Trigger warnings

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Trigger warnings

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

What is a trigger warning and why is it needed?

Basically if I can be so mundane I don't enjoy horror movies. So is labeling a movie as a horror movie a type of trigger warning?

Is it more likely that the truth needs a trigger warning or that a lie does?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: Trigger warnings

Post #2

Post by JP Cusick »

Wootah wrote: What is a trigger warning and why is it needed?

Basically if I can be so mundane I don't enjoy horror movies. So is labeling a movie as a horror movie a type of trigger warning?

Is it more likely that the truth needs a trigger warning or that a lie does?
In my view a horror movie does hurt to a person's integrity, and as such if a movie is described as a horror then that is a trigger for me to not watch that movie.

We do need trigger warnings to protect our self.

There surely can be positive versions of a trigger, as like a book about psychology is not likely to include gratuitous violence (negative trigger).

I do see truth or lie as being the most important of triggers.

A book says it is fiction then it is a lie, but a non fiction is giving truth, but those are descriptions, and those descriptions are triggers for me as I try to stay away from lies.

I will sometimes watch a violent or even a horror movie if it is based on the truth, and being a true story is the trigger for me.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian: