The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #611

Post by Eloi »

IaLoaou, is Daniel talking about a real Kingdom with a real King or not?

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #612

Post by IaLoaou »

Eloi wrote: IaLoaou, is Daniel talking about a real Kingdom with a real King or not?
I will take that as a

No.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #613

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to post 610 by IaLoaou]

I guess you don't want to recognize that Daniel speaks of a literal kingdom and king. Otherwise, what kind of Messiah do you think the Jews were waiting for according to the promise?

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #614

Post by IaLoaou »

Eloi wrote: [Replying to post 610 by IaLoaou]

I guess you don't want to recognize that Daniel speaks of a literal kingdom and king. Otherwise, what kind of Messiah do you think the Jews were waiting for according to the promise?
What I don't recognize is your interpretations
And opinions of another man's words written in a book.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #615

Post by Eloi »

Dan. 7:13 “I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.

Does that need to be interpreted? :?:

Dan. 2:44 “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever, 45 just as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the clay, the silver, and the gold. The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the future. The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy.�

Does that need to be interpreted?

Well, tell me what is your interpretation of both passages.

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #616

Post by IaLoaou »

Eloi wrote: Dan. 7:13 “I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.

Does that need to be interpreted? :?:

Dan. 2:44 “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever, 45 just as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the clay, the silver, and the gold. The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the future. The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy.�

Does that need to be interpreted?

Well, tell me what is your interpretation of both passages.
What needs to be interpreted is which one of those kingdoms are you living in so tell us which one of those kingdom are you living in right now?

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #617

Post by IaLoaou »

As I have already stated
I will state again you have never entered
into the kingdom of God.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #618

Post by Eloi »

So, you are saying that you don't believe in my interpretation of Daniel. I assumed that you have another different interpretation, cause you say that it would be a contradiction of what you interpret from Luke ... I asked you what is your interpretation of Dan.7:13,14 and 2:44,45 and you say nothing about Daniel, but about me? You cannot isolate Luke from Daniel and say that you are guided by the Scriptures. That only means one thing: the "kingdom" you think you entered in is only in your mind and has nothing to do with the Scriptures, nor even with what Luke said and has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God.

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #619

Post by IaLoaou »

Eloi wrote: So, you are saying that you don't believe in my interpretation of Daniel. I assumed that you have another different interpretation, cause you say that it would be a contradiction of what you interpret from Luke ... I asked you what is your interpretation of Dan.7:13,14 and 2:44,45 and you say nothing about Daniel, but about me? You cannot isolate Luke from Daniel and say that you are guided by the Scriptures. That only means one thing: the "kingdom" you think you entered in is only in your mind and has nothing to do with the Scriptures, nor even with what Luke said and has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God.
Out of all the kingdoms that are listed in The book of Daniel,
which one of them do you live in now at this present time.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #620

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Eloi wrote: [Replying to post 610 by IaLoaou]

I think its fair to say they were expecting a Jewish liberator, that at the least would shake off Roman domination. The majority were most unsatisfied with a future heavenly kingdom.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8