Did Jesus die on the fortieth day after Crucifixion?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Did Jesus die on the fortieth day after Crucifixion?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Jesus neither died on the Cross in Jerusalem nor after 40 days in Galilee. Right, please?
Regards

_____
Post 14, thread "Did Jesus die on the Cross? "

Elijah John
Savant

Post #2

Post by Elijah John »

Most scholars agree on this at the very least. That Jesus was crucified by the Romans and died.

Beyond that, most Christians believe that Jesus also then rose from the dead.

Only Muslims seem to dispute that which is widely regarded as a fact of history, that Jesus died on the cross.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Re: Did Jesus die on the fortieth day after Crucifixion?

Post #3

Post by Checkpoint »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Jesus neither died on the Cross in Jerusalem nor after 40 days in Galilee. Right, please?
Regards

_____
Who invented that story, I wonder?

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #4

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Elijah John wrote: Most scholars agree on this at the very least. That Jesus was crucified by the Romans and died.

Only Muslims seem to dispute that which is widely regarded as a fact of history, that Jesus died on the cross.
Most scholars agree on this at the very least. That Jesus was crucified by the Romans and died.
Why trust such so called scholars, if they are proved wrong even from the clues in the NT, they base their arguments, please?

Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #5

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Checkpoint wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: Jesus neither died on the Cross in Jerusalem nor after 40 days in Galilee. Right, please?
Regards

_____
Who invented that story, I wonder?
One many like to read post 17 by friend JP Cusick in the thread "Did Jesus die on the Cross?" in this connection to have a glimpse of it.
Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Non-Christian Religions and Philosophies.
Regards

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #6

Post by JP Cusick »

paarsurrey1 wrote: One many like to read post 17 by friend JP Cusick in the thread "Did Jesus die on the Cross?" in this connection to have a glimpse of it.
Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Non-Christian Religions and Philosophies.
You are just beating a dead subject as it was already satisfied.

It is not up to a vote or getting other opinions as it is done.

The Bible tells us that Jesus died (went up to heaven) 40 days after the crucifixion.

See here in Acts 1:3-9

QUOTE: " ... he shewed himself alive after his passion ... being seen of them forty days ... " KJV

He survived the cross but He was still severely injured, so 40 days is a long time in pain before He dies.

That settles it - that point is finished.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

Elijah John
Savant

Post #7

Post by Elijah John »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
Elijah John wrote: Most scholars agree on this at the very least. That Jesus was crucified by the Romans and died.

Why trust such so called scholars, if they are proved wrong even from the clues in the NT, they base their arguments, please?

Regards
Which clues from the NT indicate that Jesus never died on the cross? If you want to make your case, please....

I trust the scholars on this point because I see no reason to doubt them on this matter. And their conclusions are in harmony with probability and reason.*

It is not unreasonable to suppose that the Romans of the time would have crucified someone like Jesus, whom they perceived to be a threat to order.

By contrast, (though I am very sympathetic to Islamic monotheistic theology) I find the claims of Islam that it was Judas and not Jesus who was crucified, unconvincing to say the least.

Why would the Romans have crucified Judas and not Jesus?

(* also, a good portion of the scholars are atheists with no vested interest in the outcome of their research.)

The Deist Thomas Paine put it this way: It is not unreasonable for a person to believe that Jesus died on a Roman cross, quite another thing to believe that his death was an atonement for the sins of mankind. (paraphrase, or words to that effect.)

I need a better reason to believe it was Judas and not Jesus who died on the cross than "because the Quran says so".

-YHVH is LORD

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #8

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Elijah John wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:

Regards
Which clues from the NT indicate that Jesus never died on the cross? If you want to make your case, please....

I trust the scholars on this point because I see no reason to doubt them on this matter. And their conclusions are in harmony with probability and reason.*

It is not unreasonable to suppose that the Romans of the time would have crucified someone like Jesus, whom they perceived to be a threat to order.

By contrast, (though I am very sympathetic to Islamic monotheistic theology) I find the claims of Islam that it was Judas and not Jesus who was crucified, unconvincing to say the least.

Why would the Romans have crucified Judas and not Jesus?

(* also, a good portion of the scholars are atheists with no vested interest in the outcome of their research.)

The Deist Thomas Paine put it this way: It is not unreasonable for a person to believe that Jesus died on a Roman cross, quite another thing to believe that his death was an atonement for the sins of mankind. (paraphrase, or words to that effect.)

I need a better reason to believe it was Judas and not Jesus who died on the cross than "because the Quran says so".
I find the claims of Islam that it was Judas and not Jesus who was crucified,
And one would be surprised that Judas is not even mentioned in Quran. One may like to quote the verse of Quran. It must be a wrong translation/interpretation, please.
Regards

Elijah John
Savant

Post #9

Post by Elijah John »

[Replying to post 8 by paarsurrey1]

I don't think it's from the Quran, but Islamic tradition. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

-YHVH is LORD

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #10

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Elijah John wrote: [Replying to post 8 by paarsurrey1]

I don't think it's from the Quran, but Islamic tradition. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
Yes, it has got nothing to do with Quran/Islam/Muhammad. It is just a wrong concept some people invented centuries after Muhammad.
Quran is the first and the foremost source of guidance whatever the denomination.
Regards