1 Samuel 30:13

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

rstrats
Scholar

1 Samuel 30:13

Post #1

Post by rstrats »

The Egyptian slave said that he had taken ill 3 days ago. If it had been a Thursday when he made the comment, on what day was he taken ill?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

rstrats wrote: Does anyone know what JehovahsWitness is saying? I don't see how Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday can even be in the running.
I explained what is in the reasoning (read the sentences before the day on the week which is typed in bold). As I said, they are all possibilities depending on how one is counting and what the starting time is.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: 1 Samuel 30:13

Post #12

Post by ttruscott »

rstrats wrote: The Egyptian slave said that he had taken ill 3 days ago. If it had been a Thursday when he made the comment, on what day was he taken ill?
Dang, I just can't find a theological reason to care...

???
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

rstrats
Scholar

Re: 1 Samuel 30:13

Post #13

Post by rstrats »

ttruscott,
re: "???"

Could you elaborate on that?

rstrats
Scholar

Post #14

Post by rstrats »

The Egyptian slave said that he had taken ill 3 days ago. I asked if it had been a Thursday when he made the comment, on what day was he taken ill? McCulloch wrote: "If he had said, 'my master left me behind when I fell sick one day ago', we would have no difficulty determining that he meant Wednesday. If he had said, 'my master left me behind when I fell sick two days ago', he clearly meant Tuesday. So when he says, 'my master left me behind when I fell sick three days ago', he means Monday".

I would say that would be the correct understanding. But what if the Egyptian instead had said: "Today (Thursday) is the third day since I took ill". Would he still be referring to Monday as the day that he became ill?