Why do you not accept Islam?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Why do you not accept Islam?

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

What reasons do any here have to reject Islam?

Is Islam the most accurate representation of god?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Savant

Re: Why do you not accept Islam?

Post #71

Post by 1213 »

marco wrote: ...Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son.....
It would be good to understand and know, Bible doesn’t mention word �trinity�. And also, Bible says Jesus was a messenger/mediator of God.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
1 Timothy 2:5

Jesus therefore answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself.

John 7:16-17

But Bible tells that people can become children of God. When they are born anew from the Spirit of God.

Jesus answered him, "Most assuredly, I tell you, unless one is born anew, he can't see the Kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" Jesus answered, "Most assuredly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God! That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Don't marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born anew.'
John 3:3-7

That means, person is born anew, when God’s Spirit causes change in persons mind so that he becomes righteous.

…Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

By this definition Jesus was a son of God. But it is not similar thing as biological son, which I think Muslims and Jews are speaking. And if their understanding is on that low level, I believe it is not from the one and only true God, because it proves they don’t either know, or understand what the Bible and Jesus says.

dio9
Under Probation

Post #72

Post by dio9 »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 56 by dio9]

It is not clear to you.
Or are you better than the multitudes?

If a divine perfect creature made it clear, it would be clear to the genocidal Christians who it was also clear to, or do you think they didn't understand?

Who ascribes better? Christians responsible for entire CONTINENTS worth of genocides (Africa, the America's, Australia) or Muslims who have only been successful a handful of times?

Who UNDERSTANDS better?
Not any better you too can have a sense of the divine if you stop repressing it with the delusion of intelectualization .

Willum
Savant

Post #73

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 72 by dio9]

Huh?
Deliberately making this personal in order to avoid two things:
Muslims are far less violent (fewer successful genocides) than Christians and

If Christians had understanding of the principals, they would obey them...

You, or any individual may claim it, but the only way to prove it is to be in the same situations as your genocidal religious forefathers, to see how they would behave.

I don't foresee any miracles.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #74

Post by The Nice Centurion »

1213 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:29 pm
DanieltheDragon wrote: What reasons do any here have to reject Islam?

Muslims basically worship a stone in the desert. I wouldn’t keep any stone as my God, because I don’t think it is reasonable.
But a schitzophrene god who has three personalitys, while one of the three again splits into two personalitys (full god AND full human) - Thats perfectly reasonable for you ?
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Savant

Post #75

Post by 1213 »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:35 am

Muslims basically worship a stone in the desert. I wouldn’t keep any stone as my God, because I don’t think it is reasonable.
But a schitzophrene god who has three personalitys, while one of the three again splits into two personalitys (full god AND full human) - Thats perfectly reasonable for you ?
I believe in what the Bible tells. Bible doesn't say God is schizophrenic with three personalities.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #76

1213 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:28 am
The Nice Centurion wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:35 am

I believe in what the Bible tells. Bible doesn't say God is schizophrenic with three personalities.
So you concede that the Trinity is not biblical ???
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Savant

Post #77

Post by 1213 »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:46 am So you concede that the Trinity is not biblical ???
I don't think I have ever said it is Biblical. It is not, Bible doesn't even have the word Trinity.

But, obviously this also depends on what is meant with Trinity. Bible has God, Jesus and Holy Spirit, if you call that Trinity, without any non-Biblical meanings, then it is not wrong. However Trinity has meanings that are not in the Bible, which is why I think it is not right.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #78

Post by Difflugia »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:46 am
1213 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:28 amI believe in what the Bible tells. Bible doesn't say God is schizophrenic with three personalities.
So you concede that the Trinity is not biblical ???
There are a number of consistent non-trinitarians here. 1213 is one of them.

On a somewhat related note, if you want to actually have a conversation about something, maybe post a debate question instead of tacking one-liners onto posts from five years ago.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #79

[Replying to Difflugia in post #78]
Sure thing, and thanks for the info.

But firstly: my first post in this thread was no oneliner.

Secondly: I find it rather bad strategy if we have too many threads with the same debate question.
So it might not be a bad decision to rather find a thread that already has this OP question and hooking up with it.

Even though that was not the case here.