Your very own usergroup

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Your very own usergroup

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Now, you can have your very own usergroup. Post in this thread the name that you'd like. I'll make sure the name conforms to the standards of this site and deduct 2500 tokens from you. Then, you'll be the owner and member of that usergroup. By default, people will be able to freely join your group. Or you can choose to confirm membership requests.

To request your personal usergroup, provide the following:
- Name of usergroup (40 character limit)
- Description (255 character limit)
- Note if you want to confirm membership from others (default will be no)

For an additional charge of 10,000 tokens, you can also have your own subforum for your usergroup. Please provide the following info:
- Name of usergroup (40 character limit)
- Description (80 character limit)

Subforum activity requirement:
- Subforums must maintain some activity in it. Subforums that do not have any activity for six months can get removed (posts made to simply bump threads do not count). There will be no refunds given for any subforums removed.

Additional restrictions:
- Do not add people to your group without their permission. Otherwise I will delete your group.
- Descriptions cannot point to personal websites. If a link is found to point to inappropriate and/or offensive material, the group will be deleted.

1/3/2011 Modification:
- Changed group price from 500 to 1000 tokens
- Changed subforum price from 2000 to 5000 tokens

1/12/2013 Modification:
- Added subforum activity requirement

12/31/2016 Modification:
- Changed group price from 1000 to 2500 tokens
- Changed subforum price from 5000 to 10,000 tokens
Last edited by otseng on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Jester
Prodigy

Re: Your very own usergroup

Post #91

Post by Jester »

There is a surprisingly long list of good things about loosing a debate (not the least of which is a bit of enlightenment). I'd love to join the "Admits Mistakes" group. Here is an example of my aknowleding a clear error in my arguments.
We must continually ask ourselves whether victory has become more central to our goals than truth.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #92

Post by McCulloch »

Jester wrote:There is a surprisingly long list of good things about loosing a debate (not the least of which is a bit of enlightenment). I'd love to join the "Admits Mistakes" group. Here is an example of my aknowleding a clear error in my arguments.
Done. And as an added bonus, you can have a free grammar lesson.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Jester
Prodigy

Post #93

Post by Jester »

McCulloch wrote:Done. And as an added bonus, you can have a free grammar lesson.
Ah, grammar: the bane of my writing existence. It's hard to sound pithy when you don't actually know how to put a sentence together. ](*,)
I suppose I should go over the enitre site.
We must continually ask ourselves whether victory has become more central to our goals than truth.

G-dspeed
Student

Post #94

Post by G-dspeed »

I would like to create a group called "Science of the bible supporter"
This group is for those who are of a scientific mind of all disciplines and acknowledge the underlying scientific principles behind some of the occurences in the bible, i.e description of the hydrologic cycle, principles of galatic gravitational forces, parting of various seas/rivers, long days, fires from heaven, so on and so forth.

Thats not to say that those who join this group must resign any shred of miraculous or supernatural internvetion in these events. The group is more or less for those who see things from a scientific approach as well as spiritual.

I would like a forum as well but I dont guess I have enough credits. (hope this didnt go over the limit)

otseng
Savant

Post #95

Post by otseng »

G-dspeed wrote:I would like to create a group called "Science of the bible supporter"
Group created. 500 tokens charged.

open mind
Student

Post #96

Post by open mind »

I would like to create a group for pantheists, called pantheists.

Description- anyone who believes that everything is of an all-encompassing immanent abstract God, or that the Universe, or nature, and God are equivalent.
Belief in a God that is abstract rather than a personal, creative deity or deities of any kind.

Tokens- no cost

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #97

Post by McCulloch »

open mind wrote:I would like to create a group for pantheists, called pantheists.

Description- anyone who believes that everything is of an all-encompassing immanent abstract God, or that the Universe, or nature, and God are equivalent.
Belief in a God that is abstract rather than a personal, creative deity or deities of any kind.

Tokens- no cost
The group has been created. Your tokens have been adjusted. You are the group administrator.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

upallnite
Sage

Post #98

Post by upallnite »

Group: Military

Description: Anyone that has joined the military of any country. This is for military branches of recognized countries. Includes all those not currently in the military. This does not include the Hair Force, Chair Born Rangers, Marina Corp, mall security,"my daddy was a _____", or a small town malitia.

Cost: Only those that have joined the military know what the freedom to join this group really cost!

otseng
Savant

Post #99

Post by otseng »

upallnite wrote:Group: Military
Group created and 500 tokens deducted.

Assent
Scholar

Post #100

Post by Assent »

Ah, at last I have enough.

Group Name: One Who Belongs Nowhere

Description: If you find yourself thinking, "Well, I like some of what they say, but..." then this might be the place for you. If you are willing to search for answers wherever they may be found, this might be the place for you.

Cost: None, but I may ask you for something other than tokens.