What positive features do you think will be present paradise

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

What positive features do you think will be present paradise

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

People have different ideas about the ultimate destiny for the faithful.

QUESTION FOR DEBATE:

- What in your opinion is the ultimate reward for the faithful?

- What positive * features will do you believe will be a feature of this reward?[/b]

Scriptural support for your position would be appreciated

This question is for believers (although non-believers are of course welcome to participate) It is primarily *a debate to compare the various dogmas of the positive features of paradise/heaven, not any negative features which can be featured in another thread if people wish to discuss that.

Existence of God and of some kind of positive reward for the righteous is a given in this debate.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

Re: What positive features do you think will be present para

Post #71

Post by ThePainefulTruth »

JehovahsWitness wrote: People have different ideas about the ultimate destiny for the faithful.

QUESTION FOR DEBATE:

- What in your opinion is the ultimate reward for the faithful?
There is no reward for being faithful, and certainly not for turning off our God-given ability to reason. If there is a reward in the hereafter, it's for pursuing the Truth--knowledge, justice, love and beauty.
- What positive * features will do you believe will be a feature of this reward?
I believe fulfillment will be eternally possible, and for those who screwed up the opportunity to be meaningful in this life, there is the blessed relief of the ability to choose oblivion.
Scriptural support for your position would be appreciated
I hate the word scripture, it's so loaded with assumed authority.
Existence of God and of some kind of positive reward for the righteous is a given in this debate.
Yes, but I think there's a world of difference between what is righteous, and what different people think it is. Righteous is a word describing "of Truth". But too many people substitute faith/emotions for true righteousness.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #72

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: Peace again to you owh,
onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 67 by tam]

You can say what you want about me.....that I had no answer, or whatever.

I have no reason to doubt that you are tired, as you have said. But perhaps it is because you cannot show that I (she, for the record) am distorting anything?

That is exactly why I said "you can say what you want about me, that I had no answer." (Though untrue.)

Done.

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #73

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to onewithhim]

[It's baffling to me just how someone of even average ability of understanding can take some of these posts seriously. You listen to a person who says they talk directly to "the Lord" on a regular basis and eschews the Bible if it contradicts what her "Lord" says. [/quote]

^ What does this mean? If this has to do with Tam. I don’t know anything about the person other than noticing the few reponses I have seen her make were well put and backed by Scripture (at least from the little I read.)
You don't allow anyone to stop conversing with you civilly
When people respond that something is absurd and ridiculous, I tend to respond in kind – guess I should try to rise above it, but sometimes it is necessary to help the person see they are an example of the pot calling the kettle black.

I could fence (as in a sword-fight) with you all day and night, with plenty of ammo
So you say.
, but you remain "hard-hearted" as Scripture says (Ezekiel 3:7)
You believe I am “hard hearted� because I do not accept JW interpretation. I do not believe JW interpretation because I find it unscriptural, unreasonable, and unauthorized.

......you who think a person who rejects the Bible as God's Word and listens to voices from "her Lord" is "more reasonable" than I am.
Again, is this about Tam? I do not know what Tam’s story is or her full set of views. I am merely commenting on her few remarks she has made to you.
I have answered Tam's questions. She is the person who hasn't answered all of mine.
I have not found this to be the case in this thread.

It seems Tam’s kind and gentle posts are unsettling to you. If you could articulate why that is other than saying she isn’t respecting your reasoning and that you find her conclusions bizarre that would be great. Perhaps you find something to back up why you would call her conclusions bizarre -- that might be a place to start.