. You can easily find such a religion if you are willing to look around for one. You can even make up a logically consistent religion that contains a perfect God if you're clever enough. :D

So what would it have to do with "luck"?

Surely you're not thinking that you would need to be lucky enough to choose the "correct" in an effort to avoid being punished by a wrathful God or whatever? :-k

Being punished by a wrathful God is pretty much a sole hallmark of the Abrahamic religions that you have mentioned, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Even Greek mythology didn't have Zeus threatening to damn people if they fail to worship him or believe in him. According to Greek mythology you could believe in, and worship any number of alternative Gods or Goddesses and Zeus would be perfectly fine with that. Sure, they held the idea that Zeus was the "God of Gods", but that's not the same as proclaiming him to be a jealous God who will damn people for not placing him FIRST. That's more like something Donald Trump would do. :D
[center]Image
[/center]

psychoslice
Student

Re: God’s Two Mistakes (if there is a God)

Post #5

Post by psychoslice »

[Replying to post 1 by 2Dbunk]

For me personally its easy, there is no god, never has been.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 4 by Divine Insight]
It has nothing to do with luck. You can easily find such a religion if you are willing to look around for one. You can even make up a logically consistent religion that contains a perfect God if you're clever enough. Very Happy
Sorry, I'm not searching! I'm content to let the god/religion thing wither on the vine -- I just don't need it. And bite your tongue for suggesting that I start another religion.
So what would it have to do with "luck"?
There are those who are dissatisfied with their religion: "too liberal; not passionate enough; too worldly;" you name it. Amazingly they are searching for a religion just right for them. Why? Will their luck be any better than before?

I know you entertain the advantages of some of the Eastern religions. They certainly seem a bit more compassionate and pastoral, but some of them are a considerable drain on the basic economics. Why would one go there when it is so simple to just drop ALL the baggage?

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #7

Post by Divine Insight »

2Dbunk wrote: I know you entertain the advantages of some of the Eastern religions. They certainly seem a bit more compassionate and pastoral, but some of them are a considerable drain on the basic economics. Why would one go there when it is so simple to just drop ALL the baggage?
IMHO, whether there exists a God or not worshiping economics is bound to lead humanity down the drain. This is probably one area where I agree with many religions. If you live your life based on worshiping money, ownership and possessions you're going down a path that is going to lead you into much suffering. It is possible that while some individuals may make out ok by worshiping money and just happen to die before they are personally adversely affected but this. But even in those cases they are most likely causing many other humans much suffering in the process even though they may be totally unaware of this side effect.

So if you are going to renounce religions in favor of worship economy I would suggest that you are on a seriously destructive path in terms of humanity in general.

Of course, just to be clear, many (if not most) religious fanatics actually worship money way more than they worship their Gods to be sure. In fact, they often hypocritically use their Gods as an excuse for their monetary greed in spite of the fact that their religious doctrines almost always preach against this.

By the way, could you explain why you feel that religions are a drain on the economy?

The religious alt-right in the USA are more than anxious to pollute the entire planet and cut all spending on science in favor of opening up coal mines, steel mills, and unregulated factories. They also want to do away with health insurance and just give that money to the rich so they can open up more coal mines, steel mills, and unregulated factories.

If they get their way we may see a real BOON in the "economy" at the expense of the clean air, water, and a stable environment. Civil rights and healthcare will also go down the drain, but at least the economy will be "booming". Until it all catches up to itself in the end and can no longer sustain itself in an overly polluted world.

So the religious alt-right are about to worship mammon like you've never witnessed before! And the economy will BOOM until it chokes everyone out with its unregulated pollution.
[center]Image
[/center]

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 7 by Divine Insight]
So if you are going to renounce religions in favor of worship economy I would suggest that you are on a seriously destructive path in terms of humanity in general.

Of course, just to be clear, many (if not most) religious fanatics actually worship money way more than they worship their Gods to be sure. In fact, they often hypocritically use their Gods as an excuse for their monetary greed in spite of the fact that their religious doctrines almost always preach against this.

By the way, could you explain why you feel that religions are a drain on the economy?
I believe you've misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was speaking of Hinduism being a burden (dietary constraints on the Hindu population) on their economy as they revere otherwise valuable cattle and other forms of life being of religious importance.

Otherwise, I agree with you totally on the issue of indolently worshipping
the all-mighty dollar.

Your last sentence does provoke a response, however. IMHO I do think religion is a drain on economies where churches and their holding are exempt from taxation.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by ttruscott »

2Dbunk wrote: Granting the notion that there is a God [then I’m toast], “He� made a mistake in sizing mankind’s brain too large. And provided mankind with the wonderfully working playground known as Earth.
Granting the notion that there is a God then HE made our brains perfect for HIS purpose for humans, the redemption of HIS sinful elect. And if this is prison planet with a rehab centre for those who can be cured from their addiction to evil, then what possibilities exist when HIS reality is cleansed from all evil and we can explore 100 billion galaxies and their wonders??

Does not the philosophical premise that there is a GOD impel thinking along these lines, not to telling HIM where HE got it wrong? Iow, your denunciation of HIS creation is proof that you do not grant the notion that there is a GOD...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 9 by ttruscott]
Granting the notion that there is a God then HE made our brains perfect for HIS purpose for humans, the redemption of HIS sinful elect. And if this is prison planet with a rehab centre for those who can be cured from their addiction to evil, then what possibilities exist when HIS reality is cleansed from all evil and we can explore 100 billion galaxies and their wonders??
There are many on this forum that will agree that the Christian God is not perfect, though that is what the Bible says is so. But the Bible is far from perfect would you not agree? If God is perfect, would not all mankind be created equal (same color, same intellect, same economic situation, SAME RELIGION -- in essence, provide a level playing field for ALL. Then he would have cause to punish those who deter from his commandments. Otherwise (and this is the case), because of so many variables influencing his creations, his judgement has to be weighted (for isn't ALL of his creation perfect when everything balances out)?
Does not the philosophical premise that there is a GOD impel thinking along these lines, not to telling HIM where HE got it wrong? Iow, your denunciation of HIS creation is proof that you do not grant the notion that there is a GOD...
Pardon me for being so critical of a deity. Why did he allow me a 3 digit IQ and others a room temperature IQ (who never question his authority or methods). This all seems very puzzling AND INDICATIVE OF IMPERFECTION.