Maybe God is really Nothing

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dave Skummie
Student

Maybe God is really Nothing

Post #1

Post by Dave Skummie »

The universe is made up of two things. The something and the nothing. The Something is the matter that makes up our universe. The nothing is the possible area that the something can exist in. Some even say the nothing is the fuel for the something. The Nothing in my eye should be referred to as the true solid, it is virtually everywhere . It's safe to say that the something is suspended throughout the nothing. This brings up a good scenario. Let's say I go back in time with an atomic scale and I put Jesus on the scale and the scale is accurate enough to measure every Atom in his body and he dies. Does the scale get any lighter. I know some religious people would say there is a third type in the universe and that would be spiritual. I have a hard time buying that, maybe it's because I just don't understand. I only see the universe having two possible things in it,the something and then nothing. If the spiritual was the third thing, is it everywhere and why would you need spiritual in places that has no living things such as distant stars or space. But my question is. What if the space that occupies our Atoms are an identical copy of us. This would explain someone dies and something leaving our body and our body not getting any lighter . I think it's crucial that we look at things through physics and that everything can be explained in time with that understanding. Maybe the God we seek is really the nothingness of space and it is everywhere. It possibly created everything that we call the something and it makes identical copies of ourselves to continue to live on after we die. I think that we should think logically about aspects that are so important in our lives and never take something for granted and to always ask why. Physics has solved so many mysteries in our lives throughout history and to ignore it would be like putting our heads in the sand. We need to ask questions like when Jesus walked on water how is that possible, was he weightless did he defy gravity and how could he walk if he was weightless what did he push off of to move forward to when Jesus fed the many with the fish and the bread, where these new Atoms in our universe or did he transform something into the fish and bread. These are very important questions that I think everyone should ask themselves, what was the Physics of this. Thank you very much for your time. Dave

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: Maybe God is really Nothing

Post #3

Post by JP Cusick »

Dave Skummie wrote: The universe is made up of two things. The something and the nothing. The Something is the matter that makes up our universe. The nothing is the possible area that the something can exist in. Some even say the nothing is the fuel for the something. The Nothing in my eye should be referred to as the true solid, it is virtually everywhere . It's safe to say that the something is suspended throughout the nothing. This brings up a good scenario. Let's say I go back in time with an atomic scale and I put Jesus on the scale and the scale is accurate enough to measure every Atom in his body and he dies. Does the scale get any lighter. I know some religious people would say there is a third type in the universe and that would be spiritual. I have a hard time buying that, maybe it's because I just don't understand. I only see the universe having two possible things in it,the something and then nothing. If the spiritual was the third thing, is it everywhere and why would you need spiritual in places that has no living things such as distant stars or space. But my question is. What if the space that occupies our Atoms are an identical copy of us. This would explain someone dies and something leaving our body and our body not getting any lighter . I think it's crucial that we look at things through physics and that everything can be explained in time with that understanding. Maybe the God we seek is really the nothingness of space and it is everywhere. It possibly created everything that we call the something and it makes identical copies of ourselves to continue to live on after we die. I think that we should think logically about aspects that are so important in our lives and never take something for granted and to always ask why. Physics has solved so many mysteries in our lives throughout history and to ignore it would be like putting our heads in the sand. We need to ask questions like when Jesus walked on water how is that possible, was he weightless did he defy gravity and how could he walk if he was weightless what did he push off of to move forward to when Jesus fed the many with the fish and the bread, where these new Atoms in our universe or did he transform something into the fish and bread. These are very important questions that I think everyone should ask themselves, what was the Physics of this. Thank you very much for your time. Dave
I say you are just using the wrong terminology, and the choice of words are a powerful part to human activity and reality.

Instead of viewing it as something or nothing - it would be more accurate to be called the visible or the unseen.

Empty space is unseen, God is unseen, spirit is unseen, gravity is unseen, magnetism is unseen, radiation is unseen except in the form of light, and the atoms of an atomic structure is unseen.

The science of physics is largely based on the unseen and the non-see-able.

One time a person claimed that they had walked on water at a local pond in this area, and in time the person explained that the water was frozen in winter which is how he walked on the water. ~ He saw that as funny!
Another example is in the movie "Ever After" where the man had shoes made like boats to walk on the water, see video HERE.

So we must not try to impose some magical reason for Jesus to walk on water when there might have been a realistic reason which was not magical.

As to Jesus feeding the 5000 then Scholars theorize that Jesus simply used the 3 loaves and 2 fish to inspire others in the 5000 to share their food and so they ended up having lots of food leftover.

Just because some thing is unseen does not make it as unreal or as nothing.

The famous saying holds true = “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.�
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Dave Skummie
Student

Post #4

Post by Dave Skummie »

[Replying to post 3 by JP Cusick]

Hello JP and thank you for replying. I remember you from the last Time I posted a question. You seem very intelligent and I have a great respect for that. Me on the other hand I only had the chance to get a sixth-grade education. So I struggle and many things mostly the word stuff. It's funny how a moment in time can changed the destiny of your life. When I was young I remember getting my first car and going to the mountains and met a gentleman by chance at the top. He was looking through his telescope I stopped and asked him if I could look and he said yes. he was very friendly. I remember turning to him and saying what are the stars. He looked at me like I had no clue and in reality I didn't know. This gentleman sat me down and talk to me for many hours until the sun was in the sky the next morning. He told me how the universe worked, how physics works and everything from gravity to flow mechanics. It was the most enlightening thing that is ever happened in my life. At the time I was working at my dads garage as a mechanic and when I went back to work on the engines I was working on I could see the physics in action. What he describe to me was so real. I guess for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. And the reaction that night was I lost my god that I was raised up with through the Catholic Church. I have been questioning ever sense. I'd like you to understand this because I see that you are far more intelligent than I am and I am going to question your reply. When you talk about gravity magnetism radiation, I see These as the byproduct of mass. If you took the mass away these things would disappear as well as they cannot exist without each other. I have always been fascinated with the nothingness of space. Every scientist says there is nothing there. End of story. I think there is something very important in the nothingness of space. I don't think we will understand the grand unified Theory until we understand what it is. One of the things that always stuck in my head was the man on the mountain told me today's technology is tomorrow's basics if you don't understand it today you will tomorrow. That simple sentence gave me the ability to understand the things that were most difficult in my life. To say that these things are invisible unseen is only because of our technology we have today I feel. In reading your statement about unseen would God and spirit disappear as well and if so could you please explain that. I think you have a willingness to reply and so I'd like to add something else. When I first started my working career I worked in my father's station. I started pumping gas and then became a mechanic. As to my fathers disappointment I ended my mechanic career and went on to over the air subscription television. I would go to 5 to 7 houses a day and put up or UHF antenna and run a coax cable to where ever the TV was located. I got very good at that and cable TV was taking over the industry and instead of climbing telephone poles I decided to run telephone cable in offices in which was much easier then in a sealed house. I went on to get my certification in many telephony system and became a technician. I did this for about 40 years as I am about the same age as you. The only reason why am saying this is because I have worked around people from the station to in their home and at their workplace. I live in Southern California so I have worked around a great diversity of people. One of the things that I have found with talking to literally thousands of people throughout my career, is that were all programmable machines in many ways. I think the availability to believe in a God has a strong sense of how people have affected your life. How I saw these people and the patterns I saw in them that they shared. I think it doesn't make it right or wrong but it makes it real and believable. It's like a deck of cards being all the variables and each person is given a set. Passing off six to your offspring and they choose 4 different and so on and so. One of these carts is truly religion and it is probably one of the most frequent to be passed on. Unfortunately I lost mine. But I continue to go through the deck to see if the card really exist and is it real. I think this is what Jim Jones was so good and dangerous at. His ability to reprogram the machines with his program. How often has this occurred in history and to what degree. Does the story become true if enough believe? If everyone on this planet believed in the same story would that make it true? I'm sorry if you feel that I'm rambling on it's just that I have so many questions and I will ask them to anyone who is willing listen that is intelligent and will take the time. I guess that means I'll quit asking if no reply. I have had an intelligent person drastically change my life already. I invite you to do the same. Unfortunately I didn't read the rules and the moderator through my last question into this category but I am happy to see you reply. Thank you so much for your time. Dave.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #5

Post by JP Cusick »

Dave Skummie wrote: And the reaction that night was I lost my god that I was raised up with through the Catholic Church. I have been questioning ever sense.
I too was raised in a Catholic family and went to Catholic schools but I never had or never felt any connection or alliance to the Catholic Church, and so I do not remember ever loosing that religion as I do not think that I ever had that religion.

So I became a "Lone Ranger" of Christianity by having no Church and just having my own faith all by myself.

Now I get the impression that God actually wants each person to stand alone, and that spiritual lonesomeness is what frightens most people.
Dave Skummie wrote: I have always been fascinated with the nothingness of space. Every scientist says there is nothing there. End of story. I think there is something very important in the nothingness of space.
I don't think we will understand the grand unified Theory until we understand what it is.
I still dislike your word of nothing in space because at the very least space is a vacuum, and as a vacuum it has suction which is what tears people apart if we were to step out into the emptiness of space.

That vacuum in space is very strong and it is very widespread because that same vacuum stretches out to the very edge of the universe.

I suspect that the unified theory will some how have to include the vacuum as a major factor.
Dave Skummie wrote: In reading your statement about unseen would God and spirit disappear as well and if so could you please explain that.
God and spirit is a constant reality, so we can not see them but they are not nothing.

Being unseen is not the same as there being nothing.
Dave Skummie wrote: I live in Southern California so I have worked around a great diversity of people.
I lived in the Los Angeles area from around 1987-1992, as I had an Aunt who lived near Hollywood and I lived in Whittier CA.

It was so beautiful with mountains on one side and the Pacific ocean on the other side, and yet the locals continuously complained about the weather and the traffic while I saw it as a scenic wonderland.
SIGNATURE:

Dave Skummie
Student

Post #6

Post by Dave Skummie »

[Replying to post 5 by JP Cusick]

Small world Pj I live on the other side of the hill in Hacienda Heights. If you lived there in 1987 and were in Whittier that was one mean earthquake. I remember standing in my hallway and seeing the vertical line of the door frame the window frame and the pine tree in the backyard and the three vertical lines were moving side to side. As far as the vacuum is concerned I think the word vacuum describes a relative point. Our bodies and the molecules that make up our body were designed under extreme pressures. 14 pounds per square inch to be exact. So I don't see the vacuum is something I see it as the lack of something. I find it fascinating that all the matter in the universe is working. Scientist wants us to believe that the total energy in the big bang is being slowly dissipated throughout the universe. I find that hard to believe for the simple reason that a photon will travel through space and I question what is it using for a carrier like electricity uses a wire. I truly believe that the emptiness of space is the fuel for all the matter in the universe and that possibly God lives there as well. I want to believe that the space that my body occupies is my soul and will go on living when my body ceases to function. But the only proof I would have would be when I die if something comes out of me my body does not get any lighter that is my only proof or theory. Thanks again for replying I have read several post on the site and it seems that the site has a lot of friendly intelligent people and I'm glad I'm able to share these thoughts without being called names or being ridiculed. You have a wonderful day and I hope you get to experience the upcoming eclipse. I have my welding helmet ready. Dave

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #7

Post by JP Cusick »

Dave Skummie wrote: Maybe God is really Nothing
I do not know whatever God might be,
so speaking physically then perhaps calling God as nothing could be accurate,
because God is not physical.
Dave Skummie wrote: If you lived there in 1987 and were in Whittier that was one mean earthquake.
I must have arrived in Whittier (the uptown area) in very late 1987 or early 1988 because I missed the BIG earthquake of Oct 1, 1987.

What happened is that after I moved into a surprisingly low price housing is that then I heard about the earthquake and I found out that there were several empty lots around my place because those building had fallen down or had to be demolished and I moved into a building that somehow survived the quake which is why the rent was so low.

I did not know anything about earthquakes before going to California as I was a life long easterner who had never experienced any earthquake.

At some later time (unknown date) I woke in the middle of the night just as a magnitude 5 hit Whittier, and then I knew very well about an earthquake as it rocked and rolled the entire building and I never forget that one.
Dave Skummie wrote: 14 pounds per square inch to be exact. So I don't see the vacuum is something I see it as the lack of something.
That is an interesting twist.

That the vacuum is the norm, and thereby any gravitational area is the something.
Dave Skummie wrote: I truly believe that the emptiness of space is the fuel for all the matter in the universe and that possibly God lives there as well.
That is possible but limited.

I accept the multiple universe / parallel universes / different dimensions theories as true, because they better explain the reality of a Creator God who has worked out a way to give a chance and to give justice to every person.

I embrace the idea that humanity is the true center (the importance) so that the universe is our footstool.
SIGNATURE: