Which world do you want to be born in?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

Like everybody else atheist have to think some things through before they put children into the world, because it is not everybody (if any) that wants to be born in a godless world.

Could there not come an interesting conversation out of this question?

Do you want to be born in a world were God is going to put someone in a state of pain forever?

Can we refrain from putting children into the world?

But then they will miss out on all the fun...hmm...war, strife and all such things? Diseases? Suffering? Death? What do they miss out on? The stars in the sky? What about the blind ones? Soccer? What about those whitout legs? You? What about me :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Which world do you want to be born in?

Post #2

Post by ttruscott »

Waterfall wrote:Which world do you want to be born in?

Do you want to be born in a world were God is going to put someone in a state of pain forever?

Would you rather be created with no free will and therefore no possibility of evil and suffering or with a free will that allows evil to be chosen and the consequences of suffering and pain may exist?

IF you were God and wanted to create others, would you rather give them no free will so there was no possibility of evil but also no possibility of a real loving pair bood either,

or would you rather create them with a free will so you could have a loving relationship with all those who decided to not reject your wooing of them even though some might create evil and perhaps even eternal suffering by rejecting you?
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Waterfall »

ttruscott wrote:

Would you rather be created with no free will and therefore no possibility of evil and suffering or with a free will that allows evil to be chosen and the consequences of suffering and pain may exist?

IF you were God and wanted to create others, would you rather give them no free will so there was no possibility of evil but also no possibility of a real loving pair bood either,

or would you rather create them with a free will so you could have a loving relationship with all those who decided to not reject your wooing of them even though some might create evil and perhaps even eternal suffering by rejecting you?
I want to be born in a world where we are capable of learning to do good.

Does reincarnation violate our free will?

If you do not want to reincarnate and participate in the strugle then you can stay in the other world...but when all your friends are going down here...what will you do?

Someday we will leave this world forever...

[youtube][/youtube]

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #4

Post by Bust Nak »

ttruscott wrote: Would you rather be created with no free will and therefore no possibility of evil and suffering or with a free will that allows evil to be chosen and the consequences of suffering and pain may exist?
The former, but preferable still is being created with a free will that allows evil to be chosen without the possibility of suffering and pain.

The former, but preferable still I would rather give them a free will so I could have a loving relationship with all, and no possibility of evil.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by ttruscott »

Waterfall wrote:
ttruscott wrote:

Ahhh, sums up the goal of Christianity bringing the elect out of their sins into holy righteousness...
If we are controlled by (can't resist) our dna, our family and cultural values, then we have no free will. Does reincarnation solve that somehow?
If you do not want to reincarnate and participate in the struggle then you can stay in the other world...but when all your friends are going down here...what will you do?
This does not sound like a statement of philosophy to me but more like an emotionally based bit of fear mongering... Neither do I know where "down there" is.

IF there is reincarnation, it is only for the tares, not the sinful good seed who are the people of the kingdom. Neither is there any salvation to be found in multiple lives as outside of Christ's death for Christians there can be no salvation as we accept our total enslavement to sin cannot be broken except by the grace of GOD through faith in the death of HIS Son.

Which form of reincarnation do you espouse?
Yes, indeed, we all will for sure. But we may not all go to the same place with the same experience of YHWH.

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #6

Post by Waterfall »

ttruscott wrote:
Waterfall wrote:
ttruscott wrote:

Ahhh, sums up the goal of Christianity bringing the elect out of their sins into holy righteousness...
If we are controlled by (can't resist) our dna, our family and cultural values, then we have no free will. Does reincarnation solve that somehow?
If you do not want to reincarnate and participate in the struggle then you can stay in the other world...but when all your friends are going down here...what will you do?
This does not sound like a statement of philosophy to me but more like an emotionally based bit of fear mongering... Neither do I know where "down there" is.

IF there is reincarnation, it is only for the tares, not the sinful good seed who are the people of the kingdom. Neither is there any salvation to be found in multiple lives as outside of Christ's death for Christians there can be no salvation as we accept our total enslavement to sin cannot be broken except by the grace of GOD through faith in the death of HIS Son.

Which form of reincarnation do you espouse?
Yes, indeed, we all will for sure. But we may not all go to the same place with the same experience of YHWH.
I would include everybody in that statement.

But I am not sure about it - I am searching for the best statement.

Whit regard to our free will, then I was just saying that we make choises based on something, so it was just a way of saying that.

Whit regard to reincarnation then I can point to this text.

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-e03.htm

This revelation was given to us in 1920.

According to this book (or a supplement to it callt "question and answers"...given to us in 1930) the human body was created about 5.000.000 years ago.

This seems to be more in compliance whit reality.

Maybe the rest is true to.

That would be nice for everybody, right?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by ttruscott »

Waterfall wrote:Whit regard to our free will, then I was just saying that we make choises based on something, so it was just a way of saying that.
There is a great difference between free will and our earthly ability to choose between desires when we are bound by dna, family and cultural values and are enslaved by the addictive mental clouding and suppression of our abilities by personal sin.
vandrermodlyset wrote:To the dogmatic, the fanatical and to the narrow-minded human beings and those to whom young and undeveloped spirits have been bound, the thought will in all likelihood occur that this book is the work of Antichrist (Satan or his emissary).
This blatant attempt to signal superiority by defining all who would argue against him as dogmatic, fanatical and narrow minded undeveloped youth is laughable in its transparency. I am 70 years old, and have studied religion for all of my life, not just Christianity, and I conclude from the rest of this essay that this essay is indeed anti-Christian and as he suggests must therefore be Satanic.

It is not just that he presents one false strawhorse concept but that his whole pov is a woven fabric of false definitions about Christianity that to take the time to refute his stance would be onerous.

Look at his rendering of the Christian God as "He who hitherto has appeared in the human consciousness as the creator of the imperfect human body..." This is so far removed from the Christian context that sinners were given bodies that reflected their sinful choices and that the angels reap the bodily benefits of choosing to be holy as to be nonsense. It is like the paragraph depicting a mad man cutting and flaying his innocent victims, breaking their bones and cutting out their hearts without mentioning that the person is a doctor performing a heart transplant. His truth might seem transparent but it lacks context to be able to manipulate.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #8

Post by Waterfall »

ttruscott wrote:
Waterfall wrote:Whit regard to our free will, then I was just saying that we make choises based on something, so it was just a way of saying that.
There is a great difference between free will and our earthly ability to choose between desires when we are bound by dna, family and cultural values and are enslaved by the addictive mental clouding and suppression of our abilities by personal sin.
vandrermodlyset wrote:To the dogmatic, the fanatical and to the narrow-minded human beings and those to whom young and undeveloped spirits have been bound, the thought will in all likelihood occur that this book is the work of Antichrist (Satan or his emissary).
This blatant attempt to signal superiority by defining all who would argue against him as dogmatic, fanatical and narrow minded undeveloped youth is laughable in its transparency. I am 70 years old, and have studied religion for all of my life, not just Christianity, and I conclude from the rest of this essay that this essay is indeed anti-Christian and as he suggests must therefore be Satanic.

It is not just that he presents one false strawhorse concept but that his whole pov is a woven fabric of false definitions about Christianity that to take the time to refute his stance would be onerous.

Look at his rendering of the Christian God as "He who hitherto has appeared in the human consciousness as the creator of the imperfect human body..." This is so far removed from the Christian context that sinners were given bodies that reflected their sinful choices and that the angels reap the bodily benefits of choosing to be holy as to be nonsense. It is like the paragraph depicting a mad man cutting and flaying his innocent victims, breaking their bones and cutting out their hearts without mentioning that the person is a doctor performing a heart transplant. His truth might seem transparent but it lacks context to be able to manipulate.
What am I bound of?

I have 2 legs, 2 arms and 1 head.

Someday I will leave this body and return to my home.

Are you saying this body is perfect?

What are we to do when we sin? Sacrifice a beautiful bird? Give the priest money?

You ask me about reincarnation and I gave you a text to consider...was the comparison not accurate? Or did you find that we do not reincarnate in animals, stones and plants to be way out?

If we are going to fight then let me put some music on first :tongue:

[youtube][/youtube]