Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Has God ever communicated with you?

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Justin108 wrote: Can you perhaps describe how exactly God communicated with you?
Through holy spirit and personal experience.

Justin108 wrote:Was it an audible interaction as if another human being was speaking to you?
Not as yet, no.
Justin108 wrote: Please, in as much detail as you can, describe to me what it is like to have God personally inform you of something.
Yes I can. I won't, at least not to you, but I certainly could if I chose to.

JW
JW claims God spoke directly to him/her. JW, for whatever reason, refuses to explain the details of this interaction. I can only wonder why. Are there perhaps others on this forum who can explain to me in detail what an interaction with God is like?

marco
Savant

Re: Has God ever communicated with you?

Post #11

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:
We are not to take our highest of blessings and cast them before dogs.
The problem with this is a variety of groups say exactly the same when extolling the messages from their personal God. Muslims of course get direct communication from their Koran and many would kill if anything was said to the contrary, and do so.

Perhaps the safest and kindest approach is to accept that people THINK they are communicating with something, just as mediums believe they talk to the dead. If this does not inspire folk to kill us, it is unproductively harmless.

I've a friend who genuinely believes God guides his steps and he actually asks for guidance when he's to make a big decision. I should imagine the results turn out as statistics would predict. But it makes him happy. Such a pity God didn't bother to respond to the children in the Holocaust who asked for some helpful communication. The Rhine continued to flow.

William
Savant

Post #12

Post by William »

[Replying to post 1 by Justin108]
GOD communicates with me 24/7
JW claims God spoke directly to him/her. JW, for whatever reason, refuses to explain the details of this interaction. I can only wonder why. Are there perhaps others on this forum who can explain to me in detail what an interaction with God is like?
I have answered this in part in this thread post...

...and elaborated on that further along in this post

[Replying to post 10 by JP Cusick]
I agree with your (JW's) words in the OP that yes we could talk about the things which God personally informed to each of us, but we are not going to cast our pearls before swine who only want to mock and trample the word of God under their nasty feet.
In relation to this forum and keeping ones relationship with ones GOD under wraps because there is the good chance of being mocked for revealing it, there are moderators who will intervene if you report such posts to them, as exampled in this post.

My understanding of GOD through my relationship with GOD, is that GOD is not so precious that he/she/it needs defending as if one were a child in a playground where another is mocking your position and you respond by clamming up re you position and responding by calling them 'swine' and 'dogs', which is itself a type of mockery.

I have never known 2 wrongs to make something right.

If you are still suckling on GODs teat, you might be best to think about abstaining from interactive debating until GOD has been able to teach you better ways of communicating.

Because really, the response of name-calling is childish and does GOD no favors when you do it in his/her/its name.

William
Savant

Post #13

Post by William »

[Replying to post 11 by marco]
The problem with this is a variety of groups say exactly the same when extolling the messages from their personal God. Muslims of course get direct communication from their Koran and many would kill if anything was said to the contrary, and do so.
That is an interesting observation. I am not sure how valid it is for accuracy in that many Muslims would behave as the few radicals (in comparison to the many) behave - with murderous intent.

Perhaps the danger is in the belief that the three Abrahamic organised religions have in regard to their holy books being 'the word of GOD' which on the surface appears to be the same GOD but in study these appear to have similarities but appear to be distinct from one another as well.

But getting to the point, when large groups of individuals are convinced that their particular holy book is THE actual 'word of GOD' and the extreme things purported in those books which so succinctly show the differences between the religions (and in doing so explain the animosity the religions have with one another) then all three show a clearly dangerous precedence to commit murder if push came to shove.

Certainly they are actively part of the way society governs people through law, and it is through law that oppressive acts are committed against the people, and murder is justified through 'what is written' especially (but not exclusively) in the name of one GOD or another.

Christians might argue that Jesus does not condone murder, but history at least shows us that Christianity/Christendom has indeed condoned it, and certainly they also proclaim to be followers of Jesus, so the danger is in history repeating itself in that regard.

Israel does what it does, and doesn't always do 'the Christian thing' in relation to its neighbors, (because it doesn't have to) and taking account of it's Holy Book and what its states about the Jews in relation to their idea of GOD and the rest of the world, and how they treat their neighbors, that is somewhat disturbing and worth watching out for too.

Benjamin Netanyahu often is reminding the world of the terrorist threat and stating how the Muslim holy book condones 'Death to all Jews' but if that is anything to go by, what prey tell does the Jewish holy book say to condone Jewish acts against non- Jewish humans?

Obviously holy books are a big part of the reason why there is no peace, either in the middle east or in the rest of the world.

But so long as the masses believe that their books are 'The Word of GOD', this conundrum is not going to change, not at all.
Perhaps the safest and kindest approach is to accept that people THINK they are communicating with something, just as mediums believe they talk to the dead. If this does not inspire folk to kill us, it is unproductively harmless.
I assume here you are speaking about society as a whole when you use the term "unproductively harmless"? I think you err here. I have communicated with individual consciousnesses who have lived the human experience and passed on, and I can say that
1: They obviously were not dead - just departed.
2: What they had to say to me was very helpful and uplifting and not at all negative, (as in say, encouraging me to commit murder) and that has to have an effect on the greater society, so isn't necessarily unproductive in that regard.
Such a pity God didn't bother to respond to the children in the Holocaust who asked for some helpful communication.
Is there some citation you can offer in regard to this claim? Or are you assuming that it would only be natural for some religious children in that circumstance to cry out to their GOD and in doing so, all received 'no response' in that regard?

liamconnor
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by liamconnor »

[Replying to post 1 by Justin108]

Kind of a strange OP for debating....

I myself have never had an experience which I interpreted as a direct revelation from God. All experiences which I thought 'divinely ordained' were highly subjective. I have heard others say they literally heard a voice which they knew came from no human, but I have not had that experience; nor did I question them on some of the obvious ramifications (i.e., did it have a Bostonian accent?) as that would have been rude.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Justin108 »

William wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Justin108]
GOD communicates with me 24/7
How can you tell? My girlfriend has chronic shoulder pain. If she formed the conclusion that the shoulder pain is due to an evil spirit, constantly stabbing her in the shoulder, would this be a valid conclusion? A sensation is not the same as a conclusion. You experience something(the sensation), you attribute it to God(the conclusion)... and you have yet to explain why you attribute it to God other than insisting that it is God. I do not mean this as an insult so I hope to not be reported for this, but what you are describing is indistinguishable from delusional thinking in the literal sense.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #16

Post by rikuoamero »

liamconnor wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Justin108]

Kind of a strange OP for debating....

I myself have never had an experience which I interpreted as a direct revelation from God. All experiences which I thought 'divinely ordained' were highly subjective. I have heard others say they literally heard a voice which they knew came from no human, but I have not had that experience; nor did I question them on some of the obvious ramifications (i.e., did it have a Bostonian accent?) as that would have been rude.
Is it all possible that the trepidation you describe yourself as having (not questioning the accent of a voice someone claims to have heard) could also have happened to the earliest Christians i.e. they might not have questioned claims from amongst their group because they thought it would be rude, and so, the claims stuck, and eventually grew?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Elijah John
Savant

Post #17

Post by Elijah John »

JP Cusick wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: Will you kindly do me the pleasure of not misquoting me.
JW
At best, you can accuse me of misinterpreting what you said. If that is the case then I will retract my claim that God "spoke directly" to you.
To JW ~ the text does show that you did not say as that person claimed, and after being on this forum for awhile then most people know about him and his antics, so his words do not stick to you.

I agree with your (JW's) words in the OP that yes we could talk about the things which God personally informed to each of us, but we are not going to cast our pearls before swine who only want to mock and trample the word of God under their nasty feet.

The thing is that each person must have eyes that can see the spiritual, and have ears which can hear the messages, and must have a heart which can understand the high moral ground.

:warning: Moderator Warning

You may be attempting to defend, but your referring to another's "antics" is a personal attack.

Also, it is inappropriate on this debating site to assume spiritual superiority because of one's beliefs, and refer to others as "dogs" and "swine" with "nasty feet" who cannot understand spiritual things.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #18

Post by JP Cusick »

marco wrote: The problem with this is a variety of groups say exactly the same when extolling the messages from their personal God. Muslims of course get direct communication from their Koran and many would kill if anything was said to the contrary, and do so.
In some cases I admire the Muslim warriors for their decisive action against blasphemous infidels.

As like that hateful publisher in France because they were told to stop it and they were given warnings and the killing was done as the last option, so those Muslim warriors followed the procedure exactly.

The America idea that talking hatred and talking bigotry is some how freedom of speech is a truly ignorant ideology.
marco wrote: Perhaps the safest and kindest approach is to accept that people THINK they are communicating with something, just as mediums believe they talk to the dead. If this does not inspire folk to kill us, it is unproductively harmless.
That is being hung-up on "killing" as the west is indeed terrorized, but God speaking is far more often to inspire a better world and to make improvements.

To kill is not always doing harm, as some killings are for the best, and so it is better to hear it from the God of justice.

As like Mother Teresa heard the voice of God and she gave her answer in the best of her ability.

Joan of Arc was another.

Abe Lincoln saw God on the Civil War battlefields and Lincoln led onward in rightful commitment accordingly.

I do not see the non-violent revelations nor the defensive words of God given to people as being "harmless" when they inspire so much distinction.
marco wrote: Such a pity God didn't bother to respond to the children in the Holocaust who asked for some helpful communication. The Rhine continued to flow.
Many people believe, as I certainly do, that God did give answer to the Nazi Germany and to the Holocaust by sending the USA and allies onto the beaches of Normandy and on to the destruction of the Nazis.

When the war was over and the death camps liberated then people-in-the-know gave thanks to the God of justice.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

marco
Savant

Post #19

Post by marco »

JP Cusick wrote:
In some cases I admire the Muslim warriors for their decisive action against blasphemous infidels.
Torquemada would have happily endorsed this statement.
JP Cusick wrote:
As like that hateful publisher in France because they were told to stop it and they were given warnings and the killing was done as the last option, so those Muslim warriors followed the procedure exactly.
Charlie Hebdo showed incautious bravery in lampooning violent beliefs from the 7th century. In not responding to threats they demonstrated the dangers in slavishly following religious superstition.
JP Cusick wrote:
The America idea that talking hatred and talking bigotry is some how freedom of speech is a truly ignorant ideology.
Much has been said of defending somebody's right to say things with which one disagrees. Hatred came from one direction only: from the murderers. It is wrong to suggest the publishers hated - they saw religion for what it was, a dangerous enslavement of people's minds. People opposed the slave trade, despite threats, and they won.
JP Cusick wrote:
Many people believe, as I certainly do, that God did give answer to the Nazi Germany and to the Holocaust by sending the USA and allies onto the beaches of Normandy and on to the destruction of the Nazis.

This is quite amusing. America, the great Satan in other contexts, is here God's avenging angel. Perhaps if we threw God out of the window and started to act decently towards other human beings, discarding ludicrous superstitions, we would advance. Unfortunately home-made gods have infiltrated the grey matter of too many, with brutal and disastrous results.

marco
Savant

Post #20

Post by marco »

liamconnor wrote:

nor did I question them on some of the obvious ramifications (i.e., did it have a Bostonian accent?) as that would have been rude.
Sometimes one must risk being rude to get down to the truth. Those who say they have had emails from God or autographed memos from Jesus require a frank question..... at the very least.