Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #1

Post by marco »

And so beautiful Barcelona joins the list of cities terrorists have attacked. I don't doubt that there are those who will say America and the West are responsible. One of the terrorists apparently wrote of his desire to kill infidels.

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and had intended to revisit Barcelona and its busy street, Las Ramblas, where the atrocities occurred. So terror is just a breath away, at least here in Europe.

Is it possible for those who want to kill to be educated if not by impious Westerners by Imams? Are those who want to kill "infidels" already known in their home circles? Obviously the scale of this lunacy will grow and we will hear on our screens the fatuous: "They will not win." But they do.

What can we do to ensure "they will not win"? Should the world convert to Islam, at least nominally?

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #41

Post by JP Cusick »

JP Cusick wrote: What the west needs to do, and the USA particularly, is to openly admit that we are in the wrong, that we (the USA and the west) are the aggressors and we are the sinners, and of course we need to stop all of our warmongering.

I have no doubt that the great Islamic people would be happy to accept our repentance, but we would still need to make amends too as part of our repentance.

The problem as told in the scripture is that our side does not know the way of peace.

And if we did stop our evils and we start doing right then yes that would be a huge conversion to make peace in the world.

It is not a conversion to any religion - that would be a conversion to righteousness.
My comment #2 of this thread, quoted above, has covered everything and it is the only answer that matters here.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by amortalman »

JP Cusick wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: What the west needs to do, and the USA particularly, is to openly admit that we are in the wrong, that we (the USA and the west) are the aggressors and we are the sinners, and of course we need to stop all of our warmongering.

I have no doubt that the great Islamic people would be happy to accept our repentance, but we would still need to make amends too as part of our repentance.

The problem as told in the scripture is that our side does not know the way of peace.

And if we did stop our evils and we start doing right then yes that would be a huge conversion to make peace in the world.

It is not a conversion to any religion - that would be a conversion to righteousness.
My comment #2 of this thread, quoted above, has covered everything and it is the only answer that matters here.
What you're saying is that your opinion is the only thing that matters here. And your opinion is seriously flawed.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #43

Post by paarsurrey1 »

marco wrote: And so beautiful Barcelona joins the list of cities terrorists have attacked. I don't doubt that there are those who will say America and the West are responsible. One of the terrorists apparently wrote of his desire to kill infidels.

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and had intended to revisit Barcelona and its busy street, Las Ramblas, where the atrocities occurred. So terror is just a breath away, at least here in Europe.

Is it possible for those who want to kill to be educated if not by impious Westerners by Imams? Are those who want to kill "infidels" already known in their home circles? Obviously the scale of this lunacy will grow and we will hear on our screens the fatuous: "They will not win." But they do.

What can we do to ensure "they will not win"? Should the world convert to Islam, at least nominally?
The terrorists are to understand that terrorism is not supported by Islam/Quran/Muhammad.

Regards

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #44

Post by amortalman »

[Replying to post 43 by paarsurrey1]

I've never read the Quran but I understand that there are conflicting verses in it. Some verses promote peace and some say to kill the infidels wherever they are found.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #45

Post by JP Cusick »

paarsurrey1 wrote: The terrorists are to understand that terrorism is not supported by Islam/Quran/Muhammad.

Regards
Every people of humanity have their own right to fight back and to defend their self against violent invaders even when it is the USA and its puppet allies who are doing the invading.

When the white dominated western Countries (including the USA) invaded or persecuted a Hindu Country then the Hindu people were called terrorist, when they attacked the Catholic Countries as like Ireland then it was Catholics being the terrorist, when they first occupied Palestine (1917-1947) then it was Jewish terrorist and now it has changed over to Palestinian terrorist, and in China it is Chinese terrorist, and in Vietnam it was Buddhist as the so called terrorist.

The USA and our western European puppets calls everyone who fights back against our violent intrusions as "terrorist" and that word is based on the emotion that they strike us back and we get terrorized.

All people have their own rights to fight back against the evil USA invasions, as they all have religious rights and civil rights and ethical rights, moral rights, legal rights, and every right to fight back against the violent bigoted Americans.

The only reason it is now Muslims who are now the so-called "terrorist" is only because the USA is now violently attacking Muslim Countries - so yes it is Muslims who defend their self.

This is not complicated - if we attack Russia then Russians will fight back - if we attack Korean then it will be the Koreans who fight back - so whoever the USA turns its immoral warmongering against is the ones who will then become the new terrorist to scare (terrorize) the Americans.

Blaming our ugly reality on the great religion of Islam is just more of the same old propaganda of lies.
SIGNATURE:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #46

Post by paarsurrey1 »

JP Cusick wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: The terrorists are to understand that terrorism is not supported by Islam/Quran/Muhammad.

Regards
Every people of humanity have their own right to fight back and to defend their self against violent invaders even when it is the USA and its puppet allies who are doing the invading.

When the white dominated western Countries (including the USA) invaded or persecuted a Hindu Country then the Hindu people were called terrorist, when they attacked the Catholic Countries as like Ireland then it was Catholics being the terrorist, when they first occupied Palestine (1917-1947) then it was Jewish terrorist and now it has changed over to Palestinian terrorist, and in China it is Chinese terrorist, and in Vietnam it was Buddhist as the so called terrorist.

The USA and our western European puppets calls everyone who fights back against our violent intrusions as "terrorist" and that word is based on the emotion that they strike us back and we get terrorized.

All people have their own rights to fight back against the evil USA invasions, as they all have religious rights and civil rights and ethical rights, moral rights, legal rights, and every right to fight back against the violent bigoted Americans.

The only reason it is now Muslims who are now the so-called "terrorist" is only because the USA is now violently attacking Muslim Countries - so yes it is Muslims who defend their self.

This is not complicated - if we attack Russia then Russians will fight back - if we attack Korean then it will be the Koreans who fight back - so whoever the USA turns its immoral warmongering against is the ones who will then become the new terrorist to scare (terrorize) the Americans.

Blaming our ugly reality on the great religion of Islam is just more of the same old propaganda of lies.
I get one's point. Instead of any religion, it should be identified by the region. So there is no Islamic Terrorism or Christian Terrorism. Right, please?
Regards

marco
Savant

Post #47

Post by marco »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
The terrorists are to understand that terrorism is not supported by Islam/Quran/Muhammad.
May I disabuse you of this belief. Here is a selection, by no means comprehensive, of passages in the Quran that seem to inspire war, violence and jihad.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah]

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."

Quran (8:67) - "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land..."

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (66:9) - "O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey's end."

And we might want to view these:

Sahih Bukhari (52:177) - .... and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Sahih Bukhari (52:256) - The Prophet... was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)."

Sahih Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'

And terror is what we see on our streets today.

marco
Savant

Post #48

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:
What the west needs to do, and the USA particularly, is to openly admit that we are in the wrong, that we (the USA and the west) are the aggressors and we are the sinners, and of course we need to stop all of our warmongering.

It is not a conversion to any religion - that would be a conversion to righteousness.[

It is your only answer, and a wrong one. The verses I have quoted from the Koran do not involve American aggression but the anger in them is directed at non-believers. Of course there are injustices in the world but to ignore religious motivation in the minds of terrorists and attribute to their atrocities something akin to self-defence is absolutely wrong. DELIBERATELY killing innocent people, including children, is wrong whoever does it. I hope you will eventually change your mind.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #49

Post by JP Cusick »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: Every people of humanity have their own right to fight back and to defend their self against violent invaders even when it is the USA and its puppet allies who are doing the invading.
I get one's point. Instead of any religion, it should be identified by the region. So there is no Islamic Terrorism or Christian Terrorism. Right, please?
Regards
That is not what I was saying.

What I am saying is that we need to recognize that the USA is the one and only violent aggressor, that we the USA are the one true terrorist of the planet earth, and every other Country or people or region of the world is simply responding to the American immoral warmongering.

The USA is the one dropping bombs onto peoples' houses and homes, the USA is the one bombing cars driving down the streets, we the USA are the ones bombing weddings and bombing funerals and bombing Hospitals and schools, and the USA is the one committing murder on top of murder without any just cause.
SIGNATURE:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #50

Post by paarsurrey1 »

amortalman wrote: [Replying to post 43 by paarsurrey1]

I've never read the Quran but I understand that there are conflicting verses in it. Some verses promote peace and some say to kill the infidels wherever they are found.
Quran is not a voluminous book. It is about the size of Four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John put together). The original is in the Arabic language, while its translations in many languages are also available. One may like to read it for a meaningful discussion, please. I give one website that has the original Arabic text with translations in English and German:
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... r.php?ch=1
Regards