How long before you can no longer edit a post?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

jgh7

How long before you can no longer edit a post?

Post #1

Post by jgh7 »

Sorry if this information is given elsewhere on the site, I just don't know.

Mainly, I'd like to update certain posts of mine with further information that other users have provided, and I'd like to know the timeframe in which I can do so.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

It's currently set to 2 hours.

viewtopic.php?t=4033

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: How long before you can no longer edit a post?

Post #3

Post by JP Cusick »

jgh7 wrote: Sorry if this information is given elsewhere on the site, I just don't know.

Mainly, I'd like to update certain posts of mine with further information that other users have provided, and I'd like to know the timeframe in which I can do so.
I see 2 hours as plenty of time for editing, and I will only edit severe mistakes.

I certainly do not go back and read over old comments so if you really want to add info then create a new comment and then it will be seen as new info.

Some times I will quote one of my old comments into a new comment and then give the new info because then it will be seen.

When other people make their comments then it is often based on the previous comments, so if you change an old past comment with new info then that would make the following comments to look uninformed and that would not be cool.

I do say that it might be an improvement if after editing that the comment would display somewhere that = This comment was edited date and time.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian: