The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #461

Post by 2timothy316 »

tam wrote: Peace to you!
2timothy316 wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
showme wrote: Plus the JW have the mark of the beast, which precludes ruling with "Christ" (Revelation 20:4).
What do you mean Jehovah's Witnesses have "the mark of the beast"? I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, are you saying I have "the mark of the beast", what do you mean by that?
I think someone doesn't know what 'beasts' represent in the Bible. They don't represent religions. They represent governments.
The beasts (and the seven heads) actually do represent religions.
Incorrect. The harlot and the wild best are two separate things. I think you're confused because right now they are working so closely together. They sometimes speak for each other saying the same things. Yet we don't have speculate on such things, the Bible tells us which is which.

"And I saw a wild beast ascending out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns ten diadems, but on its heads blasphemous names. Now the wild beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were like those of a bear, and its mouth was like a lion’s mouth. And the dragon gave to the beast its power and its throne and great authority." Rev 13:1, 2

Compare

"And I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty." Rev 16:13, 14

The dragon, the wild beast and the false prophet (the harlot) are all speaking unclean expressions yet they are different things.

In many instances other nations or cities are referred to as feminine or as women. A few are: Moab (Jer 48:41), Egypt (Jer 46:11), Rabbah of Ammon (Jer 49:2), Babylon (Jer 51:13), and symbolic Babylon the Great.​—Re 17:1-6;

The Wild Beasts of Daniel and of Revelation. Beasts described in these books represent political kingdoms or governments, exercising rulership and authority, is clearly stated. (Da 7:6, 12, 23; 8:20-22; Re 16:10; 17:3, 9-12) All the beasts are represented as very aggressive, seeking the dominant position over the nations or peoples within the reach of their power.​—Compare Da 7:17, 18, 21; 8:9-11, 23, 24; Re 13:4-7, 15; 17:12-14.

Women = People as in a whole nation, a religion or even city but lack authority of a king or ruler.

Beast = Political systems and rulers with authority.

Authority is what makes them different and that will be clear when the best turns on the harlot. "And the ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire." Rev 17:16.

If Religion is the beast then what is religion eating and burning with fire? Governments? Itself? So saying, 'The beasts actually do represent religions.' makes zero sense.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #462

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Checkpoint wrote: [Replying to post 454 by JehovahsWitness]
Of course I'm sure you also agree the earth isn't yet free of cancer, hunger, war and violence so there are many blessings yet to come for the meek that will inherit the earth.

Or are we living the dream now?
Nor will the earth be so blessed during the millennium, but only afterwards.

That dream will only become reality when the old order of things, including the millennium, has passed away.

Revelation 21:1-5.

The important thing is that "the earth WILL be blessed" eventually, that we are not living the full accomplishment of those blessings at present. The coming blessings is a message good news of good things to come and Jehovah's Witnesses are preaching this message.

I'm sure you're not against publicising such a positive message.
Not every "positive message" is the "good news" that we are to herald as God's messengers.

I'm sure you are against publicising as a positive message what New Agers promote as the afterlife, or what many Christians tell us is up ahead the moment we die as believers.
Romans 3:4

Absolutely not! Let God be true and every man a liar. As it is written: “So that You may be justified in Your words, and prevail in Your judgments.�

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #463

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Well I'm sure you will agree that ...
...The dream will become reality when the old order of things... has passed away. Revelation 21:1-5
Do you think that will be good? If that were news would the above would be considered "Good News" or "Bad News"?

Jehovah's Witnesses preach that ...
"the earth be so blessed ...Revelation 21:1-5
That this blessing for the earth is sure to come!
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #464

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Well I'm sure you will agree that ...
...The dream will become reality when the old order of things... has passed away. Revelation 21:1-5
Do you think that will be good? If that were news would the above would be considered "Good News" or "Bad News"?

But you say that blessing comes 1000 years before the old order of things has passed away!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #465

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Checkpoint wrote:

But you say that blessing comes 1000 years before the old order of things has passed away!

♦ Where did I say that?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #466

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

♦ Where did I say that?
Nowhere in those specific words.

However, is not that sentence an accurate summary of your position?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #467

Post by onewithhim »

Checkpoint wrote:

Where do we say that? I have never seen that.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #468

Post by brianbbs67 »

My landlord for my office is JW and says the 1000 years began in 1914.

Doesn't anyone remember God saying and Christ saying, no one knows that time, not even the Angels?

Like a thief in the night....

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #469

Post by brianbbs67 »

Also, i think the Greek for that Luke verse, "says forcing their way into it"(inserting). Which would be correct, as it is a awesome lifeline. Extended by our Father. He does not wish our destruction, as He created us.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #470

Post by Checkpoint »

onewithhim wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

Where do we say that? I have never seen that.
Tell me, then, briefly but clearly, what you JWs do say on that matter.