A question about Islam and Muslims

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

WinePusher
Scholar

A question about Islam and Muslims

Post #1

Post by WinePusher »

So, I guess my question is, how do you personally feel when you turn on the news and you see that Muslims shot up 100+ people in Paris? How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims ran over 50+ people with a massive truck in Nice? How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims blew up a concert in Britain? Obviously, I assume that you feel sadness as we all do, but does the fact that the perpetrators are Muslims even bother you? Does it ever make you reconsider and reevaluate your repugnant position on allowing mass Muslim migrations in the West?

Kenisaw
Guru

Re: A question about Islam and Muslims

Post #2

Post by Kenisaw »

WinePusher wrote: Daniel and I have debated this issue extensively in the past, so I feel that I have a somewhat reasonable understanding of his position. Throughout my debates with him he has stated that he wants Muslims migrants to come to the west, that people who are against this are cowards, and that Europe doesn't have a problem assimilating its ever growing Muslim population.

So, I guess my question is, how do you personally feel when you turn on the news and you see that Muslims shot up 100+ people in Paris? How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims ran over 50+ people with a massive truck in Nice? How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims blew up a concert in Britain? Obviously, I assume that you feel sadness as we all do, but does the fact that the perpetrators are Muslims even bother you? Does it ever make you reconsider and reevaluate your repugnant position on allowing mass Muslim migrations in the West?
Europe has a massive problem intergrating their Muslim immigrants. There is ample evidence of this. Due to the current leftist concerns in many governments that reacting to Muslim issues would be seen as "racist" (which is hilarious since Islam is a dogma, and it's adherents are not a race), these governments are very slow to act or even ignore the problems being caused by a small percentage of these immigrant populations.

My feelings towards the actions of religious zealots is always the same - the sooner the human race moves away from baseless supernatural belief systems and towards a rational, scientific point of view, the better our species will be.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #3

Post by Elijah John »

WinePusher wrote: Daniel and I have debated this issue extensively in the past, so I feel that I have a somewhat reasonable understanding of his position. Throughout my debates with him he has stated that he wants Muslims migrants to come to the west, that people who are against this are cowards, and that Europe doesn't have a problem assimilating its ever growing Muslim population.

So, I guess my question is, how do you personally feel when you turn on the news and you see that Muslims shot up 100 people in Paris? How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims ran over 50 people with a massive truck in Nice? How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims blew up a concert in Britain? Obviously, I assume that you feel sadness as we all do, but does the fact that the perpetrators are Muslims even bother you? Does it ever make you reconsider and reevaluate your repugnant position on allowing mass Muslim migrations in the West?
Moderator Intervention

Please edit and rephrase/re-frame your OP here and leave Daniel out of it. You can make the same points without making it personal. Otherwise, further action will be taken.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator interventions do not count as a strike against any posters. They are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels that some sort of intervention is required.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

WinePusher
Scholar

Post #4

Post by WinePusher »

[Replying to Elijah John]

I don't think I'm able to go back an re-edit my question. If you want to delete this thread or trash it in random ramblings then I'll recreate a new thread without any personal references.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JoeyKnothead »

NB4

From the OP:
WinePusher wrote: ...
So, I guess my question is, how do you personally feel when you turn on the news and you see that Muslims shot up 100+ people in Paris?
Sad I lack me the schooling to 'tract me 100+ from the 10 or 20 million it was the Christians kilt in WW2, and how it is, I can't add me all the rest of they done did to it.
WinePusher wrote: How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims ran over 50+ people with a massive truck in Nice?
Appalled to find out a theist was responsible.
WinePusher wrote: How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims blew up a concert in Britain?
'Bout just as sad to find out it was a Christian theist that blew up them Atlanta Olympics there awhile back. And shot that abortion doctor. And killed folks based on the weight of a duck - a duck who I guess was himself a dirty ol' Muslim!
WinePusher wrote: ...
but does the fact that the perpetrators are Muslims even bother you?
Not near as much as the fact they're theists.
WinePusher wrote: Does it ever make you reconsider and reevaluate your repugnant position on allowing mass Muslim migrations in the West?
No more'n to find out Christians have them some blood on their hands, and didn't always hafta to do 'em any migratin' to do it.

I don't near fret me the Muslim who might get here, as I fret me the Christian who already is!

Or perplexed at the irony of one repugnant Christian finding Muslims to be repugnant.

Conclusions?

I get a sense that you, WinePusher, are perfectly happy to ignore, gloss over, or otherwise reject the many atrocities carried out in the name of Christianity, in light of it being brown people doing them some of it this go-round!

What's the common thread here?

What's the common problem 'bout it, when believers of magic get them upset at other believers of magic, or others who don't accept their magical beliefs?

Folks set to die quicker'n it took 'em to string Jesus himself up on that cross!

Notice our admittedly 'Christian' OPer has NOTHING to say about the shame and disgrace many Christians have brought upon humanity - as I mention there's some of us atheists, well we do us some stupid up there with the stats that reflect humans do 'em some stuff any right and good human oughta holler about, and be some bit shamed of.

So y'all that ain't too feared of opposition commentary, y'all that ain't had y'all so much schoolin' y'all can't comprehend it when some country boy tells it, do tell WinePusher I said it, 'cause don't it beat all, like his ignorance of Christian history, he don't want him nothing to do with me overturning his arguments for the pancakes they are. Box pancakes, not real'ns! For it is, in all his alleged education, he can't understand the musings of an eighth-grade drop-out.

In all his religious fervor, he just can't stomach him when I set to refute his HYPOCRISY!

Y'all! We're HUMANS ding-dangit! Quit with the "This religion is evil, but mine ain't, 'cause I can 'splain me away the evil done in the name of the 'Religion of Love(tm)', but them 'Religion of Peacers' there, well they can't'".

Fess it! We're humans! We do us evil despite the gods. We do us evil 'cause that's what it is so many of us do. It's us that do it, not the gods. The gods are our "get out of shame free" card!

"But, but, but the Muslims are bad, Christians just do 'em God's will!"

Frog feathers!!!

I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

WinePusher
Scholar

Post #6

Post by WinePusher »

Kenisaw wrote:Europe has a massive problem intergrating their Muslim immigrants. There is ample evidence of this. Due to the current leftist concerns in many governments that reacting to Muslim issues would be seen as "racist" (which is hilarious since Islam is a dogma, and it's adherents are not a race), these governments are very slow to act or even ignore the problems being caused by a small percentage of these immigrant populations.

My feelings towards the actions of religious zealots is always the same - the sooner the human race moves away from baseless supernatural belief systems and towards a rational, scientific point of view, the better our species will be.
Like I said, I hate agreeing with you so let me play devil's advocate. Actually, after thinking about it there is NOTHING of merit in the way liberals approach this issue so it's impossible to vouch for their side.

Whenever a Muslim commits a terrorist attack their knee jerk reaction always seems to be, "but but but what about the big bad Christians! What about the westboro baptist church!! They hold up posters with offensive signs!! I'm more scared of the Christians!!!"

Sam Harris recently said that the left is irredeemable at this point. I agree. They are essentially apologists for Islamic terrorism, and rather than disavowing and condemning Islam they just wanna bash Christianity all the time. It's just so sad that they can't understand that many Christians in America just oppose gay marriage and oppose a woman's right to choose, they aren't stoning gays or throwing acid in the faces of women.

I get that you're an atheist Kenisaw, but will you at least agree with me on this? I mean, I will absolutely agree with you that Christians are by no means faultless. However, as every educated person understands, Christianity had a proper clash with modernity. This clash, as Sam Harris said, humbled Christianity. This is why Christians do not execute people anymore. Christianity went through the enlightenment, the renaissance, the reformation, and many political philosophers who originated the ideas of liberty, freedom, etc, came out of that tradition.

On the issue or migration, I've said that all migrants who can be properly vetted has refugees fleeing conflict should be welcomed. Unfortunately, many of them lack the proper identification and the American intelligence community has stated they aren't capable of thoroughly vetting them. Even so, I would have no problem if Muslim women and children were allowed refuge in our country even if they couldn't pass a stringent security check. Muslim women and children are NOT the primary culprits in these killings.

But hey, I hope the left continues with this facade. Every single time a Muslim terror attack happens, they should continue to talk about Islamaphobia and they should continue to try to divert the conversation to Christians. This type of moral confusion is what got Trump elected.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #7

Post by Bust Nak »

WinePusher wrote: So, I guess my question is, how do you personally feel when you turn on the news and you see that Muslims shot up 100+ people in Paris? How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims ran over 50+ people with a massive truck in Nice? How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims blew up a concert in Britain?
I feel angry that someone would abuse our generosity, and renew my drive to continue my effort in assimilating people of all religion and culture into my society.
Obviously, I assume that you feel sadness as we all do, but does the fact that the perpetrators are Muslims even bother you?
Yes, religion poisons everything.
Does it ever make you reconsider and reevaluate your repugnant position on allowing mass Muslim migrations in the West?
I am constantly reconsidering and re-evaluating my stance. My conclusion hasn't changed though.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #8

Post by Elijah John »

WinePusher wrote: [Replying to Elijah John]

I don't think I'm able to go back an re-edit my question. If you want to delete this thread or trash it in random ramblings then I'll recreate a new thread without any personal references.
Moderator Action

I did it for you. Took out your subtitle and the first paragraph. There's enough left for your OP to stand. You're welcome. ;)

Moderator actions indicate that a thread/post has been locked, moved, merged, or split.

-YHVH is LORD

Elijah John
Savant

Post #9

Post by Elijah John »

JoeyKnothead wrote:
Conclusions?

I get a sense that you, WinePusher, are perfectly happy to ignore, gloss over, or otherwise reject the many atrocities carried out in the name of Christianity, in light of it being brown people doing them some of it this go-round!

Notice our admittedly 'Christian' OPer has NOTHING to say about the shame and disgrace many Christians have brought upon humanity - as I mention there's some of us atheists, well we do us some stupid up there with the stats that reflect humans do 'em some stuff any right and good human oughta holler about, and be some bit shamed of.

So y'all that ain't too feared of opposition commentary, y'all that ain't had y'all so much schoolin' y'all can't comprehend it when some country boy tells it, do tell WinePusher I said it, 'cause don't it beat all, like his ignorance of Christian history, he don't want him nothing to do with me overturning his arguments for the pancakes they are. Box pancakes, not real'ns! For it is, in all his alleged education, he can't understand the musings of an eighth-grade drop-out.

In all his religious fervor, he just can't stomach him when I set to refute his HYPOCRISY!

:warning: Moderator Warning

Unacceptable. This post is full of blanket statements and personal attacks. Please refrain and make your points without the needless personal invective and generalizations.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

-YHVH is LORD

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #10

Post by Bust Nak »

WinePusher wrote: Actually, after thinking about it there is NOTHING of merit in the way liberals approach this issue so it's impossible to vouch for their side.

Whenever a Muslim commits a terrorist attack their knee jerk reaction always seems to be, "but but but what about the big bad Christians!..."
The typical liberal reaction is, "so called the religion of peace." The "what about Christians" comments are made in response to Christians who tries to score points for Christianity.
Sam Harris recently said that the left is irredeemable at this point. I agree. They are essentially apologists for Islamic terrorism, and rather than disavowing and condemning Islam they just wanna bash Christianity all the time. It's just so sad that they can't understand that many Christians in America just oppose gay marriage and oppose a woman's right to choose, they aren't stoning gays or throwing acid in the faces of women.
I don't know what Harris said but the accusation does not ring true. There is plenty of disavowing and condemning Islam. The Christianity bashing does not start until a Christian shows up to condemn Islam. (Or more typically, when they show up to condemn Muslims.)
However, as every educated person understands, Christianity had a proper clash with modernity. This clash, as Sam Harris said, humbled Christianity. This is why Christians do not execute people anymore. Christianity went through the enlightenment, the renaissance, the reformation, and many political philosophers who originated the ideas of liberty, freedom, etc, came out of that tradition.
Right, and Islam is going through theirs. It too will be humbled.