The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #471

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Checkpoint wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: Well I'm sure you will agree that ...
...The dream will become reality when the old order of things... has passed away. Revelation 21:1-5
Do you think that will be good? If that were news would the above would be considered "Good News" or "Bad News"?

Jehovah's Witnesses preach that ...
"the earth be so blessed ...Revelation 21:1-5
That this blessing for the earth is sure to come!
But you say that blessing comes 1000 years before the old order of things has passed away!

♦ Where did I say that?
Nowhere in those specific words.

However, is not that sentence an accurate summary of your position?

I don't know what specific blessings are you referring to? And what do you mean by " the old order of things" ?
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #472

brianbbs67 wrote: My landlord for my office is JW and says the 1000 years began in 1914.

Doesn't anyone remember God saying and Christ saying, no one knows that time, not even the Angels?

Like a thief in the night....
If he did he needs to do a little more study. I suspect you simply misunderstood whatever it was he did say, or whatever it was you overheard him saying (or what someone reported to you he said). In any case that is not what has been published in any of our publications.
brianbbs67 wrote: My landlord for my office is JW and says the 1000 years began in 1914.

Doesn't anyone remember God saying and Christ saying, no one knows that time, not even the Angels?
Yes I do remember that, do you remember this post?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 459#891459

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #473

Post by brianbbs67 »

I did not over hear him. We discuss theology. Kinda neat. We have conversations as often as we meet.(that should ring a bell) We disagree on some things. But, not all things.

There are many paths, but one gate. Christ is our gate.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #474

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
...The dream will become reality when the old order of things... has passed away. Revelation 21:1-5
Do you think that will be good? If that were news would the above would be considered "Good News" or "Bad News"?

But you say that blessing comes 1000 years before the old order of things has passed away!

♦ Where did I say that?
Nowhere in those specific words.

However, is not that sentence an accurate summary of your position?

I don't know what specific blessings are you referring to? And what do you mean by " the old order of things" ?
Whatever specific blessings you intended when you wrote of them recently to me, that evinced my reply a day or two ago.

I mean by "the old order of things" whatever God meant in Revelation 21:1-5.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #475

[Replying to post 472 by Checkpoint]

♦Well I was referring to the blessings of the coming time when the "meek shall inherit the (paradise)" earth. This is yet in the future, that's why I wrote the following ....
JehovahsWitness wrote:
Checkpoint wrote: I mean by "the old order of things" whatever God meant in Revelation 21:1-5.
♦I doubt if we will agree what God meant in Revelation 21:1-5 although I thought we might that it hasn't happened yet. .
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #476

brianbbs67 wrote: I did not over hear him. We discuss theology. Kinda neat. We have conversations as often as we meet.(that should ring a bell) We disagree on some things. But, not all things.

Good, then as I said ...

brianbbs67 wrote:My landlord for my office is JW and says the 1000 years began in 1914.
... that is not what we believe I suspect you misunderstood, in any case I suggest you ask him to show you what we believe in one of our publications and/or ask for clarification during your next discussion.

Do let me know how you both get on,

JW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #477

Post by onewithhim »

Like a thief in the night....
A practicing JW would not ever say that the 1,000 years began in 1914. That is NOT something we believe.

And yes, only the Father knows the day and hour, as Jesus said.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #478

Post by onewithhim »

Checkpoint wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

Where do we say that? I have never seen that.
Tell me, then, briefly but clearly, what you JWs do say on that matter.
We are living in the "last days," "harvest time," "the end time," as various scriptures refer to the time just before the Great Tribulation. We don't believe that we know exactly when---the day or the hour---the Great Tribulation will hit. We can only see the "season" that is apparently upon us. Jesus told us what to look for so we would know that we were getting close to the Great Trib....Matthew the 24th chapter.

After Jesus comes and gathers his 144,000 elect, all corrupt human institutions and wicked men will be done away with (Rev.19:11-21). Then the "great crowd" (Rev.7:9,14) that survives Armageddon (which means the very end of the Great Tribulation) will be welcomed by God into a new beginning---a world where there is no hatred or suffering---and a fresh start for the earth to recover from the mishandling it has had for thousands of years, and a time that we call Jesus' Thousand-Year Reign.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #479

Post by onewithhim »

Checkpoint wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

Where do we say that? I have never seen that.
Tell me, then, briefly but clearly, what you JWs do say on that matter.
We are living in the "last days," "harvest time," "the end time," as various scriptures refer to the time just before the Great Tribulation. We don't believe that we know exactly when---the day or the hour---the Great Tribulation will hit. We can only see the "season" that is apparently upon us. Jesus told us what to look for so we would know that we were getting close to the Great Trib....Matthew the 24th chapter.

After Jesus comes and gathers his 144,000 elect, all corrupt human institutions and wicked men will be done away with. Then the "great crowd" that survives Armageddon (which means the very end of the Great Tribulation) will be welcomed by God into a new beginning---a world where there is no hatred or suffering---and a fresh start for the earth to recover from the mishandling it has had for thousands of years, and a time that we call Jesus' Thousand-Year Reign.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #480

Post by onewithhim »

I apologize!! I don't know why my posts duplicate themselves! It has been happening a lot lately.