Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #1

Post by marco »

And so beautiful Barcelona joins the list of cities terrorists have attacked. I don't doubt that there are those who will say America and the West are responsible. One of the terrorists apparently wrote of his desire to kill infidels.

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and had intended to revisit Barcelona and its busy street, Las Ramblas, where the atrocities occurred. So terror is just a breath away, at least here in Europe.

Is it possible for those who want to kill to be educated if not by impious Westerners by Imams? Are those who want to kill "infidels" already known in their home circles? Obviously the scale of this lunacy will grow and we will hear on our screens the fatuous: "They will not win." But they do.

What can we do to ensure "they will not win"? Should the world convert to Islam, at least nominally?

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #111

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Bust Nak wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: That is engaging in politics, we Ahmadiyya Muslims don't engage in it, but here in the religious discussion/debate forum the scope of which is discussion/debate to find the truth, one is motivated for doing this.
The truth is Ahmadiyya Islam is just one out of many forms of Islam. The truth is Islam in general, without the Ahmadiyya qualifier, is not peaceful.
That would be one's political approach it has got to do nothing with Quran/Islam/Muhammad, their teachings are peaceful and Islam is spreading in the world due to these peculiarities, that is the Truth. Terrorism and those who practice it are doing things that are detrimental to the spread of Islam in the world.

Regards
_________
I have noted that one doesn't deride and ridicule, neither religion nor the religious personalities and in this respect differs from other Atheism etc people. It is good that one concentrates on the issues. Regards

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #112

Post by Bust Nak »

paarsurrey1 wrote: That would be one's political approach it has got to do nothing with Quran/Islam/Muhammad, their teachings are peaceful and Islam is spreading in the world due to these peculiarities, that is the Truth.
Other Muslims don't agree with you. They are reading the text with a different interpretation and their Mullahs are teaching them different things. They would tell you their stance has everything to do with Quran/Islam/Muhammad.
Terrorism and those who practice it are doing things that are detrimental to the spread of Islam in the world.
I will agree with that much. Terrorism will not change our minds.
I have noted that one doesn't deride and ridicule, neither religion nor the religious personalities and in this respect differs from other Atheism etc people. It is good that one concentrates on the issues. Regards
Thanks.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #113

Post by JP Cusick »

Bust Nak wrote: Terrorism is not war. Wars have rules of engagement.
The USA is the one who broke the rules by extremes.

We the USA (and puppet allies) started wars of aggression without any threat to our self, without any credible justification.

Our side uses bombs dropped on civilians, and our side gives no option to surrender for those we murder.

Our side is the one who tortures prisoners, and we hold prisoners without trial or justice.

The USA is the one who supplies weapons to every side to keep the wars going.

And as you say above = "terrorism is not a war" and yet it is the USA who claims to be at war with terrorism which is just political nonsense.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #114

Post by Bust Nak »

JP Cusick wrote: The USA is the one who broke the rules by extremes.
USA is a big bully, and they play rough granted, but they played within the rules.
We the USA (and puppet allies) started wars of aggression without any threat to our self, without any credible justification.
You only think that because you are some how under the impression that ISIS is fake, ISIS is a credible threat.
Our side uses bombs dropped on civilians, and our side gives no option to surrender for those we murder.
But there is option to surrender. It's just not taken.
Our side is the one who tortures prisoners, and we hold prisoners without trial or justice.
That's what happens when terrorists don't play by the rules, the forfeit the right to be treated as soldiers. But granted it should be condemned.
The USA is the one who supplies weapons to every side to keep the wars going.
This too is allowed by the rules.
And as you say above = "terrorism is not a war" and yet it is the USA who claims to be at war with terrorism which is just political nonsense.
I don't know how you can say that when New York was attacked not even a week ago.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #115

Post by brianbbs67 »

JP Cusick wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: Kiling is not murder. If we truly went after this problem as we did earlier in history, it would all be solved. We are dealing with guttural third world people. If dealt with as such(IE, kill them as they wish to kill us, this would be over for now), we would be done and at relative peace for 50-100 years as shown by WW2(probably much quicker as none of them have the resources or means to do what Germany and Japan did.) We seem have to lost our heart, convincing ourselves they can be reasoned with. Can we be reasoned with and deny our beliefs? No, neither can they. Should we try? Yes, enough to give doubt, but no more.
This above is an example of wanting to murder and trying to say it is not murder.
No it isn't. I don't want to kill anyone but will if forced to by action or threat. Did not God command the Isrealites to kill some people , man , woman, child and beast? The commandment is Thou shall not murder. Not, thou shall not kill. In this world, we are forced to defend ourselves or die.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #116

Post by brianbbs67 »

Rufus21 wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: If dealt with as such(IE, kill them as they wish to kill us, this would be over for now), we would be done and at relative peace for 50-100 years...
"I know how to make people stop wanting to kill us - we'll kill them all!" 8-)

Or would that only justify their revenge?

Well, that usually works. War is war. Its ugly. And should be avoided, if possible. But, if you can't, why hold back? Finish it and be at peace for a while.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #117

Post by JP Cusick »

brianbbs67 wrote: No it isn't. I don't want to kill anyone but will if forced to by action or threat. Did not God command the Isrealites to kill some people , man , woman, child and beast? The commandment is Thou shall not murder. Not, thou shall not kill. In this world, we are forced to defend ourselves or die.
In accord with the topic - the USA was not being defensive when the giant military superpower attacked the weakest Country on the planet of Afghanistan, and then attacked Iraq for a 2nd time while Iraq was in a weakened condition, and then attacked Syria when Syria was vulnerable by its own civil war, because none of that was self defense.

The biggest distinction between killing or murder is when it is unjustified, and to claim an untrue justification makes the action into criminal malicious murder.

And you are misusing the Old Testament to justify today of killing every "man, woman, child and beast" as our justification for our mass murder of people who have done nothing to us.

I wish that I could say that we are fortunate that you are not in power - but that same barbaric mentality has been in power in the USA (and in Western Europe) for far too long, and it still goes onward.
SIGNATURE:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #118

Post by paarsurrey1 »

marco wrote: And so beautiful Barcelona joins the list of cities terrorists have attacked.
I condemn the act of terrorists to attack innocent and peaceful persons of Barcelona. They have deviated from the teachings of Quran/Islam/Muhammad.

Regards

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #119

Post by brianbbs67 »

JP Cusick wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: No it isn't. I don't want to kill anyone but will if forced to by action or threat. Did not God command the Isrealites to kill some people , man , woman, child and beast? The commandment is Thou shall not murder. Not, thou shall not kill. In this world, we are forced to defend ourselves or die.
In accord with the topic - the USA was not being defensive when the giant military superpower attacked the weakest Country on the planet of Afghanistan, and then attacked Iraq for a 2nd time while Iraq was in a weakened condition, and then attacked Syria when Syria was vulnerable by its own civil war, because none of that was self defense.

The biggest distinction between killing or murder is when it is unjustified, and to claim an untrue justification makes the action into criminal malicious murder.

And you are misusing the Old Testament to justify today of killing every "man, woman, child and beast" as our justification for our mass murder of people who have done nothing to us.

I wish that I could say that we are fortunate that you are not in power - but that same barbaric mentality has been in power in the USA (and in Western Europe) for far too long, and it still goes onward.
I am not misusing anything. They are at war with us and wish to kill the men and enslave the women and children. Their Islam is Not peaceful. It is not barbaric to defend yourself and attack proactively. That is smart. Just to clue you in to war, the one who dominates and decimates their opponent wins. I do not wish US to lose as I see how the rest of the third world lives. No thank you.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #120

Post by JP Cusick »

brianbbs67 wrote: They are at war with us and wish to kill the men and enslave the women and children. Their Islam is Not peaceful. It is not barbaric to defend yourself and attack proactively. That is smart. Just to clue you in to war, the one who dominates and decimates their opponent wins. I do not wish US to lose as I see how the rest of the third world lives. No thank you.
They (whoever they may be) are not at war with us - we are the superpower attacking defenseless civilians all around the globe.

We the USA are the ones trying to kill the Muslim men and trying to enslave the Muslim women and children. We the west are the ones demanding that Muslim women take off their clothes in order to be liberated, as like we have done to our own western women, and they are the only ones defending their self against our invasions.

If the USA could look into a mirror of truth then the USA would see itself as a Country of brute beast trying to bully the rest of humanity into following our own sins and depravities.
SIGNATURE: