After Jesus' thousand year rule

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

After Jesus' thousand year rule

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Jehovah's Witesses believe that after the Thousand Year Reign of Christ, Jesus will spend eternity in heaven with his Father. We also believe there will be humans on the earth after the millenium and the various post-millenial events (the destruction of Satan etc).

My question is for believers that do have an opinion or idea on this subject.

- Will there be believers on the earth after the 1000 year rule of Jesus and the final destruction of Satan?

For those that believe Jesus (and perhaps God) will literally come down to earth to rule for 1000 years) ...

- Will God and or Jesus RETURN to heaven to be with the angels or will they both remain living on earth for all eternity?

JW

INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: After Jesus' thousand year rule

Post #11

Post by Aetixintro »

JehovahsWitness wrote: - Will there be believers on the earth after the 1000 year rule of Jesus and the final destruction of Satan?
JW
Hi JW

I believe there will be believers forever because I predict belief will take the stronger form of "natural law". That culture reinforces belief so that evil becomes hypothetical for the remainder of time to come. IMO. :)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Aetixintro wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: - Will there be believers on the earth after the 1000 year rule of Jesus and the final destruction of Satan?
JW
Hi JW

I believe there will be believers forever because I predict belief will take the stronger form of "natural law". That culture reinforces belief so that evil becomes hypothetical for the remainder of time to come. IMO. :)

Thanks for that, maybe its my fault I wasn't clear, I do agree that God will always have believers, my question was really concerning the earth, will there be believers that spend eternity on earth rather than in heaven with God*...

Sorry about the confusion, my bad

JW

* I know there are some that believe God and Jesus will permanently vaccate the heavens and spend eternity on earth (leaving heaven empty but for the angels). I'm not clear if Abraham and others already believed to be in heaven will leave it too, I presume they will ...

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

polonius
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by polonius »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 4 by onewithhim]

Good point. Really, it's like pulling teeth to get people to explain their view on the destiny of the earth. I was recently told that when Jesus said "the meek shall inherit the earth" it means "the meek shall inherit heaven".

Go figure,

JW
RESPONSE: Are there other times when you have been told that Jesus really meant something other than what he clearly said? Do you really believe that?

polonius
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by polonius »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 2 by onewithhim]

Yes, I think its an important question. Even those that believe God will destroy this planet and create a new one often fail to explain who will ultimately live on it.

JW
Yes, that's true, isn't it? I'd love to hear someone's explanation of that.

In the meantime, we can have confidence in what the Bible says at Ecclesiastes 1:4:

"The earth remains forever."

Yes indeed.

We both have written extensively on this. It is a wonderful hope and one we can have full confidence in.

Can we understand Ecc 1:4 to literally refer to this planet lasting forever?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 903#866903
RESPONSE: By the same token can we understand Psalm 104 saying "5 You set the earth on its foundations so that it shall never be shaken." Was Galileo wrong after all? :-s

onewithhim
Savant

Post #15

Post by onewithhim »

polonius.advice wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 2 by onewithhim]

Yes, I think its an important question. Even those that believe God will destroy this planet and create a new one often fail to explain who will ultimately live on it.

JW
Yes, that's true, isn't it? I'd love to hear someone's explanation of that.

In the meantime, we can have confidence in what the Bible says at Ecclesiastes 1:4:

"The earth remains forever."

Yes indeed.

We both have written extensively on this. It is a wonderful hope and one we can have full confidence in.

Can we understand Ecc 1:4 to literally refer to this planet lasting forever?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 903#866903
RESPONSE: By the same token can we understand Psalm 104 saying "5 You set the earth on its foundations so that it shall never be shaken." Was Galileo wrong after all? :-s
How does that disagree with Galileo?

polonius
Prodigy

Post #16

Post by polonius »

onewithhim wrote:
polonius.advice wrote:
“We say, pronounce, sentence, and declare that you, the said Galileo, by reason of the matters adduced in trial, and by you confessed as above, have rendered yourself in the judgment of this Holy Office vehemently suspected of heresy, namely, of having believed and held the doctrine—which is false and contrary to the sacred and divine Scriptures—that the Sun is the center of the world and does not move from east to west and that the Earth moves and is not the center of the world; and that an opinion may be held and defended as probably after it has been declared and defined to be contrary to the Holy Scripture;�

Galileo's theory was that the earth did in fact move and revolved around the sun. That was deemed to be heresy because it was contrary to what the Bible clearly teaches, although it was correct! ;)

Some fundamentalist still can't accept it! The Bible
is wrong!

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by Checkpoint »

polonius.advice wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
polonius.advice wrote:
“We say, pronounce, sentence, and declare that you, the said Galileo, by reason of the matters adduced in trial, and by you confessed as above, have rendered yourself in the judgment of this Holy Office vehemently suspected of heresy, namely, of having believed and held the doctrine—which is false and contrary to the sacred and divine Scriptures—that the Sun is the center of the world and does not move from east to west and that the Earth moves and is not the center of the world; and that an opinion may be held and defended as probably after it has been declared and defined to be contrary to the Holy Scripture;�

Galileo's theory was that the earth did in fact move and revolved around the sun. That was deemed to be heresy because it was contrary to what the Bible clearly teaches, although it was correct! ;)

Some fundamentalist still can't accept it! The Bible
is wrong!
A revisit to an exercise in absurdity.

The Bible and Galileo were not wrong, the religious leaders were.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #18

[Replying to post 16 by polonius.advice]

Whereever the bible is the in the solar system the OP is dealing with what will happen to it after the 1000 year reign of Christ. My question wasn't posted to turn into one of those interminable "is the bible right?" atheist driven discussions, but to examine various interpetations of the fate of the earth whereever it is and whatever its shape.

I invite anyone with an opinion as to what will happen after the thousand year rule to share; if anyone does not wish to discuss the topic at hand, I don't think the rules oblige them to post.

JW

polonius
Prodigy

Galileo was correct. The Bible is in error.

Post #19

Post by polonius »

Checkpoint posted:
The Bible and Galileo were not wrong, the religious leaders were.
RESPONSE:

1. Galileo was correct.

2. The Bible was wrong in believing Ps 104 and Joshua 10:13.

Psalm 104 "5 You set the earth on its foundations so that it shall never be shaken."

Joshua 10:13 “13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped until the nation took vengeance on their enemies.

Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stopped in midheaven and did not hurry to set for about a whole day. 14 There has been no day like it before or since when the LORD heeded a human voice; for the LORD fought for Israel.

3. The Church was in error in interpreting the Bible literally rather than figuratively.

COMMENT: And yet bible fundamentalists continue to tell us that the Bible is the Word of God, contains no errors, and has to be believed.

polonius
Prodigy

Post #20

Post by polonius »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 16 by polonius.advice]

Whereever the bible is the in the solar system the OP is dealing with what will happen to it after the 1000 year reign of Christ. My question wasn't posted to turn into one of those interminable "is the bible right?" atheist driven discussions, but to examine various interpetations of the fate of the earth whereever it is and whatever its shape.

I invite anyone with an opinion as to what will happen after the thousand year rule to share; if anyone does not wish to discuss the topic at hand, I don't think the rules oblige them to post.

JW
RESPONSE: Like the sun standing still in Joshua 10, and the earth not moving in Ps 104, the short section in Revelation (and nowhere else in the Bible) about the 1000 year millennium, quite evidently is also fictional. But, in spite of the other demonstrated biblical blunders, some biblical fundamentalist believe it.