IS THE END OF THE WORLD NIGH?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Who will start a military exchange first?

Un will be pre-emptive
No votes
Trump will be pre-emptive
67%
There will be no military action
33%

Total votes: 3

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

IS THE END OF THE WORLD NIGH?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Like seven-year-olds on the school playground, Trump and Un are trading (serious?) threats across the big pond. The size of their missiles are inversely proportional to the size of their penises, that's why they are so mouthey (braggadocio fills in for their missing tissue).

So, will this be the end: Un throws a missile at Guam. Trump throws maybe two at Pyongyang. China and Un fill the skies with nukes heading east and south before leveling Seoul and Tokyo. The US retaliates in kind (maybe not so kind).

Oh, well, it's been a wonderful life. Wish I'd done more about building that fallout shelter.

Of course, like seven-year-olds, these threats may be filled with helium and do not go beyond the playground. Let's hope so.

What do you think? Would Hillary handle this crisis differently?

bluethread
Savant

Post #2

Post by bluethread »

How do you suggest one should address a bully with a bottle of gasoline on the playground, who is threatening people with it, especially after people in the past have told him he can have the gasoline as long as he doesn't use to hurt other people? It seems a little late to say pretty please, if you ask me.

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: IS THE END OF THE WORLD NIGH?

Post #3

Post by JP Cusick »

2Dbunk wrote: IS THE END OF THE WORLD NIGH?
My perspective is that Russia might take the initiative with a decisive first strike and cripple the USA into surrender and put an end to power of the evil American empire.

There are ways to cripple the USA defenses with a first strike in space where we would no longer be able to retaliate, and Russia surely has been planning this for many long years.

The North Korean problem just demonstrates how ignorantly dangerous the USA can be, and the USA is the aggressor and the USA has always been the antagonist since WWII, and the USA was a bully Country long before President Trump took that to new heights.

We the USA had no right to start the Korean war, and after the armistice it was again the USA that broke the treaty, and we broke the Korean armistice by putting American nuclear weapons into our puppet state of South Korea.

In Russia the American propaganda is not so well received as it is so blindly embraced by USA officials.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Monta
Guru

Post #4

Post by Monta »

bluethread wrote:
How do you suggest one should address a bully with a bottle of gasoline on the playground, who is threatening people with it, especially after people in the past have told him he can have the gasoline as long as he doesn't use to hurt other people? It seems a little late to say pretty please, if you ask me.

Majority of the world is aware of what's going on and how frightening it is and they speak loud and clear.
Of all people on earth people in America (and Australia) are least informed because they keep their head in the bucket and don't read the other side. There's no excuse we have internet.

I was going to say if American people demostrated loud and clear.. but it did not help with Iraq did it.

Too many insane people with power that's the problem imo.

bluethread
Savant

Post #5

Post by bluethread »

Monta wrote:
bluethread wrote:

Majority of the world is aware of what's going on and how frightening it is and they speak loud and clear.
Of all people on earth people in America (and Australia) are least informed because they keep their head in the bucket and don't read the other side. There's no excuse we have internet.

I was going to say if American people demostrated loud and clear.. but it did not help with Iraq did it.

Too many insane people with power that's the problem imo.
I don't understand. Iraq is no where near being a nuclear threat. In that regard, removing Saddam, appears to have worked pretty well. In other ways, not so much. However, giving in to extortion by giving large sums of money to Iran and PDRK in exchange for promises has not really had much effect on their nuclear programs.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 2 by bluethread]
I see; gentle diplomacy over the years, as patronizing as it probably was, was NOT the way to handle this obsessed family. Those efforts to nip in the bud nuclear capabilities were obviously fruitless -- kind of like an evangelist trying to convert me. In either event those above efforts had a positive motive. . . not harmful destruction.

Do you think we are now beyond diplomacy? Trump thinks so. With his rhetoric he is rushing us toward Armageddon. And what will he do if Un does throw a missile at Guam? If his handlers can retain him from physical retaliation (AND THAT IS A BIG IF), doing nothing might be the ticket. Then, if Un throws a missile somewhere else, I think big brother China might move in and take his toys away . . . settling the issue once and for all.

So Donald, let's be cool about this . . . keep cool, man . . . keep cool. Don't take the bait!
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

bluethread
Savant

Post #7

Post by bluethread »

2Dbunk wrote:
Do you think we are now beyond diplomacy? Trump thinks so. With his rhetoric he is rushing us toward Armageddon. And what will he do if Un does throw a missile at Guam? If his handlers can retain him from physical retaliation (AND THAT IS A BIG IF), doing nothing might be the ticket. Then, if Un throws a missile somewhere else, I think big brother China might move in and take his toys away . . . settling the issue once and for all.

So Donald, let's be cool about this . . . keep cool, man . . . keep cool. Don't take the bait!
Who says that Trump thinks that? Why isn't what he is doing diplomacy? How much information do you have? How do you know that his rhetoric will push us toward Armageddon? By the way the valley of Megiddo is in Israel, not Guam. Do you think the Arab states will use this as an excuse to invade Israel? If so how? What makes you think that China is going to restrain DPRK? In short, you sure seem to act like you know a whole lot about foreign policy. How is it you know these things?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by McCulloch »

Just a small note on propriety. The leader of North Korea is Kim Jong-un. Being a Korean name; the family name is Kim. If you refer to Donald Trump as Trump then you should then refer to Kim Jong-un as Kim. His father's name was Kim Jong-il. Kim Jong-il's father's name was Kim Il-sung.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

bluethread
Savant

Post #9

Post by bluethread »

McCulloch wrote: Just a small note on propriety. The leader of North Korea is Kim Jong-un. Being a Korean name; the family name is Kim. If you refer to Donald Trump as Trump then you should then refer to Kim Jong-un as Kim. His father's name was Kim Jong-il. Kim Jong-il's father's name was Kim Il-sung.
You mean it is not appropriate to refer to him as Li'l Kim, the pot bellied dictator? What do you think of Bush pronouncing Saddam as Sad-Damn? Does that count as diplomacy?

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 8 by McCulloch]
Just a small note on propriety. The leader of North Korea is Kim Jong-un. Being a Korean name; the family name is Kim. If you refer to Donald Trump as Trump then you should then refer to Kim Jong-un as Kim. His father's name was Kim Jong-il. Kim Jong-il's father's name was Kim Il-sung.
Ooops, Me guilty of a lot of un-diplomatic addressing here, but, you know, I don't give a ______. My life and world hangs in the balance of two lunatics . . . maybe I won't apologize to you, Dim dong-duh, or Donald Duck!

Bluethread said:
Who says that Trump thinks that?
Because he said "that we are beyond diplomacy with North Korea" in a speech several months ago (the exact wording was something like that).
Why isn't what he is doing diplomacy? How much information do you have? How do you know that his rhetoric will push us toward Armageddon?
"FIRE AND FURY LIKE THE WORLD HAS NEVER KNOWN. . . " sounds like Armageddon to me!
By the way the valley of Megiddo is in Israel, not Guam. Do you think the Arab states will use this as an excuse to invade Israel? If so how? What makes you think that China is going to restrain DPRK?
Pardon me but I'm lost on your last. Megiddo who? I've been to Guam several times and have never seen this name -- maybe some people by that name live there?
In short, you sure seem to act like you know a whole lot about foreign policy. How is it you know these things?
I read a lot. I've traveled a lot (but I've never been to the holy lands . . . except thru reading Twain's "Innocents Abroad."
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.