IS THE END OF THE WORLD NIGH?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Who will start a military exchange first?

Un will be pre-emptive
No votes
Trump will be pre-emptive
67%
There will be no military action
33%

Total votes: 3

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

IS THE END OF THE WORLD NIGH?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Like seven-year-olds on the school playground, Trump and Un are trading (serious?) threats across the big pond. The size of their missiles are inversely proportional to the size of their penises, that's why they are so mouthey (braggadocio fills in for their missing tissue).

So, will this be the end: Un throws a missile at Guam. Trump throws maybe two at Pyongyang. China and Un fill the skies with nukes heading east and south before leveling Seoul and Tokyo. The US retaliates in kind (maybe not so kind).

Oh, well, it's been a wonderful life. Wish I'd done more about building that fallout shelter.

Of course, like seven-year-olds, these threats may be filled with helium and do not go beyond the playground. Let's hope so.

What do you think? Would Hillary handle this crisis differently?

bluethread
Savant

Post #11

Post by bluethread »

2Dbunk wrote:
Who says that Trump thinks that?
Because he said "that we are beyond diplomacy with North Korea" in a speech several months ago (the exact wording was something like that).
Yet, he appoints people to perform diplomatic functions, who say that they are examining every diplomatic option. I guess once Trump says something, that can never changed.
Why isn't what he is doing diplomacy? How much information do you have? How do you know that his rhetoric will push us toward Armageddon?
"FIRE AND FURY LIKE THE WORLD HAS NEVER KNOWN. . . " sounds like Armageddon to me!
By the way the valley of Megiddo is in Israel, not Guam. Do you think the Arab states will use this as an excuse to invade Israel? If so how? What makes you think that China is going to restrain DPRK?
Pardon me but I'm lost on your last. Megiddo who? I've been to Guam several times and have never seen this name -- maybe some people by that name live there?
In short, you sure seem to act like you know a whole lot about foreign policy. How is it you know these things?
I read a lot. I've traveled a lot (but I've never been to the holy lands . . . except thru reading Twain's "Innocents Abroad."
Well, one doesn't have to go to Israel to know that HaMeggido is the valley in Israel where the final battle between Adonai's people and the nations is to take place. That is transliterated into Armageddon in English. That said, I think that the president has access to more intelligence than either of us. Many thought that JFK was going to start WWIII when he confronted the USSR in the Cuban missile crisis. Many also thought Regan was doing the same when he walked out of the SALT talks in Reykjavik. Both turned out to be good moves. I don't know whether you have heard of gun boat diplomacy, but it has been used to great effect many times in the past. Two things I admire about Trump is his "I'm taking nothing off the table." and "I'm not going to tell our enemies what I am going to do." policies.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 11 by bluethread]
Yet, he appoints people to perform diplomatic functions, who say that they are examining every diplomatic option. I guess once Trump says something, that can never changed.
Trump Has appointed people but does he listen to them? They are a voice of moderation but he does not confirm their voice. Often he proclaims "I'm president and they aren't." Oh, and when he does say something, often what he said changes: "I'm going to repeal and replace ObamaCare the first day in office . . . the first hour . . . believe me!" Or "I'm going to lock her up on day one . . . you'll see," Or . . . (the list goes on and on and . . .)

Well, one doesn't have to go to Israel to know that HaMeggido is the valley in Israel where the final battle between Adonai's people and the nations is to take place. That is transliterated into Armageddon in English.
Thanks for the clarification -- it sounded more like an Asian-minor sandwich. You fail to realize that many if not most on this forum are not versed in the Bible as well as you.
That said, I think that the president has access to more intelligence than either of us.
Yes, he has some very good advisers, much more intelligent than he, but does he listen to their wisdom? It is laughable if it weren't so sad that he may be as ignorant on affairs (other than money) as his 'deplorable' base. He's made so many mis-statements about history and current events that people no longer count them.
Many thought that JFK was going to start WWIII when he confronted the USSR in the Cuban missile crisis. Many also thought Regan was doing the same when he walked out of the SALT talks in Reykjavik. Both turned out to be good moves.
You are comparing a buffoon with two giants of the last century. I see you lapped up what he said when he compared himself to be a close second to Abraham Lincoln.
I don't know whether you have heard of gun boat diplomacy, but it has been used to great effect many times in the past. Two things I admire about Trump is his "I'm taking nothing off the table." and "I'm not going to tell our enemies what I am going to do." policies.
We'll soon see how much he takes off the table concerning this crisis he's managed to create. I do believe he's told North Korea exactly what he's going to do if Jong-un keeps threatening the USA (by the way, Jong-un added Guam as a target AFTER Trump uttered that ultimatum -- so much for the Donald's empty rhetoric!

But don't worry -- chatter in back-channels is way up, indicating that a solution will be found that will deter this potential hype, and the two lunatics will save face. Count on Trump claiming victory . . . then comparing his 'STAND' to be comparable to JFK's Cuban missile stand.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: IS THE END OF THE WORLD NIGH?

Post #13

Post by myth-one.com »

2Dbunk wrote:Like seven-year-olds on the school playground, Trump and Un are trading (serious?) threats across the big pond. The size of their missiles are inversely proportional to the size of their penises, that's why they are so mouthey (braggadocio fills in for their missing tissue).

So, will this be the end: Un throws a missile at Guam. Trump throws maybe two at Pyongyang. China and Un fill the skies with nukes heading east and south before leveling Seoul and Tokyo. The US retaliates in kind (maybe not so kind).
I think Kim said he would throw four missiles off the coast of Guam towards the end of this month.

He did not say they would be armed -- or did he?

Personally, I hope he throws all of his missiles in the ocean near Guam.

Good solution.
2Dbunk wrote:Of course, like seven-year-olds, these threats may be filled with helium and do not go beyond the playground. Let's hope so.
Some estimates now put the number of N. Korean nuclear weapons at sixty. There's probably some hysteria in this estimate. But anyway, he has a few.

I've always wondered why the fuss over ICBMs?

If I couldn't reach a target with the weapons I had, my first idea would be to move closer to the target. That would be with subs or even surface ships camoflaged as commercial vessels.

Indeed, in some of the videos of their successful missile tests, the missile was ignited after being popped out of a vertical tube. That's how submarine launched missiles work.

If commercial N. Korean fishing vessels (large enough to hold medium range missiles and launchers) began appearing in international waters 300 miles off our coasts, what should we do?
2Dbunk wrote:What do you think? Would Hillary handle this crisis differently?
Oh absolutely!!

She would have formed a government!!

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 13 by myth-one.com]
I think Kim said he would throw four missiles off the coast of Guam towards the end of this month.

You are correct, the missiles would be thrown toward Guam . . . hopefully not armed.
The kicker here is Jong-un threatened to target Guam AFTER Trump made his "Fire and fury" ultimatum, if Jong-un makes any more threats to America. Technically that is a march to war since Jong-un dared him to follow through.

My take on Jong-un's language is that the missiles to Guam would not be armed.

bluethread
Savant

Post #15

Post by bluethread »

2Dbunk wrote: [Replying to post 11 by bluethread]
Trump Has appointed people but does he listen to them? They are a voice of moderation but he does not confirm their voice. Often he proclaims "I'm president and they aren't." Oh, and when he does say something, often what he said changes: "I'm going to repeal and replace ObamaCare the first day in office . . . the first hour . . . believe me!" Or "I'm going to lock her up on day one . . . you'll see," Or . . . (the list goes on and on and . . .)
He is telling the press that he is the president and they are not. That is not what he is telling his advisers. Those other statements were campaign slogans. He can not repeal and replace Obamacare by himself. If congress had a bill on his desk, he would sign it. Regarding Hillary, do you really want Sessions to prosecute her, or are you just spit balling.

Well, one doesn't have to go to Israel to know that HaMeggido is the valley in Israel where the final battle between Adonai's people and the nations is to take place. That is transliterated into Armageddon in English.
Thanks for the clarification -- it sounded more like an Asian-minor sandwich. You fail to realize that many if not most on this forum are not versed in the Bible as well as you.
Yes, that is why I point things out. Believe me there are some conspiracy theorist that think that the situation in Korea is linked to the battle of Meggido.
That said, I think that the president has access to more intelligence than either of us.
Yes, he has some very good advisers, much more intelligent than he, but does he listen to their wisdom? It is laughable if it weren't so sad that he may be as ignorant on affairs (other than money) as his 'deplorable' base. He's made so many mis-statements about history and current events that people no longer count them.
Since we don't know that information, we can't really answer that question. What is it that you believe his advisers are telling him?
Many thought that JFK was going to start WWIII when he confronted the USSR in the Cuban missile crisis. Many also thought Regan was doing the same when he walked out of the SALT talks in Reykjavik. Both turned out to be good moves.
You are comparing a buffoon with two giants of the last century. I see you lapped up what he said when he compared himself to be a close second to Abraham Lincoln.
Those two "giants" were called buffoons at the time, as was Lincoln. Why don't we give it some time and how it works out?
I don't know whether you have heard of gun boat diplomacy, but it has been used to great effect many times in the past. Two things I admire about Trump is his "I'm taking nothing off the table." and "I'm not going to tell our enemies what I am going to do." policies.
We'll soon see how much he takes off the table concerning this crisis he's managed to create. I do believe he's told North Korea exactly what he's going to do if Jong-un keeps threatening the USA (by the way, Jong-un added Guam as a target AFTER Trump uttered that ultimatum -- so much for the Donald's empty rhetoric!
However, he would not have the ability to send missiles into space and his nuclear program would not be where it is today, if Clinton had not followed Carter's advise and given them 500,000 of heavy oil a year under a multinational trade agreement, so he could bypass congress and Obama had not followed his policy of "strategic patience".
But don't worry -- chatter in back-channels is way up, indicating that a solution will be found that will deter this potential hype, and the two lunatics will save face. Count on Trump claiming victory . . . then comparing his 'STAND' to be comparable to JFK's Cuban missile stand.
Yes, that is how it works. That is how it worked with JFK. It's call diplomacy. By the way, it's the press that is making the comparison, not Trump.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #16

Post by myth-one.com »

2Dbunk wrote: [Replying to post 13 by myth-one.com]

You are correct, the missiles would be thrown toward Guam . . . hopefully not armed.
The kicker here is Jong-un threatened to target Guam AFTER Trump made his "Fire and fury" ultimatum, if Jong-un makes any more threats to America. Technically that is a march to war since Jong-un dared him to follow through.
Perhaps, Donald can add on to the fire and fury threat.

How about:

Fire, fury, and covfefe!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

Post by JehovahsWitness »

There is no reason to fear a third world war, Jehovah will put an end to all war.

The bible contains the sure promises of God

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8