Is no public education good for a countries success?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Is no public education good for a countries success?

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Can a country with no public education compete with those that do have public education?

Are there any examples of countries without public education in the modern era that have succeeded economically and/or are thriving?

What would be the Pros of eliminating public education?

What are the cons of eliminating public education?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 4:
JP Cusick wrote: ...
The worse is the promotion of sexual activity and sexual deviance.
Please give examples.

Slowly.
JP Cusick wrote: Near to that is the promotion of competition as the governing mentality.
Agreed. The emphasis on sports over academics in some schools - public or private - is appalling.
JP Cusick wrote: The schools teach anti God and anti religion, and promote secular humanism.
It's a poor God who can't defend himself, or who can't promote himself without relying on others to do his work for him.

In sixth grade I was given a bible in school. One of them little red'ns.

No, outside school, 'cause it ain't illegal I reckon if you use public funds to pay teachers to walk ya outside and make ya promise you'll read this book they promote that's full of the goofiest, most deranged thinking ever produced by the human mind. Needless to say, I got many frowns of disaproval when I threw mine to the ground.

"Now Joey, you shouldn't do that to God." - "Teacher".

"Is God a book?" - Me.

":roll:" - "Teacher".
JP Cusick wrote: The failure to teach the civil laws or about the Courts is a big problem too.
I remember in eighth grade, my senior year, I had me a class called "Civics", where it was, I learned me just that (among other notions).

I leave the remainder of your post to others, unless you wish for me to address some or all the rest of it.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: Is no public education good for a countries success?

Post #12

Post by JP Cusick »

DanieltheDragon wrote: I am unaware of any sex ed program that promotes any sexual activity or deviance.
The schools promote it and empower it and encourage it - so there does not need to be a specific class by that designation.
DanieltheDragon wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:The schools teach anti God and anti religion, and promote secular humanism.
What course material and subject promotes this? Aside from that being violation of the first amendment, why is the vast majority of Americans identified as Christian?
The science classes, and teaching evolution is completely unnecessary if the schools are to make students into better citizens.

I really do not like the 1st Amendment and it was a mistake in the first place.

Having free speech and free religion, free press and free to assemble, were always a God given ability, but it was never to be a government enforced right.

The original Constitution was not to have the so called "Bill of Rights" which is why they are called = amendments.

It use to be fairly accurate that the USA was a Christian nation, and as Christians other religions were still welcome, but then the USA under the force of public education decided to exclude Christianity from the school curriculum and so the process of anti God and anti religion began.

Why would any Country teach in its public schools the ideas and ideology which was directly apposed to the population? Answer = There is no justification to do such a thing.

In a Muslim Country we can expect their public schools to teach Islam, in a Hindu Country we can expect their public schools to teach Hinduism, in a Catholic Country we can expect their public schools to teach Catholicism, in a Protestant Country we can expect their public schools to teach the student to be Protestant.

In the USA the public schools teach the students a doctrine which went against their parents, and now we have science and Atheism as our State sponsored religion - without calling it religion.
DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 4 by JP Cusick]
The failure to teach the civil laws or about the Courts is a big problem too.
I agree 100%. Civics is also an important subject often gutted due to budget cuts.
That is not done because of budget cuts.

The public schools would not improve by increasing the budget(s).

DanieltheDragon wrote: [Replying to post 4 by JP Cusick]
The real solution is in changing the public education into a realistic instrument for educating the students for real life, and that could not be done except by warfare and revolution
Or you know you could vote instead of killing people.
It does not have to be a violent revolution, or at least not excessively violent.

And I see it as absurd to think that public education could be significantly improved by voting or by the representatives of our government (State or Federal).

The only true hope would be a massive change of government and the destruction of Capitalism and massive social engineering.

The USA has already gone way to far down the drain of immorality and debauchery.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

JP Cusick
Guru

Reply:

Post #13

Post by JP Cusick »

JoeyKnothead wrote: While I agree too many students just show up to get by, there are many young folks who are proud to attend their publicly funded schools, and who go on to do great things.

Just 'cause they don't get mentioned, or become billionaires, don't mean they ain't doing 'em good for society.
I am not blaming the students in public schools or in the nasty private schools.

The students are the victims, and as such we all share in their loss.

The schools might be great for our evil society and for society's exploitation of the population and for suppression of the opposition - but it is not well for the student as a person to live healthy and to live ethically productive lives.
SIGNATURE:

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #14

[Replying to post 12 by JP Cusick]
The schools promote it and empower it and encourage it - so there does not need to be a specific class by that designation
It's true because you declare it so?

Sorry not buying your propaganda without evidence to support your claim.
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #15

[Replying to post 12 by JP Cusick]
The science classes, and teaching evolution is completely unnecessary if the schools are to make students into better citizens.

I really do not like the 1st Amendment and it was a mistake in the first place.

Having free speech and free religion, free press and free to assemble, were always a God given ability, but it was never to be a government enforced right.

The original Constitution was not to have the so called "Bill of Rights" which is why they are called = amendments.

It use to be fairly accurate that the USA was a Christian nation, and as Christians other religions were still welcome, but then the USA under the force of public education decided to exclude Christianity from the school curriculum and so the process of anti God and anti religion began.

Why would any Country teach in its public schools the ideas and ideology which was directly apposed to the population? Answer = There is no justification to do such a thing.

In a Muslim Country we can expect their public schools to teach Islam, in a Hindu Country we can expect their public schools to teach Hinduism, in a Catholic Country we can expect their public schools to teach Catholicism, in a Protestant Country we can expect their public schools to teach the student to be Protestant.

In the USA the public schools teach the students a doctrine which went against their parents, and now we have science and Atheism as our State sponsored religion - without calling it religion.
Evolution is not anti-Christian many Christian Faith's affirm evolution just fine. Then again given the unpatriotic nature of the rest of this post and its firm commitment to theocracy and semi autocratic nature we probably don't have a lot to agree on given that I am a patriotic atheist.

Perhaps we will just have to agree to disagree though your talks of revolution is worrisome.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by McCulloch »

JP Cusick wrote:My view of public education is that it promotes immorality and uncivil ideals so that the benefits are far outweighed by the negatives.
I received a public education. My parents were both educators in the public school system. My brother teaches high school. My sister is a professor at a public university. I am entirely unaware that public education promotes immorality. Please be more specific, what immorality does public education promote?
JP Cusick wrote:If a person (any age) uses the public library in a serious and determined way then they can get a far better self education then any public education.
You are aware, aren't you, that a public library is a part of public education?
JP Cusick wrote:
DanieltheDragon wrote:Specifically what immoral and uncivil ideas does public education promote?
The worse [sic] is the promotion of sexual activity and sexual deviance.
Wow, I must have missed that class! I'll ask my mom if she promoted sexual activity at her school. I've asked my adult son, who also got a public education, if his school promoted sexual activity. He says that they did not. Yes, they teach about sexuality. They teach about some of the variety of sexual experience. They teach about the importance of carefully considering the risks of sexual activity; sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy, emotional risks.
JP Cusick wrote:Near to that is the promotion of competition as the governing mentality.
A good reason to reform public education; look to Finland as a model but not a reason to abandon public education.
JP Cusick wrote:The schools teach anti God and anti religion, and promote secular humanism.
Every public educator that I know is very careful not to teach against any particular religion or any understanding of God. Yes, they promote secularism, but the secularism as expressed in the First Ammendment. The state should not either prohibit nor promote religion.
JP Cusick wrote:The failure to teach the civil laws or about the Courts is a big problem too.
Agreed, public schools should teach more about civics.
JP Cusick wrote:A poor person can make just one million (1M$) and that can take them out of poverty and into prosperity - they do not need to make billions or become President, and so worldly success is available to anyone willing to put forth the effort - and that can be done with or without a public education.
I fail to see the relevance. It matters not whether an individual can do as well without a public education, but is society better off with public education implemented.
JP Cusick wrote:The problem is that public education is not teaching […] any realistic approach to God or to religion.
Wow, really?
JP Cusick wrote:The real solution is in changing the public education into a realistic instrument for educating the students for real life, and that could not be done except by warfare and revolution.
Words fail me.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #17

Post by JP Cusick »

McCulloch wrote: I received a public education. My parents were both educators in the public school system. My brother teaches high school. My sister is a professor at a public university. I am entirely unaware that public education promotes immorality. Please be more specific, what immorality does public education promote?
I certainly do not want to make any of this into a personal equation.

I do not blame the teachers, as the teachers are told what to teach and can be punished if they fail to teach the requirements, and the teachers are told what they are NOT to teach and they will be punished if they cross that line too.

The school system (public and private) is not a true reflection of the students or the teachers or the public - it has become some kind of inhuman and malignant growth.

In my opinion of course.
McCulloch wrote: You are aware, aren't you, that a public library is a part of public education?
I do not see that as accurate.

Libraries were first intended for public education but not as public schools.

And libraries are misleading too as they are so heavy laden with fiction and novels and with low quality books that a person really has to dig through the library to find the truly beneficial material.
McCulloch wrote: Every public educator that I know is very careful not to teach against any particular religion or any understanding of God. Yes, they promote secularism, but the secularism as expressed in the First Ammendment. The state should not either prohibit nor promote religion.
Secularism is anti God and anti religion.

And I see the 1st amendment as a huge blot which was forced onto the Constitution, and now there is no way to fix that immoral mistake - except by overthrowing the gov.
McCulloch wrote: I fail to see the relevance. It matters not whether an individual can do as well without a public education, but is society better off with public education implemented.
Our society is notorious for taking healthy wholesome human activity and turning them into immoral garbage, and so yes society needs public education, but the public education we have now is corrupt and incurable.

The students are exploited by the State and by Capitalism while the person(s) are trampled under.

It actually talks about this kind of phenomenon in the Bible as being a curse = Deuteronomy 28:15-46
McCulloch wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:The real solution is in changing the public education into a realistic instrument for educating the students for real life, and that could not be done except by warfare and revolution.
Words fail me.
Well this particular section of this forum is for "Politics and Religion" and that makes a difference in what we might say.

I do not really promote violent revolution or warfare, and it is possible to have a non violent rebellion to force improvements, but I can not foresee any non violent reform of the old system happening in the USA.
SIGNATURE: