Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Is God really not a Spirit?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

I put the above question to everyone here courtesy our friend JP Cusick:
I kind-of agree that God is not really a Spirit because God created the Spirit world before creating the physical world.
As such even the Spirits of the Spirit world do not correctly know what is the Creator God?
I agree that the real Creator God can be seen in its attributes and qualities; much like science does for magnetism and gravity which are invisible and are not physical.

And I agree too with you about the absolutes, but the absolutes are by far the hardest to find.

Regards

William
Savant

Re: Is God really not a Spirit?

Post #31

Post by William »

[Replying to post 28 by marco]
And I thought Hamlet was created in the mind of Shakespeare.
The mind of Shakespeare is in the mind of GOD
So was God created in the mind of Himself?
Ideas of GOD are created in the mind of GOD. (GOD is not a male or an idea)
God, after all, is in the set of "all things."
GOD is consciousness. Consciousness is not a 'thing'. Consciousness uses things for experience.

Shakespeare was a thing. The mind of Shakespeare was not a thing.

:)

marco
Savant

Post #32

Post by marco »

William wrote:

The mind of Shakespeare is in the mind of GOD
And the mind of God is in the mind of God's inventor.
William wrote:
Ideas of GOD are created in the mind of GOD. (GOD is not a male or an idea)
This is nicely inventive. How do you know?
William wrote:
GOD is consciousness. Consciousness is not a 'thing'. Consciousness uses things for experience.

Shakespeare was a thing. The mind of Shakespeare was not a thing.
We are playing with definitions. You may arbitrarily say "God is consciousness" but you might as well say "God is free will" or "God is beauty" or "God is truth." All you're doing is differentiating between concrete nouns and abstract nouns. You know as much about God as I do.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #33

Post by paarsurrey1 »

William wrote: [Replying to post 26 by paarsurrey1]
So physical world and the spiritual realm are both creations of God,
Realms/worlds are places. Some have a higher density than others. All realms can be experienced as real by consciousness. GOD is consciousness.

Realms/worlds are things. Consciousness is not a 'thing'. Consciousness uses things for experience.
consciousness
Is consciousness a physical reality or a spiritual reality or it is different than both of them, please?
Regards

William
Savant

Post #34

Post by William »

[Replying to post 31 by paarsurrey1]
Is consciousness a physical reality or a spiritual reality or it is different than both of them
Consciousness is what is real. Physical reality or a spiritual reality are simply things which are created by that which is real - Consciousness. They are not real in the same way that consciousness is real. It is consciousness alone which decides what is real, through experiencing the things it creates.

For example, you and I are consciousness, and as such we are aspects of GOD, which - through a series of processes have been divested into this physical thing called the universe, specifically into the forms of the human instrument, on the planet Earth.

We experience what we do as being a thing that is real, and so it is until our forms are no longer able to hold us within that reality.

When we depart this experience, where we go next will also be considered real as we experience it. In relation to that, it is my understanding that what we will experience will be what we as individuals create for ourselves, largely on what we believe.

In relation to 'spiritual' realms (universes) these apparently consist of less physical objects - things which are not so densified as we currently experience them in this present universe.

However, this does not mean that we each will experience the next phase (spiritual realm) as less dense than this one, because it is all dependent upon our individual beliefs as to what unfolds, and many who have departed this universe are unaware that they create for themselves the next experience. If they find themselves in a place where - for example - a table appears to be solid, they will believe it to be the case, and therefore would not be able to move through that table.

They are unaware that they have created the table (and everything else they are experiencing) and they expect the table to be solid, and so it is.

So you may be able to understand in this that 'spirit' and 'physical' become blurred in relation to personal belief and the terms cancel one another out.

Within the so-called 'spirit' realm, there are uncountable variations of 'realities' which individuals have created for themselves.
These are partitioned off from one another in relation to the individuals beliefs.

The partitions act like holding cells and the creations themselves are not permanent - they will not last forever, but they will last for as long as those who created them believe them to be real.

This is simply the nature of consciousness in relation to the next phase of experience, that what it believes to be real, is what it will experience as being real.

This also works in relation to our current situation but because of the density of our situation it is less obvious for that. We do not simply instantly manifest our ideas into this universe. We actually have to bring them into existence through working with the materials available and those materials are limited. We also have to work in conjunction with others to make many things real.

Most of what I have said above is what I have pieced together through various sources which offer data freely available to anyone interested enough to spend years researching.

Basically though, when it comes to 'what is real' only Consciousness is real, in the sense that Consciousness is the cause of things existing and is the only 'substance' which has always and will always exist, with or without 'form' but obviously it appears to be far more fun for consciousness to create 'realms' in which to explore, and that is why I say that all things exist within the mind of GOD. There is no thing outside the mind of GOD, and in relation to our next phase of experience, most of that happens within the mind of the local GOD, the mind of the Earth Entity, and the reason for this has to do with our individual beliefs of which we have to work through in order to eventually discard those beliefs in favor of truthfulness, and because in relation to GOD the First Source Consciousness, we are far more closely related in terms of our position, to GOD the Earth Entity, which is itself an aspect of the First Source Consciousness divested into this universe.

'

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #35

Post by paarsurrey1 »

William wrote: [Replying to post 31 by paarsurrey1]
Is consciousness a physical reality or a spiritual reality or it is different than both of them
Consciousness is what is real. Physical reality or a spiritual reality are simply things which are created by that which is real - Consciousness. They are not real in the same way that consciousness is real. It is consciousness alone which decides what is real, through experiencing the things it creates.

For example, you and I are consciousness, and as such we are aspects of GOD, which - through a series of processes have been divested into this physical thing called the universe, specifically into the forms of the human instrument, on the planet Earth.

We experience what we do as being a thing that is real, and so it is until our forms are no longer able to hold us within that reality.

When we depart this experience, where we go next will also be considered real as we experience it. In relation to that, it is my understanding that what we will experience will be what we as individuals create for ourselves, largely on what we believe.

In relation to 'spiritual' realms (universes) these apparently consist of less physical objects - things which are not so densified as we currently experience them in this present universe.

However, this does not mean that we each will experience the next phase (spiritual realm) as less dense than this one, because it is all dependent upon our individual beliefs as to what unfolds, and many who have departed this universe are unaware that they create for themselves the next experience. If they find themselves in a place where - for example - a table appears to be solid, they will believe it to be the case, and therefore would not be able to move through that table.

They are unaware that they have created the table (and everything else they are experiencing) and they expect the table to be solid, and so it is.

So you may be able to understand in this that 'spirit' and 'physical' become blurred in relation to personal belief and the terms cancel one another out.

Within the so-called 'spirit' realm, there are uncountable variations of 'realities' which individuals have created for themselves.
These are partitioned off from one another in relation to the individuals beliefs.

The partitions act like holding cells and the creations themselves are not permanent - they will not last forever, but they will last for as long as those who created them believe them to be real.

This is simply the nature of consciousness in relation to the next phase of experience, that what it believes to be real, is what it will experience as being real.

This also works in relation to our current situation but because of the density of our situation it is less obvious for that. We do not simply instantly manifest our ideas into this universe. We actually have to bring them into existence through working with the materials available and those materials are limited. We also have to work in conjunction with others to make many things real.

Most of what I have said above is what I have pieced together through various sources which offer data freely available to anyone interested enough to spend years researching.

Basically though, when it comes to 'what is real' only Consciousness is real, in the sense that Consciousness is the cause of things existing and is the only 'substance' which has always and will always exist, with or without 'form' but obviously it appears to be far more fun for consciousness to create 'realms' in which to explore, and that is why I say that all things exist within the mind of GOD. There is no thing outside the mind of GOD, and in relation to our next phase of experience, most of that happens within the mind of the local GOD, the mind of the Earth Entity, and the reason for this has to do with our individual beliefs of which we have to work through in order to eventually discard those beliefs in favor of truthfulness, and because in relation to GOD the First Source Consciousness, we are far more closely related in terms of our position, to GOD the Earth Entity, which is itself an aspect of the First Source Consciousness divested into this universe.

'
Consciousness is what is real
How did Consciousness come into existence, please?
Regards

William
Savant

Post #36

Post by William »

[Replying to post 33 by paarsurrey1]
How did Consciousness come into existence, please?
You are asking how did GOD come into existence. The answer is, Consciousness has always existed and will always exist. It was not created.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #37

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: [Replying to post 19 by onewithhim]
Physical matter like human beings, right? God and Jesus were creative with physical matter and created human beings. We are not "spiritual beings," or, beings that are actually spirit. We are created as physical beings.
That is how materialism sees human beings as.

Consciousness is spirit not flesh. It is not something which the flesh creates.

There are many references to the idea that we are aspects of Spirit. Even the biblical ones, such as GOD breathing life into the human form, is a reference to this.

Self identify as you wish. Think of yourself the flesh, as you choose.

My thoughts are elsewhere. The human form is a container through which I am currently experiencing... and the container is not who I am.
Well, that's sort of true. If you were to die and your body was totally incinerated, who you are would already have been recorded in the mind of God and He would remember you as you were, not being stymied by your incineration. So in that sense your body would not have been the "real you." The real you would be in the mind of God, and He would re-create you as you were, someday when Jesus calls forth from their graves everyone who died. This is called "the Resurrection" (John 5:28; 6:44).

onewithhim
Savant

Post #38

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: [Replying to post 24 by Checkpoint]
Who you are, who all humans are, is a living soul with a spirit, in a container we call a body, and which scripture calls our tent.
Soul is the data of experience storage facility of spirit. I am not a 'soul'. I am not the DESF which has a 'spirit', but a spirit which has, as an aspect of who I am, a DESF.
Sorry, but yes, you ARE a "soul," just as the Bible says that Adam became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #39

Post by onewithhim »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: I put the above question to everyone here courtesy our friend JP Cusick:
I kind-of agree that God is not really a Spirit because God created the Spirit world before creating the physical world.
As such even the Spirits of the Spirit world do not correctly know what is the Creator God?
I agree that the real Creator God can be seen in its attributes and qualities; much like science does for magnetism and gravity which are invisible and are not physical.

And I agree too with you about the absolutes, but the absolutes are by far the hardest to find.

Regards
I disagree with the question. Of course God is a spirit being. How could a physical being create anything? The spirit realm is wondrous beyond our comprehension.

The Scriptures also state clearly that God is a Spirit (John 4:24).
Of course God is a spirit being. How could a physical being create anything?
My understanding is that God is attributive, He is neither physical nor a spirit.
So one's question is not related to my understanding.
God created the physical world:

[6:2] All praise belongs to Allah Who created the heavens and the earth and brought into being every kind of darkness and light; yet those who disbelieve set up equals to their Lord.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... =6&verse=0

God also caused the creation of spirit:

[17:86] And they ask thee concerning the soul*. Say, ‘The soul is by the command of my Lord; and of the knowledge thereof you have been given but a little.’
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... 7&verse=85
*spirit

So physical world and the spiritual realm are both creations of God, please.
Regards
Yes, that is true. Also, the Bible says that "God is a spirit" (John 4:24), and you say that Muslims believe what the Bible says.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #40

Post by onewithhim »

marco wrote:
William wrote:
All things are created in the mind of GOD.
And I thought Hamlet was created in the mind of Shakespeare. So was God created in the mind of Himself?

God, after all, is in the set of "all things."
No, I think that it is automatically understood that God is the obvious exception to "all things."