Was Jesus just a moral Teacher, and nothing more?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

BigChrisfilm
Apprentice

Was Jesus just a moral Teacher, and nothing more?

Post #1

Post by BigChrisfilm »

"I am trying here to prevent anyone from saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him [Jesus Christ]: "I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept his claim to be God." That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic -- on a level with a man who says he is a poached egg -- or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse .... You can shut him up for fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon; or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that option open to us. He did not intend to.” - C.S. Lewis

oldbadger
Guru

Re: Was Jesus just a moral Teacher, and nothing more?

Post #81

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:09 pm
I've never heard a non-messianic Jew ever say that he and the FATHER were ONE. They don't even like to say G-d. And JESUS condemned the Pharisees because of their hypocrisy.
How many Jews do you listen to?
The Pharisees were not representative of the Jewish people, nor even the Temple priesthood.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #82

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:49 am
I've never heard a non-messianic Jew ever say that he and the FATHER were ONE. They don't even like to say G-d. And JESUS condemned the Pharisees because of their hypocrisy.
The Pharisees were not representative of the Jewish people, nor even the Temple priesthood.
Why, what is wrong with Jews? JESUS HIMSELF came into this world to Jewish parents. However, you may wish to consider the following: https://www.gotquestions.org/Sadducees-Pharisees.html

oldbadger
Guru

Post #83

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:47 am
Why, what is wrong with Jews? JESUS HIMSELF came into this world to Jewish parents. However, you may wish to consider the following: https://www.gotquestions.org/Sadducees-Pharisees.html
Jesus was a Jew himself!

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #84

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:13 am
LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:47 am
Jesus was a Jew himself!
JESUS/MESSIAH was/is also the CREATOR of the entire UNIVERSE.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #85

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 am

So it was Jesus who killed all those babies on that night on Egypt?
And he is master of billions and billions of galaxies, even more universes beyond this one, with exploding suns and giant black holes?
And he came to Earth to save a few humans and destroy all the rest in eternal agony?
Really?
I really think that is an insult to the person that was Jesus. Honestly.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #86

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:18 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 am

So it was Jesus who killed all those babies on that night on Egypt?
And he is master of billions and billions of galaxies, even more universes beyond this one, with exploding suns and giant black holes?
And he came to Earth to save a few humans and destroy all the rest in eternal agony?
Really?
I really think that is an insult to the person that was Jesus. Honestly.
Their Egyptian gods were not helpful to save them, were they? Better to save a few who wish to be saved then to save no one at all. JESUS came to do what GOD could only do. One cannot expect more than that. How many have you saved? Oh, by the way, the first born were not limited to babies, nor humans.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #87

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:34 pm
Their Egyptian gods were not helpful to save them, were they? Better to save a few who wish to be saved then to save no one at all. JESUS came to do what GOD could only do. One cannot expect more than that. How many have you saved? Oh, by the way, the first born were not limited to babies, nor humans.
There are many strange beliefs out there.
That you believe all those things is just interesting, but it's a good idea to always point out that these are your beliefs.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #88

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:04 am
LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:34 pm
There are many strange beliefs out there.
That you believe all those things is just interesting, but it's a good idea to always point out that these are your beliefs.
My wish is that evolutionists would be so agreeable.