A question about Islam and Muslims

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

WinePusher
Scholar

A question about Islam and Muslims

Post #1

Post by WinePusher »

So, I guess my question is, how do you personally feel when you turn on the news and you see that Muslims shot up 100+ people in Paris? How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims ran over 50+ people with a massive truck in Nice? How does it make you feel when you see that Muslims blew up a concert in Britain? Obviously, I assume that you feel sadness as we all do, but does the fact that the perpetrators are Muslims even bother you? Does it ever make you reconsider and reevaluate your repugnant position on allowing mass Muslim migrations in the West?

WinePusher
Scholar

Re: A question about Islam and Muslims

Post #11

Post by WinePusher »

Bust Nak wrote:The typical liberal reaction is, "so called the religion of peace."
That's the typical reaction from people who are not liberals. If you watch American news, you will see that people who identify as liberal/democrat/progressive generally don't condemn Islam and are too scared to use the word "Islamic terrorism."
Bust Nak wrote:The "what about Christians" comments are made in response to Christians who tries to score points for Christianity.
What a weird comment. 20+ innocent people, many of them children. have just been brutally massacred and you think that I and other Christians are "trying to score points for Christianity."

It really doesn't matter what my or your spiritual convictions are, as a human being I have every right to express outrage about repeated terrorist attacks committed by Muslims. Of course, Christianity and Christian institutions were a menace to freedom and liberty about THREE HUNDRED YEARS AGO. I mean it's a lot safer to satirize and criticize Christians isn't it? Mocking Jesus isn't likely to get you killed in the same way that mocking Mohamed is.
Bust Nak wrote:I don't know what Harris said but the accusation does not ring true. There is plenty of disavowing and condemning Islam.
Yes, there are. They aren't liberals though. The so called regressive left are apologists for Islamic terrorism.
Bust Nak wrote:The Christianity bashing does not start until a Christian shows up to condemn Islam. (Or more typically, when they show up to condemn Muslims.)
I can condemn whoever I want to Bust Nak. When Muslims blow up a concert and run over people with trucks and shoot people and fly planes into buildings and chop off people's heads and throw acid in women's faces you can definitely bet that I will condemn it. Christians are not doing ANY of these things. Christians are not an existential threat to freedom and liberty. America is predominately Christian and it is the freest nation on Earth. The UK has an established protestant church and it is also a relatively free nation.

But go ahead and continue saying how the big bad Christians are just as worse Muslim terrorists.

Honest question Bust Nak. Can you understand the difference between opposing abortion and throwing acid in women's faces? Can you understand the difference between opposing gay marriage and knifing gay people?
Bust Nak wrote:Right, and Islam is going through theirs. It too will be humbled.
Is it? What significant progress has been made thus far in the Muslim community? 9/11 happened over a decade ago and Muslim terrorism still continues to plague the world. Radicalization within Islam has by no means been tempered, in fact it is growing at an alarming rate, partly due to liberals who try to apologize for and excuse their behavior.

Don't just take my word for it though Bust Nak. Go listen to people like Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris. They argue against Christianity just as much as you do, but they have the common sense to understand that Islam is much worse than Christianity.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #12

Post by Bust Nak »

WinePusher wrote: That's the typical reaction from people who are not liberals. If you watch American news, you will see that people who identify as liberal/democrat/progressive generally don't condemn Islam and are too scared to use the word "Islamic terrorism."
That's because they know better than to bring religion into the question because they themselves are religious.
What a weird comment. 20+ innocent people, many of them children. have just been brutally massacred and you think that I and other Christians are "trying to score points for Christianity."
Yes, with comments along the lines of "so called religion of peace" when it comes Christians. You don't get to call other people's religion out.
It really doesn't matter what my or your spiritual convictions are, as a human being I have every right to express outrage about repeated terrorist attacks committed by Muslims.
Condemn the person doing the crime, fine, just don't let me catch you mentioning their religion. That's exactly what leads to the "what about Christians" comment you were referring to.
Of course, Christianity and Christian institutions were a menace to freedom and liberty about THREE HUNDRED YEARS AGO. I mean it's a lot safer to satirize and criticize Christians isn't it? Mocking Jesus isn't likely to get you killed in the same way that mocking Mohamed is.
I'll give you that much. I've only been threaten with violence once for my views and it didn't come from a Christian.
Yes, there are. They aren't liberals though. The so called regressive left are apologists for Islamic terrorism.
Come on, even the liberal Muslims are condemning it.
I can condemn whoever I want to Bust Nak. When Muslims blow up a concert and run over people with trucks and shoot people and fly planes into buildings and chop off people's heads and throw acid in women's faces you can definitely bet that I will condemn it. Christians are not doing ANY of these things. Christians are not an existential threat to freedom and liberty. America is predominately Christian and it is the freest nation on Earth. The UK has an established protestant church and it is also a relatively free nation.
And you tell me you weren't trying to score points for Christianity.
But go ahead and continue saying how the big bad Christians are just as worse Muslim terrorists.
Would you accept that the big bad Christians WERE just as worse Muslim terrorists?
Honest question Bust Nak. Can you understand the difference between opposing abortion and throwing acid in women's faces? Can you understand the difference between opposing gay marriage and knifing gay people?
Yes and yes. There you go again telling people Christianity is better than Islam, and you wondered why I accused you and other Christians were trying to score points for Christianity.
Is it? What significant progress has been made thus far in the Muslim community? 9/11 happened over a decade ago and Muslim terrorism still continues to plague the world.
Can you tell me how long it took for Christian to grow up?
Radicalization within Islam has by no means been tempered, in fact it is growing at an alarming rate, partly due to liberals who try to apologize for and excuse their behavior.

Don't just take my word for it though Bust Nak. Go listen to people like Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris. They argue against Christianity just as much as you do, but they have the common sense to understand that Islam is much worse than Christianity.
You say that like I am not already aware of the threat of Islam.

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

Post #13

Post by ThePainefulTruth »

[Replying to post 1 by WinePusher]

I think which is worse, the fanatics that do this in the name of world conquest for Islam, or the liberals and Muslims who excuse and appease them?

WinePusher
Scholar

Post #14

Post by WinePusher »

WinePusher wrote:What a weird comment. 20+ innocent people, many of them children. have just been brutally massacred and you think that I and other Christians are "trying to score points for Christianity."
Bust Nak wrote:Yes, with comments along the lines of "so called religion of peace" when it comes Christians.
I think that Islam IS a religion of peace. I think that a significant portion of the Islamic community has perverted what Islam teaches, and that moderate Muslims are really the true representatives of the religion.
Bust Nak wrote:You don't get to call other people's religion out.
I'm not necessarily calling out the Muslim terrorists who are killing people, rather I'm calling out the morally confused so called "liberals" who are more scared of the big bad Christians and who cannot tell the difference between killing gay people and opposing gay marriage.
WinePusher wrote:It really doesn't matter what my or your spiritual convictions are, as a human being I have every right to express outrage about repeated terrorist attacks committed by Muslims.
Bust Nak wrote:Condemn the person doing the crime, fine, just don't let me catch you mentioning their religion. That's exactly what leads to the "what about Christians" comment you were referring to.
Are you suggesting that these terrorists don't kill because of their religion. They blowing up people for some other reasons?
WinePusher wrote:I can condemn whoever I want to Bust Nak. When Muslims blow up a concert and run over people with trucks and shoot people and fly planes into buildings and chop off people's heads and throw acid in women's faces you can definitely bet that I will condemn it. Christians are not doing ANY of these things. Christians are not an existential threat to freedom and liberty. America is predominately Christian and it is the freest nation on Earth. The UK has an established protestant church and it is also a relatively free nation.
Bust Nak wrote:And you tell me you weren't trying to score points for Christianity.
Honestly, try debating a little better. Try contributing a rebuttal that amounts to something more than just a empty, shallow one liner.

Out of every single religion in the world, the ONLY religion that is committing mass acts of terror are the Muslims. Just please, try to accept that fact. We're never going to solve the problem of Muslim terrorism when we have regressive liberals denying facts and reality.
WinePusher wrote:But go ahead and continue saying how the big bad Christians are just as worse Muslim terrorists.
Bust Nak wrote:Would you accept that the big bad Christians WERE just as worse Muslim terrorists?
Yea, how many times have I said that? Christianity went through several reformations and now cohabitates quite nicely with freedom and liberty. I made several points that you ignored. Is it cause you have no rebuttal?

America, the freest country in the world, is predominately Christian. The UK has an established protestant church and is a free nation. How does that jive with your morally confused belief that Christians are just as bad as Muslims?
WinePusher wrote:Honest question Bust Nak. Can you understand the difference between opposing abortion and throwing acid in women's faces? Can you understand the difference between opposing gay marriage and knifing gay people?
Bust Nak wrote:Yes and yes. There you go again telling people Christianity is better than Islam, and you wondered why I accused you and other Christians were trying to score points for Christianity.
Christianity is better than Islam in the sense that there isn't a significant portion of Christians throwing acid in womens faces and throwing gay people off of roofs and drowning people in the ocean and slicing peoples heads off.

It's so so sad that you can't recognize that.
WinePusher wrote:Is it? What significant progress has been made thus far in the Muslim community? 9/11 happened over a decade ago and Muslim terrorism still continues to plague the world.
Bust Nak wrote:Can you tell me how long it took for Christian to grow up?
Didn't you ever learn that answering a question with another question is really just a horrible way to debate? Why do you feel such a strong need to defend and apologize for Muslim terrorism? I asked what progress has been made since 9/11? Instead of giving an honest answer, you just try to excuse and defend Muslim terrorism by trying to shift the topic over to Christians, ie: "But but but what about the big bad Christians!!!!"

help3434
Guru

Post #15

Post by help3434 »

[Replying to post 5 by JoeyKnothead]

What is with all the whataboutism in your post? Why can't you just address the subject of the thread instead of bringing up totally irrelevant things and inanely accusing Winepusher of being a hypocrite?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 14:
WinePusher wrote: I think that Islam IS a religion of peace. I think that a significant portion of the Islamic community has perverted what Islam teaches, and that moderate Muslims are really the true representatives of the religion.
Y'all remember that the next time some radical Christian carries on about how others ain't "Christian".

What ain't radical about believing there's some dude up in the sky that cares about who we kiss?
WinePusher wrote: I'm not necessarily calling out the Muslim terrorists who are killing people, rather I'm calling out the morally confused so called "liberals" who are more scared of the big bad Christians and who cannot tell the difference between killing gay people and opposing gay marriage.
There's more Christians in my neck of the woods than there are Muslims.

My history indicates Christians are just as capable of terror as any other bunch.
WinePusher wrote: Are you suggesting that these terrorists don't kill because of their religion. They blowing up people for some other reasons?
While their religious beliefs play a huge role, we must also consider their psychology and other factors, as we do the same with those Christians who'd shoot abortion doctors. Or blow up Olympics Venues.
WinePusher wrote: Honestly, try debating a little better.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bust Nak is one of our premiere debaters, he can't help but to debate better'n the majority of folks here.

That one can't comprehend the value of Bust Nak's arguments is best indicative of their own inabilities.
WinePusher wrote: I can condemn whoever I want to Bust Nak. When Muslims blow up a concert and run over people with trucks and shoot people and fly planes into buildings and chop off people's heads and throw acid in women's faces you can definitely bet that I will condemn it. Christians are not doing ANY of these things. Christians are not an existential threat to freedom and liberty. America is predominately Christian and it is the freest nation on Earth. The UK has an established protestant church and it is also a relatively free nation.
And you tell me you weren't trying to score points for Christianity.
WinePusher wrote: Try contributing a rebuttal that amounts to something more than just a empty, shallow one liner.
Maybe if some'd try to comprehend a little better, he'd see he just got his argument scattered, smothered 'n covered.

And ain't even got him no milk to wash it down with!
WinePusher wrote: Out of every single religion in the world, the ONLY religion that is committing mass acts of terror are the Muslims. Just please, try to accept that fact. We're never going to solve the problem of Muslim terrorism when we have regressive liberals denying facts and reality.
Ah yes, since Christians typically act alone or in small groups, we shouldn't fret the misery they've caused this planet.

Adolph Hitler to the rescue!!!
WinePusher wrote: Yea, how many times have I said that? Christianity went through several reformations and now cohabitates quite nicely with freedom and liberty.
'Cept for that whole "Y'all use y'all this bathroom, and don't none of y'all have you no abortions, and don't none of y'all buy you no alcohol on Sunday, and don't none of y'all marry none of y'all the same one of some of y'all".

Christian terror is real, it's just gussied up as legislation.
WinePusher wrote: I made several points that you ignored. Is it cause you have no rebuttal?
Now I've made several points, let's see if you ignore 'em 'cause you ain't got you no rebuttaler.
WinePusher wrote: America, the freest country in the world, is predominately Christian.
And locks up the most folks of any of 'em.
WinePusher wrote: The UK has an established protestant church and is a free nation. How does that jive with your morally confused belief that Christians are just as bad as Muslims?
I don't excuse folks of my favored religion.
WinePusher wrote: Christianity is better than Islam in the sense that there isn't a significant portion of Christians throwing acid in womens faces and throwing gay people off of roofs and drowning people in the ocean and slicing peoples heads off.
Yet murder and other atrocities continue to be tools used by Christians.

"We can't be near bad as them, 'cause we ain't as good at it as they are" is a poor argument.
WinePusher wrote: It's so so sad that you can't recognize that.
Sadder still that you can't acknowledge the harm Christians cause today.
WinePusher wrote: Is it? What significant progress has been made thus far in the Muslim community? 9/11 happened over a decade ago and Muslim terrorism still continues to plague the world.
Can you tell me how long it took for Christian to grow up?
WinePusher wrote: Didn't you ever learn that answering a question with another question is really just a horrible way to debate?
You didn't!

Answering a question with a question is a time-honored way of addressing questions, regardless of how upset it makes an individual who expects himself to be exempt from his own criticism.
WinePusher wrote: Why do you feel such a strong need to defend and apologize for Muslim terrorism? I asked what progress has been made since 9/11?
I see no defending, nor apologizing for Muslim terrorism, and a good bunch of excuse making for Christian terrorism.
WinePusher wrote: Instead of giving an honest answer...
There ya go, accuse your opponent of nefarity, and act all victimy!
WinePusher wrote: you just try to excuse and defend Muslim terrorism by trying to shift the topic over to Christians, ie: "But but but what about the big bad Christians!!!!"
Exactly. When a Christian hypoctire appears, we owe it to that Christian to point out his hypocrisy, so that he might not never him accuse folks of the same crimes his own bunch done did!
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by JoeyKnothead »

help3434 wrote: [Replying to post 5 by JoeyKnothead]

What is with all the whataboutism in your post? Why can't you just address the subject of the thread instead of bringing up totally irrelevant things and inanely accusing Winepusher of being a hypocrite?
What is it with all the whatisitism in your post?

If you can refute (or defend) my position, have at it.

I'm not hear to be your tutor.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Why can't our theist commentators address the issue...

It's theism at the root of this, regardless of the brand.

"Well my folks quit doing them the mass killings, and set to the low scale killings" is as lame an excuse as me telling the pretty thing I couldn't eat me one more biscuit, 'cause I stole her pie off the windowsill.
-Punkinhead Martin

help3434
Guru

Post #19

Post by help3434 »

[Replying to post 17 by JoeyKnothead]

The OP is about terrorism NOW and immigration policy NOW. You post brought things that have nothing to do with that like WW2 and a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

People don't commit acts of terror in the name of generic theism. They commit terror for dogmatic ideology. Right now a disportionate amount of terror comes from the ideology of Islamism.

marco
Savant

Post #20

Post by marco »

WinePusher wrote:
So, I guess my question is, how do you personally feel when you turn on the news and you see that Muslims shot up 100+ people in Paris?
I feel remarkably unsafe.

There is a huge problem and part of it comes from verses in the Koran that can be taken as inciting violence against non-believers. Obviously there are brutes in every religion, and outside of it; but when murder is committed in Allah's name, without Allah making any audible protest, we should worry.

An obvious tactic would be for Muslims to erase verses from their Holy Book that are savagely opposed to humans who are not Muslim. That can't happen because God wrote the text. It is useless to assert he didn't or to state that it is an absurdity to think some angel frequented a cave in the Middle East to converse with an illiterate trader, some six centuries after the demise of Christ.

Were I writing four or five centuries ago I'd be worried about Christian terrorists. It took a very long time for humans to stop murdering old women because Yahweh said it wasn't good to let a witch live. Most of us don't have a great deal of time left on this Earth, and if we are to spend that time wondering if it's going to be curtailed by some lunatic, intent on having virgins after he dies, we should certainly explore the reasons why we are being terrorised. And ways to put a swift end to the threat! Perhaps we can locate likely places and communities where terrorists might breed. Can we do that? Or would that cause too much offence - perish the thought!