Can Paul and or the Church save the “Christians�?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Can Paul and or the Church save the “Christians�?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

"Christian" or "Christianity" is not a definition, it started as a misnomer. It was not started by Jesus- the anointed one. It was started by Paul and the Church the un-anointed ones. I agree that the common man doesn't know this; nevertheless, it is the reality they must know it. It is important for them to save them. Paul and the Church cannot save them; Jesus' truthful teachings could save them. Right, please?

Regards

________
Post 97, thread "Jesus was not a Christian "

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #2

Post by 2timothy316 »

Hello,
“it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.�—Acts 11:26.

The Greek word used for 'divine providence' is chrématizó.
http://biblehub.com/greek/5537.htm
Short Definition: I warn, am publicly called
Definition: (originally: I transact business), (a) act. of God: I warn; pass: I am warned by God (probably in response to an inquiry as to one's duty), (b) (I take a name from my public business, hence) I receive a name, am publicly called.

chrématizó has to do with names and warnings particularly when declared by God.
Other scriptures where it occurs and they all have to with divine names, warnings and direction:
http://biblehub.com/greek/strongs_5537.htm

The Bible shows that the name Christians was God-given. Do you accept this?

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #3

Post by paarsurrey1 »

2timothy316 wrote: Hello,
“it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.�—Acts 11:26.

The Greek word used for 'divine providence' is chrématizó.
http://biblehub.com/greek/5537.htm
Short Definition: I warn, am publicly called
Definition: (originally: I transact business), (a) act. of God: I warn; pass: I am warned by God (probably in response to an inquiry as to one's duty), (b) (I take a name from my public business, hence) I receive a name, am publicly called.

chrématizó has to do with names and warnings particularly when declared by God.
Other scriptures where it occurs and they all have to with divine names, warnings and direction:
http://biblehub.com/greek/strongs_5537.htm

The Bible shows that the name Christians was God-given. Do you accept this?

In what year it happened and one what person, please?
Regards

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by 2timothy316 »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
Regards
The book of Acts covers a period of approximately 28 years, from Jesus’ ascension in 33 C.E. to the end of the second year of Paul’s imprisonment in Rome about 61 C.E.

The exact year is not really known as the Bible doesn't give the exact year. It also doesn't say exactly how the name came into existence or even who thought of the name. All we know from the Bible is that God picked it and it's the name that those that wish live like Jesus did receive.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #5

Post by paarsurrey1 »

2timothy316 wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:
Regards
The book of Acts covers a period of approximately 28 years, from Jesus’ ascension in 33 C.E. to the end of the second year of Paul’s imprisonment in Rome about 61 C.E.

The exact year is not really known as the Bible doesn't give the exact year. It also doesn't say exactly how the name came into existence or even who thought of the name. All we know from the Bible is that God picked it and it's the name that those that wish live like Jesus did receive.
Paul could have done it himself without any authority from Jesus. Paul did invent many things that Jesus never believed in.
Why should the followers of Jesus obey Paul out of blind-faith, please?
Jesus believed either with reason or with Word of Revelation from God, he was a reasonable man.
Regards

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by 2timothy316 »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
2timothy316 wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:
Regards

Paul could have done it himself without any authority from Jesus. Paul did invent many things that Jesus never believed in.
Why should the followers of Jesus obey Paul out of blind-faith, please?
Jesus believed either with reason or with Word of Revelation from God, he was a reasonable man.
Regards
Yet that is not what the Bible says. The Bible says that the name was chosen by God not Paul. Do you accept the Bible as God's Word or not?

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 5 by paarsurrey1]
Paul did invent many things that Jesus never believed in.
Tell us what those things were, please.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Can Paul and or the Church save the “Christians�?

Post #8

Post by ttruscott »

paarsurrey1 wrote: "Christian" or "Christianity" is not a definition, it started as a misnomer. It was not started by Jesus- the anointed one. It was started by Paul and the Church the un-anointed ones. I agree that the common man doesn't know this; nevertheless, it is the reality they must know it. It is important for them to save them. Paul and the Church cannot save them; Jesus' truthful teachings could save them. Right, please?
No one is saved by their understanding of the truth but only by faith, an unproven HOPE in Christ as their saviour. EVERYONE knows the truth of YHWH's divinity and power as per Rom 1:20 and so all are without excuse for their continued rebellion to HIM BUIT that their sinfulness has them repress this proof in favour of the sin they love, Rom 1:21 to the end.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #9

Post by paarsurrey1 »

ttruscott wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: "Christian" or "Christianity" is not a definition, it started as a misnomer. It was not started by Jesus- the anointed one. It was started by Paul and the Church the un-anointed ones. I agree that the common man doesn't know this; nevertheless, it is the reality they must know it. It is important for them to save them. Paul and the Church cannot save them; Jesus' truthful teachings could save them. Right, please?
No one is saved by their understanding of the truth but only by faith, an unproven HOPE in Christ as their saviour. EVERYONE knows the truth of YHWH's divinity and power as per Rom 1:20 and so all are without excuse for their continued rebellion to HIM BUIT that their sinfulness has them repress this proof in favour of the sin they love, Rom 1:21 to the end.
No one is saved by their understanding of the truth but only by faith
It is from Paul who propagated blind-faith, not from Jesus who upheld reason and Revelation. Please
Regards

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by Checkpoint »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
ttruscott wrote:
No one is saved by their understanding of the truth but only by faith
It is from Paul who propagated blind-faith, not from Jesus who upheld reason and Revelation. Please
Regards
Where or when did Paul propagate blind faith?

G ive examples of Jesus upholding reason.

Please.