Scientifc accuracy in the Scriptures.

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

bluethread
Savant

Scientifc accuracy in the Scriptures.

Post #1

Post by bluethread »

Based on the concept of omniscience, many claim the plain language of the Scriptures should be scientifically accurate. So, if there were a verse that said that the Sun is the center of the solar system, would that make it acceptable on that basis?

H.sapiens
Guru

Re: Scientifc accuracy in the Scriptures.

Post #111

Post by H.sapiens »

dad wrote:
H.sapiens wrote:
I suggest that you can't tell the difference between belief and reality, and therein lies the problem.
We can go by actual posts and what is offered here for example, by you. Instead of reality we see some bizarre attitude problem, and grudge against the bible and God. Add to this a repeated abject failure to support your belief in a same nature in the past, which to you seems to constitute 'reality'. Your problem is not that I can't tell the difference between truth and lie, but that I can. I find it best not to try and name lies reality myself.
I post reality, I have no grudge against the nonexistent, that would be ridiculous, though I am happy to see folks like you who routinely lie about folks like me, face plant in the most graceless methods possible. In this you create great pleasure for me. If you could tell the difference between truth and lie you'd recognize the difference between claims with real evidence and claims that requiring reworking the universe in bizarre ways, ways that are contradicted by the aforementioned real evidence.

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #112

Post by H.sapiens »

dad wrote:
H.sapiens wrote:
I suggest that you can't tell the difference between belief and reality, and therein lies the problem.
We can go by actual posts and what is offered here for example, by you. Instead of reality we see some bizarre attitude problem, and grudge against the bible and God. Add to this a repeated abject failure to support your belief in a same nature in the past, which to you seems to constitute 'reality'. Your problem is not that I can't tell the difference between truth and lie, but that I can. I find it best not to try and name lies reality myself.
I post reality, I have no grudge against the nonexistent, that would be ridiculous, though I am happy to see folks like you who routinely lie about folks like me, face plant in the most graceless methods possible. In this you create great pleasure for me. If you could tell the difference between truth and lie you'd recognize the difference between claims with real evidence and claims that requiring reworking the universe in bizarre ways, ways that are contradicted by the aforementioned real evidence.

dad
Scholar

Post #113

Post by dad »

H.sapiens wrote: I post reality, I have no grudge against the nonexistent,
Nor any way to say what you think of as nonexistent is nonexistent! Nor any way to support your science claims! Nor any way to prove that the same nature in the past you claim existed did exist!
If you could tell the difference between truth and lie you'd recognize the difference between claims with real evidence and claims that requiring reworking the universe in bizarre ways, ways that are contradicted by the aforementioned real evidence.
Newsflash: Evidence needs to be shown, not 'mentioned'! Just because you can't see the God who created and changed the universe on your cell phone, or a test tube does not mean He does not exist, or that everything popped out of a little hot soup speck.

I, for one would not suggest that kids base what reality is from someone that actually believes in their heart that they are relatives with a cockroach, and share an ancestor with a potato!

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #114

Post by H.sapiens »

dad wrote:
H.sapiens wrote: I post reality, I have no grudge against the nonexistent,
Nor any way to say what you think of as nonexistent is nonexistent! Nor any way to support your science claims! Nor any way to prove that the same nature in the past you claim existed did exist!
If you could tell the difference between truth and lie you'd recognize the difference between claims with real evidence and claims that requiring reworking the universe in bizarre ways, ways that are contradicted by the aforementioned real evidence.
Newsflash: Evidence needs to be shown, not 'mentioned'! Just because you can't see the God who created and changed the universe on your cell phone, or a test tube does not mean He does not exist, or that everything popped out of a little hot soup speck.

I, for one would not suggest that kids base what reality is from someone that actually believes in their heart that they are relatives with a cockroach, and share an ancestor with a potato!
Therein lies some more of your problem, you have a vastly over inflated view of your place in the universe not to mention the real evidence that has been repeatedly shown to you that you dismiss without any counter claim save your bible that is so riddled with holes and contradictions that no sane person can take it seriously ... that is why I think you are just a troll and do not waste much time on your posts.

dad
Scholar

Post #115

Post by dad »

H.sapiens wrote: Therein lies some more of your problem, you have a vastly over inflated view of your place in the universe.
I understand your religion has man an an insignificant animal with no purpose, that shares an ancestor with potatoes. I understand your religion claims earth is just another meaningless little speck in space in a doomed universe that will see the sun and stars go out, and that came from a tiny speck o nothin. However, the worthless demeaning opinion you have of man, does not give you the right to insult the bible account of the majesty of man. Do not try and impose your religion on other people.

not to mention the real evidence that has been repeatedly shown
You showed blind faith and beliefs only. You can call that evidence or reality, or a tomato if you like, it changes nothing.

bible that is so riddled with holes and contradictions that no sane person can take it seriously .
.. Of course the usual ignorant hateful rant against God's word. Ho hum.

H.sapiens
Guru

Post #116

Post by H.sapiens »

dad wrote: ... does not give you the right to insult the bible account of the majesty of man. Do not try and impose your religion on other people.
Yes, I indeed do have the right to insult your bible, if you don't like that move to a country where blasphemy is legally sanctioned, you will not last a minute and will find out what it really means to have a religion imposed upon you.

Neatras
Guru

Post #117

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 114 by H.sapiens]

Careful, HS. Your blasphemy will be "noted" by dad. The worst possible outcome. I'm sure he'll tell his imaginary god all about how bad the bad people online were.

The fact he has no credibility on this forum doesn't seem to faze him at all, but hey? At least he feels like he's winning an imaginary tally against those evil atheists. The more he 'notes' our 'blasphemy', the more he convinces himself he's winning.

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #118

Post by JJ50 »

I am of the opinion the Bible is a storybook written by its authors with no input from any god. There is no scientific accuracy to any of the less than credible tales in that book.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #119

Post by Danmark »

JJ50 wrote: I am of the opinion the Bible is a storybook written by its authors with no input from any god. There is no scientific accuracy to any of the less than credible tales in that book.
Whoa there! There's every bit as much scientific evidence for the supernatural claims of the Bible as there is for the Earth being flat. ;)

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #120

Post by brianbbs67 »

[Replying to post 117 by Danmark]

Wait...the Earth's not flat....hold on