Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #1

Post by marco »

And so beautiful Barcelona joins the list of cities terrorists have attacked. I don't doubt that there are those who will say America and the West are responsible. One of the terrorists apparently wrote of his desire to kill infidels.

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and had intended to revisit Barcelona and its busy street, Las Ramblas, where the atrocities occurred. So terror is just a breath away, at least here in Europe.

Is it possible for those who want to kill to be educated if not by impious Westerners by Imams? Are those who want to kill "infidels" already known in their home circles? Obviously the scale of this lunacy will grow and we will hear on our screens the fatuous: "They will not win." But they do.

What can we do to ensure "they will not win"? Should the world convert to Islam, at least nominally?

marco
Savant

Post #21

Post by marco »

bluethread wrote:

Yes, however, if I may a note, You speak of humanitarian laws. That is the problem.

Dear bluethread, your fine post, with which I agreed, has become a victim of Marcovian, not Machiavellian, carelessness. I retrieved only the above quoted remnant.

Your point about humanitarian laws failing their intended purpose is a good one and I didn't disagree with it in my post.

What I intended to convey was that we have stopped - to some extent - being barbaric and in the west we think it's a trifle unkind to stone people to death or to throw men from high buildings. I think you are saying we have moved to the other extreme of proscribing opinion, punishing for what is seen to be prejudice. Political correctness and something called multiculturalism that equates confetti- throwing with mutilating baby girls are scourges, not benefits.

I agree that trying to control the thoughts of law-abiding people does not avert terror; in some ways it encourages it by forbidding people to voice concerns.

It would appear that it is even considered wrong, by some, to call murderers terrorists. They are holy fighters. And they are wholly wrong.

My apologies again, bluethread. Go well.

marco
Savant

Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #22

Post by marco »

[Replying to post 20 by JP Cusick]

I am not arguing that the West has moved against Islamic states to stop them stoning. I introduced this point to counter your suggestion of "noble religion." The West and Russia as well are doing what they do for a variety of political reasons, none of which is to kill Muslims specifically.

I can disagree with actions taken - for example the stupid invasion of Iraq which Muslims there welcomed or the action in Libya or the rejoicing over Egypt's apparent emancipation and the Western opposition to Assad in support of what seems to be a worse element. In these struggles Muslims oppose Muslims - it is not as simplistic as you make out. America does not want to murder Muslims. They ally with Muslims. Any points of merit in your argument are destroyed by your blanket condemnation of the West. It is good that ISIS is being defeated though the Western effort comes too late for murdered Yazidis. It is wrong to make any excuse for ISIS. You are the victim of Islamic propaganda.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #23

Post by JP Cusick »

marco wrote: I am not arguing that the West has moved against Islamic states to stop them stoning. I introduced this point to counter your suggestion of "noble religion." The West and Russia as well are doing what they do for a variety of political reasons, none of which is to kill Muslims specifically.
Well then - what is the reason for the USA and its puppet allies for our involvement in Syria?

Not Afghanistan or Iraq or other places but why are we in Syria?

We are not fighting the Syrian government, and we are not supporting the Syrian people who do fight against their evil dictator, so why is our side murdering Syrian people?

You say it is not because they stone some people, so are we bombing Syria to stop Muslims from killing other Muslims? are we bombing the Muslims to pressure the Muslim women to take off their clothes? is there some unknown humanitarian reason for year after year of our murdering Muslims in Syria?

You do not want any of them fighting on the streets of Barcelona or in Manchester or in San Bernardino, but we bomb the Syrian people in their homes.

So please do tell - why is our side fighting in Syria?
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

marco
Savant

Post #24

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:
We are part of the world. Had America not been bombing there, ISIS would have won against a weak Iraqi army, many of whom simply discarded their uniforms and ran away. You are completely unaware of the Sunni-Shi'ite wars that go on unhappily without American assistance. Saudi Arabia and Qatar supplied Assad's enemies with weapons which have made their way to ISIS. Had ISIS taken over Syria, as was their goal, the world would be worse off. American involvement prevented this, as also did Russian, which you seem to forget.

Anyway your best plan for educating yourself is to read a few books on the Arab issue. You might see it is more complex than your view of it.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #25

Post by JP Cusick »

marco wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:
We are part of the world. Had America not been bombing there, ISIS would have won against a weak Iraqi army, many of whom simply discarded their uniforms and ran away. You are completely unaware of the Sunni-Shi'ite wars that go on unhappily without American assistance. Saudi Arabia and Qatar supplied Assad's enemies with weapons which have made their way to ISIS. Had ISIS taken over Syria, as was their goal, the world would be worse off. American involvement prevented this, as also did Russian, which you seem to forget.

Anyway your best plan for educating yourself is to read a few books on the Arab issue. You might see it is more complex than your view of it.
As expected = you did not answer the question.

Simple direct question = no answer.

And for the record there was no such thing as ISIL (real letters ISIL not ISIS) at the beginning of the Syrian invasion by the USA and its puppets, and according to reports the USA created ISIL much in the same way that we created the Al-Qaeda.

You still are invited to answer the question with a real answer:

Why is our side fighting in Syria?

And most reports understand that the hostilities in Syria started as a civil war, that the people of Syria rose up in defiance of the Syrian government, and yet the USA is bombing the Syrian cities and Syrian people, and we are not fighting the Syrian government.
SIGNATURE:

marco
Savant

Post #26

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:

And for the record there was no such thing as ISIL (real letters ISIL not ISIS) at the beginning of the Syrian invasion by the USA and its puppets, and according to reports the USA created ISIL much in the same way that we created the Al-Qaeda.
"According to reports" ? But I thought you didn't rely on Western reports? Did you get a message from ISIS (sic)?
JP Cusick wrote:
You still are invited to answer the question with a real answer:

Why is our side fighting in Syria?

I already told you we are there because danger and chaos in that part of the world affects us. And MY side did not invade Syria, nor (unfortunately) is it supporting the Syrian Government but helping your Muslim cannibalistic rebels. Russia is supporting Assad.
Presumably we are there because our absence would have given the all clear to Iran and Saudi to do as they pleased. We foolishly made Iran more dangerous and more powerful by getting rid of Saddam, to the delight of Muslims there. So you see, we are not out to murder Muslims as you mistakenly think.

I was not, as I said, in favour of war in Iraq or Libya. Muslims have made the most of the removal of constraints on them, so to suppose terrorists do what they do in protest over the demise of Saddam or Gaddafi is nonsense.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #27

Post by JP Cusick »

marco wrote: "According to reports" ? But I thought you didn't rely on Western reports? Did you get a message from ISIS (sic)?
I do watch the News, and I agree with Trump that most of it is just "fake News" but when we know it to be fake then we can see through the lies.

The fake News is much like fake religion, because I just separate the right from the wrong and deduct the true from the lies.
marco wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: Why is our side fighting in Syria?
I already told you we are there because danger and chaos in that part of the world affects us.
That is your acceptance of a shallow and empty reason for western murders and warmongering, instead of seeking the truth to such an important piece of the News or of our politics.

I blame Atheism and religious infidelity (infidels) as the reason that so many people just accept our American crimes against humanity as done in Syria instead of denouncing the atrocities for what we really are doing there.

Otherwise if people (on our ignorant side) had faith or virtue then they would ask such questions as like = What is the truth?

Ask simple question and expect a truthful and realistic answer - but the Atheist and infidels have no motivation to even ask the question(s).

What is the real reason why the USA and our puppet allies are using our massive military arsenals to murder Muslims in their own lands?

A person of faith and virtue does not accept shallow and empty propaganda without question nor scrutiny, but other people have no backbone to resist such evils.

The only true challenge against evil government is in religion, and it needs to be virtuous religion, because only virtuous religion has the moral high ground to tell Caesar (the Gov) that it is wrong.

Both Atheism and religious infidelity give no resistance to the evils of governments, and that is why we fight against Muslims because their religion resists the immoralities being forced by the west and by the USA.
SIGNATURE:

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #28

Post by amortalman »

[Replying to post 27 by JP Cusick]

May I ask you a question? Is that really you, in suit and tie, standing in front of the American flag? Strange. Very strange. Don't pretend to be a patriot of this great nation.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #29

Post by JP Cusick »

amortalman wrote: May I ask you a question? Is that really you, in suit and tie, standing in front of the American flag? Strange. Very strange. Don't pretend to be a patriot of this great nation.
Yes that is really my picture, and I do not see it as dishonest nor pretentious, and yet I do have some resistance since the flag is seen as an idol by so many people.

I resist patriotism too because that word means loyalty to the fatherland as if our Country is our Father, and I do not like that.

My loyalty is foremost to God and to God's righteousness.

It is not just wrong but sinful to support the USA when the USA is willfully committing atrocities and injustices around the entire planet earth.
SIGNATURE:

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #30

Post by amortalman »

[Replying to post 29 by JP Cusick]

So I assume that you do not pay local, State, and Federal taxes as that would be supporting the USA and therefore both wrong and sinful.