Did Jesus Act like a resurrected person?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Hakeem Alyazeedi

Did Jesus Act like a resurrected person?

Post #1

Post by Hakeem Alyazeedi »

I would like to see real evidence if Jesus acted as a resurrected that is once you die.

dio9
Under Probation

Re: Did Jesus Act like a resurrected person?

Post #2

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 1 by Hakeem Alyazeedi]

It is a matter of faith. The same kind of faith that believes Muhammad ascended from al-aqsa mosqua

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #3

Post by JP Cusick »

Hakeem Alyazeedi wrote: I would like to see real evidence if Jesus acted as a resurrected that is once you die.
One problem is to understand whatever is meant by a "resurrection" because in the 1st century it could have a different meaning than today in the 21st century.

The scriptures tells that Jesus lived after being crucified - and that was the point.

So the evidence points to Jesus being resuscitated which means He was still severely wounded and the Romans thought He was dead but instead Jesus survived and that would be seen as a resurrection to the 1st century view.

My finding is told in John 19:34 " But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. "

As such the spear wound allowed the fluid to drain off of His lungs and heart which thereby the spear saved the life of Jesus, and that is a miracle.

Then as told in Acts 1:3-9 Jesus lived another 40 days and then He died, and logically He died from the lingering and festering wounds of the crucifixion.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

dio9
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by dio9 »

JP Cusick wrote:
Hakeem Alyazeedi wrote: I would like to see real evidence if Jesus acted as a resurrected that is once you die.
One problem is to understand whatever is meant by a "resurrection" because in the 1st century it could have a different meaning than today in the 21st century.

The scriptures tells that Jesus lived after being crucified - and that was the point.

So the evidence points to Jesus being resuscitated which means He was still severely wounded and the Romans thought He was dead but instead Jesus survived and that would be seen as a resurrection to the 1st century view.

My finding is told in John 19:34 " But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. "

As such the spear wound allowed the fluid to drain off of His lungs and heart which thereby the spear saved the life of Jesus, and that is a miracle.

Then as told in Acts 1:3-9 Jesus lived another 40 days and then He died, and logically He died from the lingering and festering wounds of the crucifixion.
interesting theory; I am of the opinion the resurrection was the inheritance of Jesus' mission by his disciples.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by ttruscott »

JP Cusick wrote:Then as told in Acts 1:3-9 Jesus lived another 40 days and then He died, and logically He died from the lingering and festering wounds of the crucifixion.
Interpreting the 40 days this way has no basis the words nor the traditions, therefore it is without foundation.
Last edited by ttruscott on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Greetings Hakeem, Welcome please.

What should a resurrected person act like in your opinion?

I am one of JEHOVAHS WITNESS ( I am not a Catholic, my religion is different from Catholics)

هل كان ليسوع جسم روحاني ام
لحمي بعد قيامته؟�

الكتاب المقدس يجيب
يذكر الكتاب المقدس ان يسوع ‹أ�ميت �ي الجسد ولكن أ�حيي [أ�قيم] �ي

Further reading; https://www.jw.org/ar/
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #7

Post by JP Cusick »

JehovahsWitness wrote: What should a resurrected person act like in your opinion?
This has been discussed in other topics so here is my answer:

To be resurrected then the person must be raised as healthy and not injured.

As like a person has a heart attack and dies so if they were resurrected as they died then their heart would still be attacking and they would just repeat and die again.

Or some one died by having their head cut off as like in an auto accident, then if they were resurrected as they died - then their head would still be cut off.

Today we have medical techniques which can bring back a person after they die and it is not a resurrection as a healthy person.

Jesus made it clear that He still had the holes in His hands and still had the spear wound in His side so He was not resurrected as a healthy person, and so the text as evidence demonstrates that Jesus some how survived the crucifixion and He was still severely injured when the Disciples saw Him, so it was not a true resurrection as people claim that today.

Jesus was resuscitated by coming back to life and in the 1st century that is a resurrection and it is still a miracle to survive the crucifixion.

It is also notable that Jesus was taken down from the cross on the same day instead of hanging there to rot, and Jesus laid in the tomb for 3 days which is still a fairly fast time to get up after being so brutalized by the crucifixion.

This view is based on Jesus being a real person instead of viewing Jesus as some magical man who magically comes back from the dead while still being severely injured.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

marco
Savant

Post #8

Post by marco »

We don't have a lot of examples of how resurrected people act. We can only guess. Jesus had a piece of fish and was still sore after his wounds. One would have thought resurrection would have erased the wounds but it seems not. Some say he had a "glorified body", whatever that is, but it still showed signs of bruising.

When we disbelieve, we can present such questions. Likewise we can ask if the 7th century trader and caravan raider was the sort of person you'd have as a Prophet of God.

dio9
Under Probation

Post #9

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 7 by JP Cusick]

As I said earlier this is a matter of faith .The Christian creeds all say Jesus died and descended into sheol and came back after three days. the creeds say he really died. but again resurrection is an issue of faith.

bjs
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by bjs »

JP Cusick wrote: My finding is told in John 19:34 " But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. "

Medically speaking, this is inaccurate. A spear would in no way be beneficial. It would most likely puncture the heart or lungs, speeding death along. If by some (as you say) miracle, the spear did not puncture any vital organs, the release of surrounding fluids would be of minimal benefit to the victim. The removal of those fluids might loosen room for lungs to breath, but not relieve the fundamental problem of asphyxiation cause by crucifixion. By the time a victim was to the point that releasing those fluids would be helpful, then that benefit would be far outweighed by onset of shock from blood loss caused by the wound, which would bring death to someone on a cross within seconds.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/200 ... equestions

JP Cusick wrote: One problem is to understand whatever is meant by a "resurrection" because in the 1st century it could have a different meaning than today in the 21st century.

The scriptures explicitly and repeatedly say that he died on the cross.
Understand that you might believe. Believe that you might understand. –Augustine of Hippo